2020 Ironton 33 - 11 Cincinnati Sycamore(D1)

EvilPaladin
Waterboy

Re: 10-2 - Ironton vs D1 Cincinnati Sycamore --- 8 pm

Post by EvilPaladin »

But we have hardly seen Ironton since they used the old cut and run technique to get out of the SEOAL.

EvilPaladin
Waterboy

Post by EvilPaladin »

Two time cut an runners actually

countywide35
SEOP

Re: 10-2 - Ironton vs D1 Cincinnati Sycamore

Post by countywide35 »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:12 am
countywide35 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:01 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:53 pm

The stats showed a team ( kirtland) who controlled the line of scrimmage as well as the game, for 4 quarters. Only the score itself was close.
Well stats are a lot like bikinis. Show a lot but not every thing.
(I saw that posted some where on preps and thought it was a lil wity. ) ha. But it is fitting !

Ironton played with a lot of heart. And never gave up. And that alone kept the score close. I-Town be just fine.

Shoot I wish s I could belly ache gripe complain and all the above why we got beat in a State Championship Game. Best we can up to 2020 is Regional Runners-Up. And only twice for that. Hang in there SpeedKlz. It ain’t all that bad to be a Tiger fan. 😬
Hey, you used my signature! Haha. :lol:
Good luck to the Tigers! Let these inner city folk know what SEO football is about!!

Yo!

That’s where I read that this week. Thanks for sharing that !!! Haha. Good stuff. And I loved the analogy!!! Haha good stuff
I agree with you in hopes that I-Town not only wins the game. But I hope they physically whip em all over the football field.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
SEOALlives
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOALlives »

Pa1adin wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:08 am Two time cut an runners actually
You said it before I could. Yes, Ironton pulled the ole cut-n-run before Athens made it so famous. So, not surprising that they pick up a 1-4 team and brag about it.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

Pa1adin wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:05 am
BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:58 am
Pa1adin wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:56 am This is a decent pick up at best. If they wanted to beat their chests they should have looked to northwest Ohio for a challenge. But we've seen in the past how Ironton shies away from looking to the north just as they did by ducking Logan.
You’re just kidding, right? Lol.
In a word.....NO! These teams down south look slow on film. Ironton needs the challenge of speed that can only be found in the northeast side of the state.
You’re right about them needing to be tested, especially because they are probably going to be playing for a state title.....again. So to be tested, yes. Be tested by Logan? Laughable. Lol. If that game happened, the Tigers JV would be in by half time. If you think this 1-4 Cincinnati team is a slouch, you better do some homework.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

SEOALlives wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:11 am
You said it before I could. Yes, Ironton pulled the ole cut-n-run before Athens made it so famous. So, not surprising that they pick up a 1-4 team and brag about it.
Should they have played st. Eds that would be a game huh you guys are goofy

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

Pa1adin wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:56 am This is a decent pick up at best. If they wanted to beat their chests they should have looked to northwest Ohio for a challenge. But we've seen in the past how Ironton shies away from looking to the north just as they did by ducking Logan.
In a word.....NO! These teams down south look slow on film. Ironton needs the challenge of speed that can only be found in the northeast side of the state.
You are HILARIOUS!!! “Decent pick up at best” do you see any school in SEO challenging D1 team? I know darn sure you don’t see a D5 team doing this. Ironton knows what speed looks like, you forget they went 5 games in the playoffs last year? Oh wait and they played Ashland who is a power in KY. You are delusional my friend.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

NoPain23 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:33 pm

You are HILARIOUS!!! “Decent pick up at best” do you see any school in SEO challenging D1 team? I know darn sure you don’t see a D5 team doing this. Ironton knows what speed looks like, you forget they went 5 games in the playoffs last year? Oh wait and they played Ashland who is a power in KY. You are delusional my friend.
Yeah only the northwest has speed no fast kids no where else in ohio believe what hes saying and nothing else

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

REDMAN wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:47 am Bad news is the Tigers are going to get blasted

Good news is Irontons concession will be open with pizza and hot dogs.

Will the piss boys be out in the parking lot partying it up ?
That’s so embarrassing but it is true! The sad thing is no one will do anything about it. They are drinking and exposing themselves at a high school football game. You would think Pendleton, school board or other administrators would do something about it especially when the know this is going on. Straight up embarrassment!

SEOALlives
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOALlives »

MrFirstTake wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:15 pm
SEOALlives wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:11 am
Should they have played st. Eds that would be a game huh you guys are goofy
Nah, just cut-n-run like they did from the SEOAL. Twice. :o

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Notice this is not Paladin posting on this topic...[Pa1adin]

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

noreply66 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:05 pm Notice this is not Paladin posting on this topic...[Pa1adin]
He must be a close friend of yours for you to know him that well. It's good that you cover his back like that. :mrgreen:

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

noreply66 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:05 pm Notice this is not Paladin posting on this topic...[Pa1adin]
WOW! I wish I knew a moderator who would look out for me in this way.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Yea, Pa1adin has friends in high places it looks like. :mrgreen:

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

This is great, seeing so many people hating on Ironton again. You know Coach Pendleton is doing something very right when there's that many people who start hating us.

I looked at record of Sycamore. Anybody who thinks this is going to be an easy game for Ironton is really going to be in for a surprise. When I first heard one and four, I was pretty disappointed until I looked at it deeper. The Tigers have a real challenge on their hands tonight! If they lose, they win a great learning experience. If they win they still get the experience and a bit of swagger

This is one game I really wished I could be in person and see. I'm very thankful that it will be livestream though! We need to let the people who sponsored the video know how much we appreciate their contribution!

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

Uhh.... just so everyone is clear, Sycamore is not an inner city school. It is a suburban school located in Blue Ash near the I-275/I-71 cutoff along the northern loop. Its best sports most recently have been boys tennis and girls lacrosse. Data analysis website Niche rated Sycamore as the 10th best school in the State of Ohio from an academic standpoint in 2019-2020. The median family income in Sycamore Township is well above national averages at $69,000, and the median home value is $167,000.

Go Tigers, beat the rich Cincinnati suburbanites.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: 10-2 - Ironton vs D1 Cincinnati Sycamore

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

TigerMania wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:34 pm Being a tiger fan I’m not quite sure this was a good move. I hope the boys win and come out of this game injury free. I guess we will find out after the game tomorrow night if we are trying to prove we can hang with Kirtland this year who has already beat 2 Division 1 schools in Shaker Heights and Solon or should we have took a couple of weeks off to rest and be ready for the playoffs? I hope this is a positive experience for the Tigers. Go Tigers!
My exact concern!
GoTigersGo

#GoTgo

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Good luck to Ironton tonight against a tough opponent! Looking for my Pirates to matchup with the Tigers down the line!

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

The teams down south do look slow on film. I agree.

Example: chesapeakes 1st play from scrimmage against Ironton ( a keeper) developed so slowly, it looked like a middle school team ran it. Still netted em 4 yards.

Gotta be a lot faster off the ball & gotta ditch that small town by golly nice guy poop and find an edge and play like it.

ENERGY!!

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

pembrook burrows III wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:19 pm Uhh.... just so everyone is clear, Sycamore is not an inner city school. It is a suburban school located in Blue Ash near the I-275/I-71 cutoff along the northern loop. Its best sports most recently have been boys tennis and girls lacrosse. Data analysis website Niche rated Sycamore as the 10th best school in the State of Ohio from an academic standpoint in 2019-2020. The median family income in Sycamore Township is well above national averages at $69,000, and the median home value is $167,000.

Go Tigers, beat the rich Cincinnati suburbanites.
Lmao I think when these seo folks see any team with some melanin its "inner city" to them. 😂

Return to “Football”