Region 11

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Re: Region 11

Post by Tommy Chong »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:04 pm Heck jackson probably has the highest probability to be the #1 seed
Question is will Athens even bother to show up or opt out

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Tommy Chong wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:52 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:00 pm
Tommy Chong wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:46 pm

Well you said last years playoff loss would weigh heavily on this years seedings . Curious as to why ?
Jackson hung around for a while against Alder, before JA pulled away. Alder won out with better conditioning and depth, and they were prepared better in regular season competition.

As to why it matters this time around, JA’s win over Jackson confirmed what many coaches up Columbus way have been thinking about Jackson: good coach, good fundamentals, some very good players, but no depth (compared to other top teams in the region) and an underwhelming schedule. All of the positives of Jackson is enough to make them a consistent playoff attendee, but it’s the product of lesser depth and lesser strength of schedule that makes them seem as not quite being on the level of the CCL teams, Alder/London and TV/Sheridan. Jackson has a very good team, but it’s hard to see how coaches will just vote them high on the record when the three Catholics are beating each other up and there are two other teams up their way that will be undefeated with more impressive wins.
Can’t really argue with any of that. Jackson has had some success against the teams up North with wins over Granville , Watterson , and Bexely. They played Desales rough a couple times but agree Jackson is a solid program in southern ohio. Not much around here for em. Agree need to play a couple heavyweights a year , and I don’t mean Wheelersburg Logan or Athens. I mean Clinton Massie , desales , or Hartley .
Strong agree. It’ll be a fun playoffs.

I apologize for being aggressive earlier in my reply to you.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Tommy Chong wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:54 pm Question is will Athens even bother to show up or opt out
Are you 5?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I would think it's either Jackson or the kids of corn #1. Sheridan always does well in rankings

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Sheridan beat Tri-Valley 33-0.

Sheridan was up 6-0 at half and threw 4 picks in the first half.
Tri-Valley had maybe 10 first downs.

Sheridan should get the #1 seed. Obviously the teams that can recruit in central Ohio will always be tough ;)

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

teach1coach2 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:04 pm Sheridan beat Tri-Valley 33-0.

Sheridan was up 6-0 at half and threw 4 picks in the first half.
Tri-Valley had maybe 10 first downs.

Sheridan should get the #1 seed. Obviously the teams that can recruit in central Ohio will always be tough ;)
Your just mad Desales recruits better than Sheridan. :lol:

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Post by Jackson Football »

Jackson will probably be a 6 seed. It’s a very tough region. Most years Jackson is a 6-8 type team in the region, good years can get to the top 4. Maybe one day they’ll get that regional championship.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

1. DeSales
2. Hartley
3. Sheridan
4. London
5. Jonathan Alder
6. Bishop Watterson
7. Jackson
8. Granville
9. Eastmoor
10. Tri-Valley

Glad to see the coaches did the right thing here and put SFD & BH in the top three.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

No love for Jackson

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:33 pm No love for Jackson
Jackson is right where they should be. They got a bye because they're 5-0, but they're the lowest ranked team with a bye because of their lack of schedule strength. That's not their fault since their better OOC games were taken away due to the schedule restructuring, but when working off the competition they have played, it makes sense to have them at 7.

The top 7 seeds were very well done in my opinion.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Region 11
Attachments
FB_IMG_1601577788086.jpg

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

As an old SEOAL area transplant to C-bus many years ago, I'm still hoping to see Jackson get over that 2nd rd hump away from home. Technically with the bye ,Tri-Valley (who will beat Centennial) is a second rd game but Jackson is @ home for their 1st game. T-V played Sheridan close in the rival game until the half last week but fell apart in the second. We'll see if a perennial upper echelon MVL team can beat the FAC champs. The winner will then travel to beautiful cozy Jack Ryan field to meet the Hartley Hawks (who will beat WB or Athens) for a 2nd round game. The last three years I've made the 5, 35 & 30 minute trips to Independence, Granville and Teays Valley (Alder) for the Jackson playoff games where they were outscored 108-27. Hopefully, I'll get to make the 15 minute trip to Zettler Avenue this year to see the Ironmen play better for 4 qtrs and maybe, just maybe come away with a win to move on to a 3rd playoff game.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:46 pm As an old SEOAL area transplant to C-bus many years ago, I'm still hoping to see Jackson get over that 2nd rd hump away from home. Technically with the bye ,Tri-Valley (who will beat Centennial) is a second rd game but Jackson is @ home for their 1st game. T-V played Sheridan close in the rival game until the half last week but fell apart in the second. We'll see if a perennial upper echelon MVL team can beat the FAC champs. The winner will then travel to beautiful cozy Jack Ryan field to meet the Hartley Hawks (who will beat WB or Athens) for a 2nd round game. The last three years I've made the 5, 35 & 30 minute trips to Independence, Granville and Teays Valley (Alder) for the Jackson playoff games where they were outscored 108-27. Hopefully, I'll get to make the 15 minute trip to Zettler Avenue this year to see the Ironmen play better for 4 qtrs and maybe, just maybe come away with a win to move on to a 3rd playoff game.
“cozy Jack Ryan field” you got that right. Hartley is hard to beat on their home turf.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:50 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:46 pm As an old SEOAL area transplant to C-bus many years ago, I'm still hoping to see Jackson get over that 2nd rd hump away from home. Technically with the bye ,Tri-Valley (who will beat Centennial) is a second rd game but Jackson is @ home for their 1st game. T-V played Sheridan close in the rival game until the half last week but fell apart in the second. We'll see if a perennial upper echelon MVL team can beat the FAC champs. The winner will then travel to beautiful cozy Jack Ryan field to meet the Hartley Hawks (who will beat WB or Athens) for a 2nd round game. The last three years I've made the 5, 35 & 30 minute trips to Independence, Granville and Teays Valley (Alder) for the Jackson playoff games where they were outscored 108-27. Hopefully, I'll get to make the 15 minute trip to Zettler Avenue this year to see the Ironmen play better for 4 qtrs and maybe, just maybe come away with a win to move on to a 3rd playoff game.
“cozy Jack Ryan field” you got that right. Hartley is hard to beat on their home turf.
Well, it is a cozy, tree lined, old school vibe (but don't park any further South of the field than Scottwood Road) !!!!! :o

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Not sure if I am misunderstanding your post, but Jackson has been to the 3rd round before. They lost the regional final to Zanesville in 2015.

Jackson played in another regional final in 1996, but that was back when there were only four teams per region.

The Ironmen are 8-14 all-time in the OHSAA playoffs currently. They've done pretty well (for SE Ohio) making the playoffs and winning a game every now and then, but obviously need to take that next step and advance further on a more regular basis.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

My Bulldogs will have their hands full with that QB for Western Brown

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:15 pm My Bulldogs will have their hands full with that QB for Western Brown
Oh yes i watched them vs massie hes really good to be a sophomore i think they have a few sophomores who contribute if im not mistaken

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

ironman02 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:55 pm
Not sure if I am misunderstanding your post, but Jackson has been to the 3rd round before. They lost the regional final to Zanesville in 2015.

Jackson played in another regional final in 1996, but that was back when there were only four teams per region.

The Ironmen are 8-14 all-time in the OHSAA playoffs currently. They've done pretty well (for SE Ohio) making the playoffs and winning a game every now and then, but obviously need to take that next step and advance further on a more regular basis.
They've done pretty well, agreed. Notice I said at the top of my post "away from home". I did have free front row parking & ticket last year (courtesy of a longtime administrative friend) when I came down last year for the Centennial game but I knew that was going to be a bad night for the Stars (great skill players but low on numbers & especially lineman). The 2015 Bexley game was @ home and the Watterson game was in Chilly I believe (so essentially a home game) . I don't know, maybe I'm skewed in my thinking but the way they've played in the games I've been to over the last few years at or near home and the way they play more than 50 or more miles from home is like night and day to me.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Pretty much anytime in the last decade if Tri-Valley drew Jackson I would be jumping up and down. (I graduated from a TVC school.) Not sure how this Jackson team compares to their teams of the past, but this is not a strong TV team. Has some skill players, but not studs all over the field like some recent years.

Sheridan had self-inflicted wounds against TV in the first half. The game could have easily been 60-0- for Sheridan. Sheridan is for real. Better than TV the last 2 years but peed down their leg (TV beat Sheridan 11 times in the last 15 years). Sheridan is good enough to win the region.

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Post by Jackson Football »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:00 pm
ironman02 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:55 pm

They've done pretty well, agreed. Notice I said at the top of my post "away from home". I did have free front row parking & ticket last year (courtesy of a longtime administrative friend) when I came down last year for the Centennial game but I knew that was going to be a bad night for the Stars (great skill players but low on numbers & especially lineman). The 2015 Bexley game was @ home and the Watterson game was in Chilly I believe (so essentially a home game) . I don't know, maybe I'm skewed in my thinking but the way they've played in the games I've been to over the last few years at or near home and the way they play more than 50 or more miles from home is like night and day to me.
2014 Jackson lost by 10 to a strong desales team , it was a toss up until very late
2015 Jackson beat Bexley and shutout a very hyped up waterson team , before falling to a loaded zanesville
2017 and 2018 Jackson backed into the playoffs and were ousted in round 1
2019 Jackson throttled Centennial and lost to a strong Jonathan Alder , Jackson has some bad miscues but was beat in all phases .

Maybe it to do with advancing in a brutal region and playing betters teams

The million dollar question is how does Jackson get over that hump ?

Return to “Football”