2020 Wellston 33 - 12 Vinton County

ACCBiggz
JV Team

Re: Week 6: Vinton County 3-2 @ Wellston 3-2

Post by ACCBiggz »

hsfbfan wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:00 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:43 pm VC beats Wellston. NY beats Athens. Athens beats Wellston. 4 way tie :lol:
Incorrect that scenario would make NY outright champions with 1 league loss. And a 3 way tie between Wellston, VC, and Athens all with 2 league losses.
Athens won't get the chance to beat Wellston, unless a Rocket in here has other information re: schedule. Joe Eitel shows that Wellston scheduled Meigs for after the playoffs and not Athens. 10/23 Wellston at Meigs.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

ACCBiggz wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:02 am
hsfbfan wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:00 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:43 pm VC beats Wellston. NY beats Athens. Athens beats Wellston. 4 way tie :lol:
Incorrect that scenario would make NY outright champions with 1 league loss. And a 3 way tie between Wellston, VC, and Athens all with 2 league losses.
Athens won't get the chance to beat Wellston, unless a Rocket in here has other information re: schedule. Joe Eitel shows that Wellston scheduled Meigs for after the playoffs and not Athens. 10/23 Wellston at Meigs.
If every team has to play each other for a championship to be crowned, I don’t think we will have one in 2020. Wellston/Athens, NY/Alex, RV/Athens.. I just don’t see all of these being played.

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

Two Wellston losses will not add up to win over Vinton County.

Tanksdad
Waterboy

Post by Tanksdad »

Wellston has not scheduled anyone as of yet, for they are waiting to see how the playoffs go. Joe Eitel has this information wrong, if there is an open date after the playoffs I am sure Athens/Wellston will be scheduled

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Having seen both teams, i will go with Wellston to finish unbeaten in the TVC-Ohio and end the losing streak to VC.

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

If the tree is cut in same manner as the last two games Wellston will not win. It will fall like the last two. All lumberjacks are not equal in experience and knowledge. When tree begins to twist, what do you do? I guess we will on game day.

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

This game it doesn’t really matter who is better, it usually boils down to who wants it more and has the fewest mistakes. I believe Wellston was the overwhelmingly favorite last year. Should be a great game and Vc Is behind already being on the road and they also have a strong case of the injury bug with a few key players out for a couple weeks.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

This is a match up between two coaches recently hired and who were each touted as a "proven winner." We'll see who proves they can win this game, but we're all pulling for VC for obvious reason. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

Ground Buck wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:09 am This is a match up between two coaches recently hired and who were each touted as a "proven winner." We'll see who proves they can win this game, but we're all pulling for VC for obvious reason. :mrgreen:
Both programs have definitely gotten better.

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

Ground buck👍

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

On one end, the seniors for Wellston want to be the ones to end the losing streak against VC. On the other end, the seniors for Vinton County DO NOT want to be the group that let's that streak get broken.

I think this is going to be a fantastic game

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

There has been sooo many what ifs these two teams played that I’ve lost what is actually reality or fantasy land.

Could someone post the for real standings and situations for both the TVC OH/ Hocking for last week of regular season football ??

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Its simple

Wellston will win

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

Howard Cosell wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:40 pm Its simple

Wellston will win
Nothing simple in a rivalry. Did you say that last year when Wellston was the overwhelmingly favorite and got shutout? Anything can happen in this game. Vc is behind by going there, thats for sure

TrumpTrain
Waterboy

Post by TrumpTrain »

2Time wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:16 pm Thoughts on this one?

Just a reminder BMG Media will be live streaming this one on Facebook and YouTube. We plan to add a few more things this week to add to the depth of our live stream.
First off, thank you guys for all of your efforts in filming these games and posting them on YouTube. I appreciate the opportunity in being able to watch these high school games. Keep up the good work.

One question. Is the game being filmed by the drone? I notice that it zooms in and out a lot. That is my only criticism as far as watching the game. Other than that, you guys are doing great. Thank you so much.

As far as the game itself, Wellston wins in a dog fight.

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

TrumpTrain wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:03 pm
2Time wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:16 pm Thoughts on this one?

Just a reminder BMG Media will be live streaming this one on Facebook and YouTube. We plan to add a few more things this week to add to the depth of our live stream.
First off, thank you guys for all of your efforts in filming these games and posting them on YouTube. I appreciate the opportunity in being able to watch these high school games. Keep up the good work.

One question. Is the game being filmed by the drone? I notice that it zooms in and out a lot. That is my only criticism as far as watching the game. Other than that, you guys are doing great. Thank you so much.

As far as the game itself, Wellston wins in a dog fight.
No we actually use 3 cameras in our production. The main camera is a PTZ Camera controlled by a joy stick in our trailer so that may be the one you are referring to we will make note of that. Thank you!

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

If Wellston wins and NY beats Athens, IMO Wellston is undisputed champion at 4-0.

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Game Day! Good luck Rockets 🚀! Hoping safe and injury free game.

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

Vinton wins this one but it is close throughout

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

bigblue52 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:23 am Vinton wins this one but it is close throughout
I hope you're right. That new paint on the Wall will look really nice if so. :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”