Logan vs Rock Bottom

Chief02
Varsity

Logan vs Rock Bottom

Post by Chief02 »

It’s difficult to see, but I think we may have reached rock bottom. It’s easy to say from the outside what to fix. I always hear things like “parents don’t like coaches being rough on kids” or “kids are soft”. Well, if that’s the case, all schools deal with it, not just Logan. So it can’t be that. Logan has athletes. They may not be on the field, but they have athletes. So.......
Last edited by Chief02 on Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Re: Logan vs Rock Bottom

Post by 1987chieftains »

Not sure what the answer is.... I watched the Thursday night game on the WB and I thought to myself these two teams are the worst I've ever seen. Then I started thinking..... Could Logan even beat these teams??

AT THE RESERVATION
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Logan lose a lot from last year?

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:01 pm Logan lose a lot from last year?
They lost a lot up front.

But I think coming into the year most people felt the team was pretty similar from an overall talent stand point and you were going to get more stability from a staff standpoint.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Locos is correct. I was not high on this guy and said so early on. That said, he was entitled to take his shot.

I’m also on record now in saying if it was me, I would not have him back. But it’s for others to decide how long they allow the bleeding to last.

But what I’m hearing is that many now see and agree with me this was a huge mistake. You correct mistakes rather than not.

Have gun, will travel
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Ground Buck wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:37 am
I know two things:

1. You call anyone who doesn't agree with you a troll.

2. You are a Paladin crony that will defend him to your death.

Could you offer some evidence that supports your claim? Cause I seem remember him praising the hire. :mrgreen:
I always have receipts.
Paladin wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:32 am Not real impressed. He is o.k., but the Chiefs are playing better competition. We will see, but he has nowhere to go but up after a 1-9 campaign. I’ll grade this a C+
Paladin wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:09 pm Anyone know who the other finalist were ? Frankly, this makes little sense. He has next to nothing on his resume.

I pointed out the poor selection the last hire they made, outlined his poor HC track record and the controversy he made quitting two weeks before season started and yet, they hired him knowing his questionable background. That hire, dumb as it was, appeared to be based on - former Lancaster jock, college player at Akron, assistant at successful Davidson program but a poor HC record. That’s a terrible outline.

I’d love to know the reason(s) they used to select him vs other candidates. I’ll just flat out say it - this appears to be another stretch hire. Not smart at all.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79179

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

loganlocos wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:46 pm
Ground Buck wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:45 pm Again, thanks for playing along and showing that you obviously memorize Paladin's posts. :mrgreen:
There's a search button. Anyone can use it.
Yes but you clearly had memorized what he posted. It's okay that you idolize him. We all have to have someone to look up to. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Paladin got one prediction pretty right. Quick search from the Logan New Coach thread a couple years back turns this up.

Paladin wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:32 am Not real impressed. He is o.k., but the Chiefs are playing better competition. We will see, but he has nowhere to go but up after a 1-9 campaign. I’ll grade this a C+

But man, some of his other calls and predictions didn't turn out as well.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Or it’s the fact that Locos has a mind like a steel trap and a level of intellect you could only dream of having Ground Buck. Just remember, it’s the things we will be remembered for that matter......Locos will be remembered for the excellent contributor he is. You will be remembered like a piece of toilet paper......wiped and flushed to be forgotten forever.

Snowflake
Freshman Team

Post by Snowflake »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:08 pm Paladin got one prediction pretty right. Quick search from the Logan New Coach thread a couple years back turns this up.

But man, some of his other calls and predictions didn't turn out as well.
What are you talking about? Pal correctly predicted the demise of every coach since Dale stepped down. He also said, and correctly so, that if they'd give Kelly a chance he'd get it going in the right direction, and they proved Pal right when they prematurely ran him out. In fact I can't think of one thing Paladin has been wrong about. The man knows what he's talking about so get off his back. I'll offer this; that if they want to get a qualified coach at the helm in Logan they need to get Paladin involved in the selection process.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

I said it when this coach was hired and I will say it again. Paladin is just butt hurt because he applied and couldnt even get an interview. In light of recent events I say give the job to the old geezer and lets see what he can do.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Howard Cosell wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:39 pm I said it when this coach was hired and I will say it again. Paladin is just butt hurt because he applied and couldnt even get an interview. In light of recent events I say give the job to the old geezer and lets see what he can do.
Is your rug too tight?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:46 pm
Howard Cosell wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:39 pm I said it when this coach was hired and I will say it again. Paladin is just butt hurt because he applied and couldnt even get an interview. In light of recent events I say give the job to the old geezer and lets see what he can do.
Is your rug too tight?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

chiefs20
Waterboy

Post by chiefs20 »

He hasn't even had a full off season with his players yet and people are already calling for a new coach??

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Does Eddy really have that bad of a coaching résumé? I know from the time I was in 7th grade until 9th grade, GA football was at least respectable, running his Wing T. I haven't followed him since he left GA, so I'm curious.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:01 am Does Eddy really have that bad of a coaching résumé? I know from the time I was in 7th grade until 9th grade, GA football was at least respectable, running his Wing T. I haven't followed him since he left GA, so I'm curious.
If I counted right, 24-18 at Gallia, 28-34 at Parkersburg South. At both places he started 2-8 and had his best season last.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Logan just doesnt have the horses any more like days gone by. I havent made a post about Logan in a looooooooong time bc honestly I am not around the situation at all any more.
Logan has to have a hard time getting any kid to want to come out and play a sport with basically NOTHING to play for. No league no league title and basically just coming out to prepare for a post season against teams that will dominate them any way so I am sure some think "whats the point??"
The kids that play at Logan play because they love the sport they are in and because they want to compete and be with their team mates. Its a very honorable thing to play a sport bc you truly WANT TO BE THERE not because of anything else.

BTW Logan's first 6 football opponents have a combined record of 22-7; including two teams at 5-0 and one at 4-1 and one at 3-1. The schedule isnt as dumbed down as some have made claims on imo.

Live Like A Champion!
chiefs20
Waterboy

Post by chiefs20 »

Give Eddy a few years and you'll at least see a couple playoff games. He's a great coach just give him some time. But being in a league would certainly help

512Buckeye
Waterboy

Post by 512Buckeye »

chiefs20 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:14 pm Give Eddy a few years and you'll at least see a couple playoff games. He's a great coach just give him some time. But being in a league would certainly help
Being in a league would help Logan not get blown out by Logan Elm? Get out of here.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Logan will play at Big Walnut next week.

The Delaware County school is 3-2 overall and was seeded 9th. They will play 8-seed Dublin Scioto this Friday night.

Logan was the 24th seed (of 25 teams in Region 7).

Logan and Big Walnut have never played.

Return to “Football”