Fort Frye Denied Admission into TVC

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Re: Fort Frye Denied Admission into TVC

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

Ff3233 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:53 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:34 pm
Scenic Highway wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:29 pm

@Dundas mentioned it earlier that it seems every school wants in the TVC-Ohio. Don't fix what isn't broken. The current competitive balance is great and the rivalries mean something to every school....minus RV because they are the outcast. Very similar to that weird uncle you see at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Doesn't really fit in, but is somehow apart of the family.
What a perfect analogy lol
The reasons anyone wants in the tvc is because of proximity and it also guarantees games for the football team. It definitely isn't for the competition in football, definitely to make sure we can get 10 games. Tvc is pretty weak as a whole, but it's the nearest choice we got. Would like to take Trimble, waterford and ny out of there and try and form our own conference. The rest are just blah
As much as I hate to say it, may have to throw Eastern in the mix. They did beat Waterford. Although, that’s just this year. At least Waterford has been a pretty consistent ball club here the past few years. I’m actually disappointed for FF. They deserve to be in a league, and with them being so close to Waterford, why not some part of the TVC?

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Like Ff3233 and Beast, I respect Waterford enough to put them in that group of teams. But if they were in our mythical "TVC Muskingum" with Trimble, Fort Frye, and York, they're not going to win any of those league games most years. I don't think they'd go for this idea at all.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

So we know it wouldn’t be a competitive issue the Cadets would of won the Ohio this season.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:09 am So we know it wouldn’t be a competitive issue the Cadets would of won the Ohio this season.
Don't think that was ever a question was it?

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

Maybe they need to just take all the leagues in the area and empty them, divide all the schools up based on size and travel time and reform the leagues.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Well this is what they call in the old country.....Horse Apples......Going to Fort Frye is still better than travelling to wherever these teams travel for a late season non conference game. Stupid and just plain short sighted. Last year Wellston went all the way to Hebron to play a game. Why wouldnt they prefer a trip to Beverly. the TVC needs to reconvene and beg Fort Frye to join.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Howard Cosell
All Conference

Re: Fort Frye Does not get in

Post by Howard Cosell »

meatswinger wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:46 pm
BigBoneJerome wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:34 pm Thanks to Wellston, South Gallia, River Valley and Vinton County

Everyone else said yes
The superintendent says, we don't need another road trip to Washington County. Nuff said. :mrgreen:
Maybe those four should drop out and start the Redneck Athletic Conference.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Howard Cosell wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:15 pm Well this is what they call in the old country.....Horse Apples......Going to Fort Frye is still better than travelling to wherever these teams travel for a late season non conference game. Stupid and just plain short sighted. Last year Wellston went all the way to Hebron to play a game. Why wouldnt they prefer a trip to Beverly. the TVC needs to reconvene and beg Fort Frye to join.
TVC doesn’t need to beg for anybody lol

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

NY BUCK wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:03 pm
Howard Cosell wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:15 pm Well this is what they call in the old country.....Horse Apples......Going to Fort Frye is still better than travelling to wherever these teams travel for a late season non conference game. Stupid and just plain short sighted. Last year Wellston went all the way to Hebron to play a game. Why wouldnt they prefer a trip to Beverly. the TVC needs to reconvene and beg Fort Frye to join.
TVC doesn’t need to beg for anybody lol

He was kidding.

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

Howard Cosell wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:17 pm
meatswinger wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:46 pm
BigBoneJerome wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:34 pm Thanks to Wellston, South Gallia, River Valley and Vinton County

Everyone else said yes
The superintendent says, we don't need another road trip to Washington County. Nuff said. :mrgreen:
Maybe those four should drop out and start the Redneck Athletic Conference.
Maybe FF should just join up with schools in the area that aren't in a conference and form a new one.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

I wish they would come to the TVC Hocking

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

I just think they don't want them because they are afraid they will lose to them most years in football VC
voting it down is a joke
Last edited by dilligaf on Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

dilligaf wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:51 pm I just think they don't want them in because they are afraid they will lose to them most years in football VC
voting it down is a joke
Most people from VC don’t want to be forced to make that trip in every sport so it’s really not a joke.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Dundas wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:50 am
dilligaf wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:51 pm I just think they don't want them in because they are afraid they will lose to them most years in football VC
voting it down is a joke
Most people from VC don’t want to be forced to make that trip in every sport so it’s really not a joke.
Yeah. And honestly, seeing that the TVC just lost a school (Miller) due to the fact a much better conference opportunity in travel terms existed I’m not sure how folks aren’t considering that travel times (especially travel expenditures, see: mileage) is what makes schools leave conferences.

wagner97
Freshman Team

Post by wagner97 »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:04 pm
enigmaax wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:13 am
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:00 pm I really wanted in. It’s been hell trying to schedule teams to play Fort Frye in football.
How about all the local schools soon to be without a conference:

Fort Frye
Caldwell
Shenandoah
Warren
Marietta

Maybe Barnesville?

Shenandoah is one of the main reason PVC is no more.

Jesse always looks out for his boys. He is leading them.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

From a competition standpoint Fort Frye would have been a great addition to the league. I personally would have loved to see them get in. I think this league needs some revamping

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Super trooper wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:23 pm From a competition standpoint Fort Frye would have been a great addition to the league. I personally would have loved to see them get in. I think this league needs some revamping
Yea I wish they would have gotten in. NY voted yes, just like with Jackson, Logan, Warren, Gallia and Marietta. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
on the black
Freshman Team

Post by on the black »

Fort Frye is a better fit for the TVC than River Valley or South Gallia. Idk why we ever let them in in the first place

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Gallia County, which is where RV is from, borders multiple counties of the TVC Ohio. Fort Frye does not. To say they are a better fit is crazy. They are actually a better fit in the Hocking, but that is not what the vote was for.

How about Oak Hill?? They border 2 of the TVC Ohio schools in RV and Wellston. Better fit then Fort Frye. But, Oak Hill is content where they are I guess. This is just all IMO.

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

on the black wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:18 am Fort Frye is a better fit for the TVC than River Valley or South Gallia. Idk why we ever let them in in the first place
No team is close to Fort Frye in the Ohio. FF is in bfe so it will be hard for them to find a league

Return to “Football”