2020 Minford 6 - 42 Waverly

Tiger78
Waterboy

Re: WK5 Minford - Waverly

Post by Tiger78 »

Waverly can chew-up yards on the ground too. I think it was the difference maker against burg. Minford will get gashed if they solely focus on Waverly's passing game.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Does Minford have a stream?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Correct, Waverly was very effective on the ground against Wheelersburg. The O line is very good, if you focus on the pass Waverly will hurt you with the run...

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

smurray wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:51 pm Correct, Waverly was very effective on the ground against Wheelersburg. The O line is very good, if you focus on the pass Waverly will hurt you with the run...
I agree but Waverlys run game is setup by the pass. If the pass is off, that may not be as effective. I don’t think Waverly is Set up as a team that can continuously be a power running team.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

LetsBeReal wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:48 pm Does Minford have a stream?
Yes Minford falcons football field channel on youtube

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
14U
S

Post by 14U »

The big difference against playing burg last week was the QB threw high all night for no passing game but ran the ball right at waverly. Minford can throw the ball well and if they run this could be a great game

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

14U wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:02 pm The big difference against playing burg last week was the QB threw high all night for no passing game but ran the ball right at waverly. Minford can throw the ball well and if they run this could be a great game
Can Minfords line block is my question. I watched the burg/minford game and it seemed burg was in the backfield a lot.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:50 pm

I assume it’s a free stream if it’s on YouTube correct?

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Kicker. wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:59 pm

Yes sir ive watched every minford game this year besides portsmouth west

GoBrownies3
Waterboy

Post by GoBrownies3 »

MasterOfNone wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:57 am
wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:48 am
MasterOfNone wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:15 am This could be an interesting matchup. If Waverly doesn’t come prepared they will be in for a fight.

I just hope this game gets played... Quiet whispers going around that Waverly may go remote for the next two weeks and possibly shut down extracurriculars during that time as well. I hope the rumor isn’t true, but I won’t be surprised one bit.
Man. This question has not malice intent to it but if Waverly has to cancel and for some reason can’t make up games would that be considered losses? Surely the coaches would recognize Waverly 2020 as champions.
Totally valid question. I was wondering the same thing. Idk how this would work. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that. But with both the JV and Varsity volleyball teams for Waverly having to be quarantined due to a few positive tests on the team and 4 football players who did not get to come to the game with two of those players being varsity who would have played last night. It just doesn’t look good...
More than whispers at this point, lots of upset parents and student athletes on those teams quarantined because of the inconsistency. This is not good for Waverly. Hearing another positive test on the football team yesterday.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

GoBrownies3 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:42 am
wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:48 am

Man. This question has not malice intent to it but if Waverly has to cancel and for some reason can’t make up games would that be considered losses? Surely the coaches would recognize Waverly 2020 as champions.
Totally valid question. I was wondering the same thing. Idk how this would work. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that. But with both the JV and Varsity volleyball teams for Waverly having to be quarantined due to a few positive tests on the team and 4 football players who did not get to come to the game with two of those players being varsity who would have played last night. It just doesn’t look good...
More than whispers at this point, lots of upset parents and student athletes on those teams quarantined because of the inconsistency. This is not good for Waverly. Hearing another positive test on the football team yesterday.
I haven’t heard about anything about a positive test yesterday, not saying it’s not true but I hadn’t heard that yet. I know majority of the boys that have been quarantined thus far were required to due to contact tracing, not positive tests.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

MrFirstTake wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:43 am

thank you!

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Kicker. wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:12 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:43 am

thank you!
I just posted a list of live streams and where to find them on another topic

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MasterOfNone wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:55 am
GoBrownies3 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:42 am

I haven’t heard about anything about a positive test yesterday, not saying it’s not true but I hadn’t heard that yet. I know majority of the boys that have been quarantined thus far were required to due to contact tracing, not positive tests.
Have not heard anything of players testing positive. One was quarantined for two weeks and is back, has not tested positive and one has another week of quarantine to go, has not tested positive. Other than those two I have not heard of anyone else.

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

My question is, what determines "good at stopping the pass"? Guarantee Minford hasn't seen a passing game anywhere near Waverly's. However, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a tight game. Trap Game. On Grass. How do you handle being on top? ETC.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Shoedaddy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:59 pm My question is, what determines "good at stopping the pass"? Guarantee Minford hasn't seen a passing game anywhere near Waverly's. However, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a tight game. Trap Game. On Grass. How do you handle being on top? ETC.
Minford has 2 of the best athletes in the league in Lewis and Reisner in their secondary.

Their front 7 isn't much but the secondary is good. But you are correct they haven't seen the skill level of Waverly.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:38 pm
Shoedaddy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:59 pm My question is, what determines "good at stopping the pass"? Guarantee Minford hasn't seen a passing game anywhere near Waverly's. However, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a tight game. Trap Game. On Grass. How do you handle being on top? ETC.
Minford has 2 of the best athletes in the league in Lewis and Reisner in their secondary.

Their front 7 isn't much but the secondary is good. But you are correct they haven't seen the skill level of Waverly.
If the front 7 isnt much, Shanks should have all day to find one of 5 targets not covered by Lewis or Reisner. And if the front 7 isnt much, the Tiger running game should be able to ground out yardage. Waverly with 5 excellent receivers.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I don’t see this as a “trap” game for Waverly. I mean it could be, but I think the Tigers will come out ready to show they deserve to be sitting at the top. Will I be surprised if this is a game? No, because I think Minford has just enough athletes to make the game competitive. It may take Waverly a few possessions to get settled in, but I see them pulling away at least by the third quarter by a couple scores. I look for Waverly’s DEs and O-line to play a big role in this one.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MasterOfNone wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:44 pm I don’t see this as a “trap” game for Waverly. I mean it could be, but I think the Tigers will come out ready to show they deserve to be sitting at the top. Will I be surprised if this is a game? No, because I think Minford has just enough athletes to make the game competitive. It may take Waverly a few possessions to get settled in, but I see them pulling away at least by the third quarter by a couple scores. I look for Waverly’s DEs and O-line to play a big role in this one.
Yep, Waverly’s Defense much much better than last year with Futhey & Crabtree on the ends and Brown in the middle. Stulley will be back so that is a plus. Waverly’s O-line has been absolutely amazing this year.

Tiger Dad 2021
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger Dad 2021 »

Does anyone have the live stream for Minford.

Return to “Football”