Fort Frye Denied Admission into TVC

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Fort Frye Denied Admission into TVC

Post by Orange and Brown »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:16 pm
dilligaf wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:30 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:04 pm

Yup Shenandoah tried to bully Frontier around and they said screw it will make our own league. Anyone that says different is a liar. I mean Frontier football coach and girls basketball coach also did not think they could be competitive vs Fort Frye.
Everyone is afraid of FF just the sound of it makes teams run for the hills

It’s facts big dog. Next year Fort currently has 4 openings because Shenandoah , Barnesville , Magnolia , and Nelsonville all dropped them. 3 teams remain that will play Fort every year Caldwell , Belpre and Waterford. Fort will be forced to play teams 2-3 times bigger now. Fort Frye has tried to schedule every local team recently with team after team telling them no. That’s why Fort Frye needed the TVC more then TVC needed them.
Schools that finish a contract (ie a home and home) don't "drop" another school. They finished a contract and move on.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:36 pm

It’s facts big dog. Next year Fort currently has 4 openings because Shenandoah , Barnesville , Magnolia , and Nelsonville all dropped them. 3 teams remain that will play Fort every year Caldwell , Belpre and Waterford. Fort will be forced to play teams 2-3 times bigger now. Fort Frye has tried to schedule every local team recently with team after team telling them no. That’s why Fort Frye needed the TVC more then TVC needed them.
Schools that finish a contract (ie a home and home) don't "drop" another school. They finished a contract and move on.
Particularly when that team drops 69 on them :)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:36 pm

Nelsonville didn’t drop Fort Frye. Though Fort still needs to find a replacement.

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Post by Jackson Football »

Poor decision in my opinion

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:10 pmI don’t want to hear anything about a drive when we make the bus trip from Glouster to SG. That’s miserable. Lol. Kind of a shame they didn’t let FF in. I’m sure we’d welcome them to the Hocking 🤷🏻‍♂️

At least it's a guaranteed win for Trimble in pretty much every sport in pretty much every year. Not many points though.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:33 pm
BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:10 pmI don’t want to hear anything about a drive when we make the bus trip from Glouster to SG. That’s miserable. Lol. Kind of a shame they didn’t let FF in. I’m sure we’d welcome them to the Hocking 🤷🏻‍♂️

At least it's a guaranteed win for Trimble in pretty much every sport in pretty much every year. Not many points though.
Pshew I don’t know man. FF these past few years have been tough in football. Being a Southeast Ohio team, I’d like to see them in some part of the TVC. I mean they are right there by Waterford, so I don’t see the big deal in travel, right?

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:09 pm

Pshew I don’t know man. FF these past few years have been tough in football. Being a Southeast Ohio team, I’d like to see them in some part of the TVC. I mean they are right there by Waterford, so I don’t see the big deal in travel, right?
I believe they meant south gallia was the automatic win, not ff

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

Ff3233 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:11 pm
BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:09 pm

I believe they meant south gallia was the automatic win, not ff
Ohhhh. I gotcha. Because I mentioned the travel issue. Yea, unfortunately SG is a guaranteed win. I’d like to see FF in the Hocking to mix it up a little bit. If the Ohio don’t want’em, we’ll take them. Lol.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
ShooterMcgavin
Freshman Team

Post by ShooterMcgavin »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:04 pm

Yup Shenandoah tried to bully Frontier around and they said screw it will make our own league. Anyone that says different is a liar. I mean Frontier football coach and girls basketball coach also did not think they could be competitive vs Fort Frye.

Trimble had Fort on the schedule this year before the Covid crap hit but pretty sure we’re playing next year also. I’m a Tomcat fan and I would personally like to see this game every year played

I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast
ShooterMcgavin
Freshman Team

Post by ShooterMcgavin »

I like to see Fort get added. Then that will push River Valley and South Galia to look else where for another league. Then possibly add Oak Hill

I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast
Scenic Highway
Waterboy

Post by Scenic Highway »

Jackson Football wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:27 pm Poor decision in my opinion
Why? Because charter schools do not want add significant travel to there schedule? I'm sure Jackson and every other member of the now defunct SEOAL didn't enjoy traveling an 1.5 hours when they expanded. There is a reason every school they brought in left as soon as they had the chance. Rich can't always get richer.

Also, now is not the time to look at expanding. Budgets for all athletic departments and school districts will be in the red this year.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

ShooterMcgavin wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:21 am

Trimble had Fort on the schedule this year before the Covid crap hit but pretty sure we’re playing next year also. I’m a Tomcat fan and I would personally like to see this game every year played
Me too, want to see this game every year

vikingfan?
Waterboy

Post by vikingfan? »

Scenic Highway wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:45 am
Why? Because charter schools do not want add significant travel to there schedule? I'm sure Jackson and every other member of the now defunct SEOAL didn't enjoy traveling an 1.5 hours when they expanded. There is a reason every school they brought in left as soon as they had the chance. Rich can't always get richer.

Also, now is not the time to look at expanding. Budgets for all athletic departments and school districts will be in the red this year.
They’re always in the red. High school sports lose money.

FF is a long way to go for VC and Wellston on a school night in non football sports.

Anyone who thinks VC makes decisions based on GIRLS basketball is a moron.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

FF is also not in the SE District, maybe that would help them if they petitioned over like all the other Washtington Co. schools

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:45 pm FF is also not in the SE District, maybe that would help them if they petitioned over like all the other Washtington Co. schools
That was the plan

Scenic Highway
Waterboy

Post by Scenic Highway »

vikingfan? wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:03 pm

FF is a long way to go for VC and Wellston on a school night in non football sports.

@Dundas mentioned it earlier that it seems every school wants in the TVC-Ohio. Don't fix what isn't broken. The current competitive balance is great and the rivalries mean something to every school....minus RV because they are the outcast. Very similar to that weird uncle you see at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Doesn't really fit in, but is somehow apart of the family.

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Post by Jackson Football »

Just feel like Ft Frye would be a good addition to a solid league . Athens, Nelsonville, Wellston , VC, Fort Frye , Meigs ....all solid teams. Did not mean any disrespect , leagues have a right to do what’s best .

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Did you know that the distance between McArthur and Beverly is only ten minutes longer than the distance between Nelsonville and Oak Hill? If Fort Frye is too far away for Vinton County to travel, then Oak Hill is too far away for NY to travel.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Scenic Highway wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:29 pm

@Dundas mentioned it earlier that it seems every school wants in the TVC-Ohio. Don't fix what isn't broken. The current competitive balance is great and the rivalries mean something to every school....minus RV because they are the outcast. Very similar to that weird uncle you see at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Doesn't really fit in, but is somehow apart of the family.
What a perfect analogy lol

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

NY BUCK wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:34 pm
Scenic Highway wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:29 pm

What a perfect analogy lol
The reasons anyone wants in the tvc is because of proximity and it also guarantees games for the football team. It definitely isn't for the competition in football, definitely to make sure we can get 10 games. Tvc is pretty weak as a whole, but it's the nearest choice we got. Would like to take Trimble, waterford and ny out of there and try and form our own conference. The rest are just blah

Return to “Football”