2020 TBD: Wellston @ Athens

Scenic Highway
Waterboy

Re: Week 4: Wellston @ Athens

Post by Scenic Highway »

WellstonLover wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:18 pm Honestly if I were coach Dave. I’d hang 100 on these guys for disrespecting bub and terry and not letting wellston be able to watch this game for free. What a joke they are taking money for a kids sport. Wellston is poor and we should be able to watch the game for free. Un real what Athens is doing. Sad honestly. Just like our board member said though, you’ll get it back. Trust me. Well screw you somehow.
I'm ashamed of this post on many levels. This is the reason why so many people hate Wellston. For Terry to say those words is maddening. I understand he volunteers his time for BMG Media, I truly respect that. However, as a School Board Member and a representative of the school district/town, he needs to understand that he is a spokesperson for the district.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Scenic Highway wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:20 am
WellstonLover wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:18 pm Honestly if I were coach Dave. I’d hang 100 on these guys for disrespecting bub and terry and not letting wellston be able to watch this game for free. What a joke they are taking money for a kids sport. Wellston is poor and we should be able to watch the game for free. Un real what Athens is doing. Sad honestly. Just like our board member said though, you’ll get it back. Trust me. Well screw you somehow.
I'm ashamed of this post on many levels. This is the reason why so many people hate Wellston. For Terry to say those words is maddening. I understand he volunteers his time for BMG Media, I truly respect that. However, as a School Board Member and a representative of the school district/town, he needs to understand that he is a spokesperson for the district.
what exactly did he say?

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

I don’t believe “Wellston lover” is from Wellston.
Now that Wellston is in the limelight these imposters appear to cause trouble and bash other schools. He doesn’t even know the coaches name.

Townie79
Waterboy

Post by Townie79 »

It is pretty sad when a bunch of adults are trying to ruin the game of football for these kids. Stop being so selfish and let the kids play. Each team has their own way of the games being broadcast. If Wellston was hosting the game this year then how ever they are managing broadcasting would be accepted and moved on, there would be no drama. Fact is, Athens has partnered with Nelsonville TV Cable to broadcast the games. The Edwards Family do a lot for athletes and kids in Athens County. The cost is less than it would be for a family to attend the game. It is the decision of the administration at Athens to move forward with this decision. Be respectful and stop complaining.

All these arguing adults need to grow up. Stop issuing threats to the kids trying to enjoy their season. I know the players and families are just happy that they can have a season. So, why are you all complaining and stirring up a bunch of drama to ruin it?

GROW UP!

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

I don't care where this guy is from, he hit the nail on the head with, "Trust me. Well screw you somehow." :mrgreen:

I'm pulling for an A-town win though. We need Wellston to lose a game like last year so we can win yet another league title. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Townie79
Waterboy

Post by Townie79 »

Because it is the players fault for a decision made by administration? Again, this is a childish response. Leave the kids out of it. This game is for the kids, not adults. Stop bringing drama into it.

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Townie79 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:29 pm
Because it is the players fault for a decision made by administration? Again, this is a childish response. Leave the kids out of it. This game is for the kids, not adults. Stop bringing drama into it.
Wellston was the armpit of the SEOAL and now it looks like, due to the fans, they are taking their rightful place as the armpit of the TVC.

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

What happened to Dandy Don?

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

GRFan wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:05 am I don’t believe “Wellston lover” is from Wellston.
Now that Wellston is in the limelight these imposters appear to cause trouble and bash other schools. He doesn’t even know the coaches name.
I have to disagree. His posts sound exactly like what many people from Wellston say. That's why they are the perennial armpit of every league they join.

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

Wellston Ironman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:39 pm
GRFan wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:05 am I don’t believe “Wellston lover” is from Wellston.
I have to disagree. His posts sound exactly like what many people from Wellston say. That's why they are the perennial armpit of every league they join.
That’s not true. We’ve only been in two leagues and we’ve won titles in each of them. I also know the coaches name. My phone must have auto corrected that. I can assure you I bleed blue and gold. Just be happy Jackson didn’t want to play us anymore because we would’ve smoked them this year.

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

WellstonLover wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:37 pm
That’s not true. We’ve only been in two leagues and we’ve won titles in each of them. I also know the coaches name. My phone must have auto corrected that. I can assure you I bleed blue and gold. Just be happy Jackson didn’t want to play us anymore because we would’ve smoked them this year.
😂

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

You had one school board member say something he shouldn’t have. It is not an indictment of everyone in Wellston. The people stirring this argument are not from Wellston but want to make Wellston and Athens look bad in one shot. Wellston and Athens are going to be involved in a battle. I wish both teams the best of luck. Don’t feed the trolls.

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Yes, you were/are known as the armpit of both leagues. And I agree with you that you are a true Wellston fan, no doubt about that in my opinion. Finally, in response to your last sentence the only thing you would have smoked if you played Jackson is what you smoked before you wrote that sentence. :lol:

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Wellston Ironman wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:45 am

Yes, you were/are known as the armpit of both leagues. And I agree with you that you are a true Wellston fan, no doubt about that in my opinion. Finally, in response to your last sentence the only thing you would have smoked if you played Jackson is what you smoked before you wrote that sentence. :lol:
Now that's funny!

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

Wellston wins this game! However to think you would smoke the Ironmen this year my friend stay off the meth!

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Game Day! Good luck Rockets 🚀! Safe and injury free game for both teams.

Scenic Highway
Waterboy

Post by Scenic Highway »

Bring home the victory Rockets! Control the line of scrimmage and move the chains.

Grizzly&Gatorade
Waterboy

Post by Grizzly&Gatorade »

I’m excited to read the posts from Athens fans after their loss. It’s one of my favorite things!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Grizzly&Gatorade wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:34 am I’m excited to read the posts from Athens fans after their loss. It’s one of my favorite things!
You’ll have to wait a while for their reactions because wellston just cancelled the game.

Scenic Highway
Waterboy

Post by Scenic Highway »

Dundas wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:58 pm
Grizzly&Gatorade wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:34 am I’m excited to read the posts from Athens fans after their loss. It’s one of my favorite things!
You’ll have to wait a while for their reactions because wellston just cancelled the game.
Are you sure Wellston cancelled it? Might have your sources wrong on that one...

Return to “Football”