2020 TBD: Wellston @ Athens

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Week 4: Wellston @ Athens

Post by Dundas »

2Time wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:32 pm
Scenic Highway wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:25 pm
Dundas wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:30 pm

Not sure it’s a good look for a wellston school board member to publicly threaten repercussions against Athens for not allowing them to live stream. I’d say you are on to something with the Athens live stream though. It’s not like Athens has no alternative and they are still denying wellston to stream. There will be an option. Plus wellston will have their radio there. I just didn’t know if anyone from Athens has the answer to the decision. I have no dog in the fight. Just curious.
Yes, I agree that’s it’s a terrible look for the Wellston School Board member and at least there is an option to watch the game.

I don’t want to hear the complaints from fans about not paying the $10, because they would spend more than that traveling to the game, tickets and concessions.

Every athletic department will be in the red this year because of the attendance mandates. I do not blame Athens or any school district for trying to supplement this loss of income.

Again Athens and Nelsonville TV were offered money from BMG for access to the game to live stream. The fee would of been for more than they will probably make from the piece of the $10 they are getting.
That’s interesting but does that warrant a public threat from a wellston school board member? Especially after wellston cut Alexander’s ticket allotment in half due to them putting their band in the visitor bleachers?

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

Dundas wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:51 pm
Scenic Highway wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:25 pm

Yes, I agree that’s it’s a terrible look for the Wellston School Board member and at least there is an option to watch the game.

I don’t want to hear the complaints from fans about not paying the $10, because they would spend more than that traveling to the game, tickets and concessions.

Every athletic department will be in the red this year because of the attendance mandates. I do not blame Athens or any school district for trying to supplement this loss of income.

Again Athens and Nelsonville TV were offered money from BMG for access to the game to live stream. The fee would of been for more than they will probably make from the piece of the $10 they are getting.
That’s interesting but does that warrant a public threat from a wellston school board member? Especially after wellston cut Alexander’s ticket allotment in half due to them putting their band in the visitor bleachers?
BMG Media and I are not associated with the school or their decision on allotment of tickets, that is the athletic director. The comment by the school board member that volunteers his time to help announce was his decision to say, was it the right thing to say publicly on air? No and at the end of the day I highly doubt repercussions will ever happen. On the other hand BMG Media is funded by sponsors so ALL fans for both school can enjoy the game for free. If you weren’t aware we live in a pretty poor area so $10 in this current climate can be hard to come up with not too mention older folks may have issues navigating and figuring out how to do an online PPV which is why BMG Media makes all games easily accessible through 2 applications that mostly all people including elderly know how to work.

DWall216
Waterboy

Post by DWall216 »

I have to say, I think the free Streams are great. I do not go to any games, but has been nice watch the games and not just hearing it on radio. With thay being said, what is the difference when people sit in the stands and livestream the games on facebook. I believe people have been doing this for years. BMG should maybe just look it that and not having the commentator's around. Just show the game. It is also sad that people are making a profit from these times by streaming the games. I am sure BMG media, Athens or NY television is keeping some of the profits. I think this is something the schools should have had their students do and keep all the money for themselves. Just my 2 cents

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

DWall216 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:47 pm I have to say, I think the free Streams are great. I do not go to any games, but has been nice watch the games and not just hearing it on radio. With thay being said, what is the difference when people sit in the stands and livestream the games on facebook. I believe people have been doing this for years. BMG should maybe just look it that and not having the commentator's around. Just show the game. It is also sad that people are making a profit from these times by streaming the games. I am sure BMG media, Athens or NY television is keeping some of the profits. I think this is something the schools should have had their students do and keep all the money for themselves. Just my 2 cents
I can tell you BMG Media has not made any profit and is not in place to profit from Wellston athletics. We collected sponsorship dollars to make a large donation to Wellston athletics, The rest of the money has covered costs of equipment to bring the best possible presentation of Wellston football games to our fans as well as create a unique experience for the kids who have already had a lot of things taken from them, all BMG Media wants to do is give everyone a chance to watch a game this season.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

2Time wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:20 pm

BMG Media and I are not associated with the school or their decision on allotment of tickets, that is the athletic director. The comment by the school board member that volunteers his time to help announce was his decision to say, was it the right thing to say publicly on air? No and at the end of the day I highly doubt repercussions will ever happen. On the other hand BMG Media is funded by sponsors so ALL fans for both school can enjoy the game for free. If you weren’t aware we live in a pretty poor area so $10 in this current climate can be hard to come up with not too mention older folks may have issues navigating and figuring out how to do an online PPV which is why BMG Media makes all games easily accessible through 2 applications that mostly all people including elderly know how to work.
I think it’s great that some schools are live streaming. I watched the replay of the wellston/Alex stream and the stream was pretty good. I really liked the drone. With that said though, the $10 that NTVC receives to stream the game goes back to the districts in Athens county. They aren’t making a profit either. Also, $10 to watch a game that you can’t go to is still cheaper than getting in your car, driving, paying admission and food and drink on a regular Friday night. If anything it’s cheaper for a family to pay $10 and watch at home. So that’s not a solid argument. The home team is losing money off of this game. So if they feel the need to try and recuperate it however necessary, then that is their prerogative. I’m curious though as to the $$ offer from BMG to Athens Athletics and NTVC for the ability to stream.

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

Dundas wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:30 pm

I think it’s great that some schools are live streaming. I watched the replay of the wellston/Alex stream and the stream was pretty good. I really liked the drone. With that said though, the $10 that NTVC receives to stream the game goes back to the districts in Athens county. They aren’t making a profit either. Also, $10 to watch a game that you can’t go to is still cheaper than getting in your car, driving, paying admission and food and drink on a regular Friday night. If anything it’s cheaper for a family to pay $10 and watch at home. So that’s not a solid argument. The home team is losing money off of this game. So if they feel the need to try and recuperate it however necessary, then that is their prerogative. I’m curious though as to the $$ offer from BMG to Athens Athletics and NTVC for the ability to stream.
NYTV is indeed profiting it may not be much but they are, it literally says on their site “a portion goes to the home school”. I’ll take my money stance off the table, I’ll give you that one. The money offer was a substantial amount that I will not mention publicly if you’d like to direct message me I’ll gladly discuss details.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:36 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:30 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:18 pm Could this be a look ahead game for the Rockets?
Zero chance. League titles are very important in these old leagues. Win or lose.....they aren’t looking past a familiar fit for a team they hardly know anything about.
I was obviously joking.
That’s fine...but nothing about it was obvious

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

2Time wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:36 pm
Dundas wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:30 pm

NYTV is indeed profiting it may not be much but they are, it literally says on their site “a portion goes to the home school”. I’ll take my money stance off the table, I’ll give you that one. The money offer was a substantial amount that I will not mention publicly if you’d like to direct message me I’ll gladly discuss details.
I’m sure they’re using some money for production costs just the same as bmg. At least I would hope so. The Edwards give a tremendous amount of time and money to all of the local schools every year. I don’t see them making money off of a pandemic. I messaged you 2Time.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:42 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:36 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:30 pm

Zero chance. League titles are very important in these old leagues. Win or lose.....they aren’t looking past a familiar fit for a team they hardly know anything about.
I was obviously joking.
That’s fine...but nothing about it was obvious
That’s what I was thinking.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Athens hasn't woke up yet.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

If Wellston has a slow start like they had against Alexander in the first half they will not get the win. The defense has shown well,but Wellston will need to get points on the board early. Athens WIll make adjustments through out the game. Hope Wellston has prepared for this game, Unlike last year. Stand clear of the launch pad. Go Rockets.

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

noreply66 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:19 pm Athens hasn't woke up yet.
Are Amanda and Warren woke?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I know Jackson is awake :lol:

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Wellston continues to setup the showdown with fort frye !

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Grizzly&Gatorade
Waterboy

Post by Grizzly&Gatorade »

I love reading threads about Athens and can’t wait to collect their tears after the whooping Wellston lays on ‘em!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Grizzly&Gatorade wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:02 pm I love reading threads about Athens and can’t wait to collect their tears after the whooping Wellston lays on ‘em!
Quit stealing River Valley and Point Pleasant players and steal Wellston players again. Wellston is getting good

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Hopefully my Bulldogs come out firing. We struggled last week in the first half

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Athens has the talent to win this game. They just need to play mistake free football. Wellston with the edge but Athens should make a game of it.

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

I’m honestly surprised there is even a thread about this game. Because there’s not going to be a game. It’s taken 12 years but Athens has finally gone back to where they were when they were seoal trash and we are back on top. Won’t be close. Wellston by 90.

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

Honestly if I were coach Dave. I’d hang 100 on these guys for disrespecting bub and terry and not letting wellston be able to watch this game for free. What a joke they are taking money for a kids sport. Wellston is poor and we should be able to watch the game for free. Un real what Athens is doing. Sad honestly. Just like our board member said though, you’ll get it back. Trust me. Well screw you somehow.

Return to “Football”