2020 Vinton County 20 - 28 Meigs

BlizzardMan
S

Re: Week 1 - Meigs @ Vinton County

Post by BlizzardMan »

Flexworth wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:34 am
GH0$T wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:08 pm Why does Vinton Co. call a timeout on a 4th and 15, on the 50 yard line with less than 2 minutes left in the game??
Let the clock run down and punt it so Meigs has to start the final drive inside their own 30 yard line (or ANYWHERE inside VC territory)🤦‍♂️ VC fans can only hope this serves as a learning experience for the remainder of the season
You joined Preps tonight after the game to solely talk about the coaching decisions? Wow, support the kids snd team man. We don’t know what was going on. Quit being an arm chair QB
So. Sounds like a poor decision. He has a right to comment on that. But if its a one time thing, you can say it was a lapse of judgment. If these types of decisions continue, he's not putting his team in the best positions to win.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

BlizzardMan wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:46 am
GH0$T wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:08 pm Why does Vinton Co. call a timeout on a 4th and 15, on the 50 yard line with less than 2 minutes left in the game??
Let the clock run down and punt it so Meigs has to start the final drive inside their own 30 yard line (or ANYWHERE inside VC territory)🤦‍♂️ VC fans can only hope this serves as a learning experience for the remainder of the season
You joined Preps tonight after the game to solely talk about the coaching decisions? Wow, support the kids snd team man. We don’t know what was going on. Quit being an arm chair QB
So. Sounds like a poor decision. He has a right to comment on that. But if its a one time thing, you can say it was a lapse of judgment. If these types of decisions continue, he's not putting his team in the best positions to win.
Anyone involved in coaching knows there are calculated risks you must take. This wasn’t one of them. I knew a coach at RV that really struggled with having to start an O linemen who was really built like the Michelin Man. That decision had mixed results too.

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

No one has mentioned the time left on the clock, or any other situation. Vc will be fine and bounce back. Good team and well coached. Meigs has a good team with a really good QB.

GH0$T
Waterboy

Post by GH0$T »

I did.. I did so to voice my opinion just like everybody else in here, including yourself.. Since a vast majority of people were not/will not be at the games l wanted to inform people and see their thoughts. It has nothing to do with supporting the kids and/or coaching staff. I’d NEVER disrespect or run down kids in a public forum, nor did l say anything bad about the coaches. I think it’s pretty obvious that was poor decision making (on the coaches behalf) and the result shows that. Coach Bethel and staff did a good job last year and have got the kids to buy in to the program so l hope this was a learning experience and they learn from it in the future. Here’s to a healthy, exciting season for all the young athletes participating

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

GH0$T wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:14 pm
I did.. I did so to voice my opinion just like everybody else in here, including yourself.. Since a vast majority of people were not/will not be at the games l wanted to inform people and see their thoughts. It has nothing to do with supporting the kids and/or coaching staff. I’d NEVER disrespect or run down kids in a public forum, nor did l say anything bad about the coaches. I think it’s pretty obvious that was poor decision making (on the coaches behalf) and the result shows that. Coach Bethel and staff did a good job last year and have got the kids to buy in to the program so l hope this was a learning experience and they learn from it in the future. Here’s to a healthy, exciting season for all the young athletes participating
One of many opinions.

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

Flexworth wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:31 pm
GH0$T wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:14 pm

One of many opinions.
Im glad your here to inform us all on the mistakes that occurred RS. Are you one of the ones that Used to complain at every school board meeting years back. Stupid question. Please keep us all updated on everything from your recliner

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Flexworth wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:42 pm

No one has mentioned the time left on the clock, or any other situation. Vc will be fine and bounce back. Good team and well coached. Meigs has a good team with a really good QB.
it was around a minute left with a 4th and 18 with the ball around midfield

Tomcat Pride
Waterboy

Post by Tomcat Pride »

4th and 18? Not even the gambler has a good play call for that situation

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Baldeagle wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:31 pm

Anyone involved in coaching knows there are calculated risks you must take. This wasn’t one of them. I knew a coach at RV that really struggled with having to start an O linemen who was really built like the Michelin Man. That decision had mixed results too.
Going back to that well again huh?

Hannibal Lector
Waterboy

Re: 2020 Vinton County 20 - 28 Meigs

Post by Hannibal Lector »

If Meigs goes undefeated in league play, it wouldn’t surprise me if Coulter Cleland wins TVC POY.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Hannibal Lector wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:22 am If Meigs goes undefeated in league play, it wouldn’t surprise me if Coulter Cleland wins TVC POY.
You have his stats?

Hannibal Lector
Waterboy

Post by Hannibal Lector »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:30 pm
Hannibal Lector wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:22 am If Meigs goes undefeated in league play, it wouldn’t surprise me if Coulter Cleland wins TVC POY.
You have his stats?
I know week 1 he went 17-27 for 264 yards and 3 TDs. And last night he broke Meigs single game passing record with 391 yards, but I’m not sure about completion % or how many TDs he recorded.

Return to “Football”