2020 Piketon 38 - 44 Unioto

onwardpiketon
Waterboy

Re: Wk 1 Unioto v Piketon

Post by onwardpiketon »

Rattlesnake19 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:15 am Piketon didn't look that good against McClain in the scrimmage. I think this game will be closer then people think. McClain is greatly improved but I would have thought Piketon would have had there way with them. It was the complete opposite.
Complete opposite? Piketon scores 4 offensive Tds........ McClain scores on the only bad decision by Gullion thrown right to the corner for pick 6. McClain also scores on a botched play where Piketon dend was standing next to the qb as hes throws a td, couldn't hit qb in scrimmage, refs never blow the play dead. McClain scores one legit td offensively. Not really complete opposite.......

onwardpiketon
Waterboy

Post by onwardpiketon »

Bumpy wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:47 pm
Rattlesnake19 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:15 am Piketon didn't look that good against McClain in the scrimmage. I think this game will be closer then people think. McClain is greatly improved but I would have thought Piketon would have had there way with them. It was the complete opposite.

Gullion be sandbagging, Piketon is superior to GF. Must have went pure vanilla and played a lot of 2nd stringers.
This ;) see above quote.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

onwardpiketon wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:33 am
Complete opposite? Piketon scores 4 offensive Tds........ McClain scores on the only bad decision by Gullion thrown right to the corner for pick 6. McClain also scores on a botched play where Piketon dend was standing next to the qb as hes throws a td, couldn't hit qb in scrimmage, refs never blow the play dead. McClain scores one legit td offensively. Not really complete opposite.......
I wouldn’t be too concerned about how they looked. Looked fine to me. Everyone is gonna be rusty regardless of the competition. The players have had no preseason whatsoever

onwardpiketon
Waterboy

Post by onwardpiketon »

mlittle wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:47 am
I wouldn’t be too concerned about how they looked. Looked fine to me. Everyone is gonna be rusty regardless of the competition. The players have had no preseason whatsoever
Agreed, Unioto looked good in their scrimmage also. Ready for football! Let's hope for minimal rain, and lots of excitement!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

onwardpiketon wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:47 am
mlittle wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:47 am

Agreed, Unioto looked good in their scrimmage also. Ready for football! Let's hope for minimal rain, and lots of excitement!
Just want to see a fun game. Hate that there will be no crowd for games like these. Win or lose I’m just happy to see them play

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

UHS 39
PHS 35
Not sure about the biggest upset in school history

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Heck of a game

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Thanks Taylor . You did a great job man

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Well, that was a brutal loss. Unioto scores on a 46 yard pass on the final play to win 44-38. I will give props to Little, who played lights out. Gullion was equally as good, but in the end, the Shermans made one more play.

Well, on to next week for the Streaks.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

mikepike wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:42 pm Well, that was a brutal loss. Unioto scores on a 46 yard pass on the final play to win 44-38. I will give props to Little, who played lights out. Gullion was equally as good, but in the end, the Shermans made one more play.

Well, on to next week for the Streaks.
Levi is special. He’s better than I thought. He’s gonna be scary the next 2 years

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

Piketon played with grit. Well done

Xtoxxviii
All State

Re: Wk 1 Unioto 44 v Piketon 38

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Tanks Wins!
I bet the Massieville Mud Slides were flowing at the Frenchtowne Country Club last night.

RShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RShifko »

Levi and Ike were both impressive. Levi with over 400 yards 300 passing and 100 rushing. Ike with 180 rushing and 180 passing. This game was a big time match up. Still struggling to understand what Piketon was thinking 38-38. Last play of the game Piketon lines up one high safety look. Cover 3 and let Unioto WR run right pass them this Little steps up into the pocket and drops a dime to Fox who got an inside release and flashed open deep.
Unioto kicking game was definitely a difference in the game.
Great win for the Tanks

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Great game and surprisingly good atmosphere too.

The crowd was much smaller than it would’ve normally been, but both sides were loud and into the game.

The QB’s were great, defenses not so much, but I think that had a lot to do with the circumstances and offenses. Unioto’s D got their one big stop though.

Lucas Hanes is absolutely a difference maker for Unioto. An extremely high upside for the freshman kicker.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I also heard Jason Taylor did an awesome job on the Facebook live. Many people texted me after the game and said he should be doing their radio play by play. Props to him for making the game enjoyable for people who couldn’t attend

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

I enjoyed doing it, except for the last 8 seconds!

Return to “Football”