Are schools charging for live streams?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Are schools charging for live streams?

Post by EasternDspy »

I’m not sure if Shenandoah is charging 20 per game or 20 for all home games.
Attachments
B322C151-D40E-459C-B573-D0D8BEA60C95.jpeg

mglight88
SE

Re: Are schools charging for live streams?

Post by mglight88 »

Minford is live streaming this year, had our volleyball scrimmage onlne toight. No audio, but court and scoreboard visible. Belive its sponsor paid.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:12 pm I’m not sure if Shenandoah is charging 20 per game or 20 for all home games.
I read that as $20 for the game, have to think it would be worded much differently if it was season.

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

The Oak Hill superintendent posted on the school district website that all home games will be live-streamed on the school district Facebook page or You Tube channel for free.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Home team will have streaming rights at all games. Some schools will allow the away team to stream. Fort Frye will have all its home games streamed on Twitch. Apexgamingesports

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

greygoose wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:28 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:12 pm I’m not sure if Shenandoah is charging 20 per game or 20 for all home games.
I read that as $20 for the game, have to think it would be worded much differently if it was season.
Seems high but the entire family can watch. Jedd Stephens is announcing so that’s a huge plus.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:34 pm
greygoose wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:28 pm
Seems high but the entire family can watch. Jedd Stephens is announcing so that’s a huge plus.
Yeah it does, because if I remember correctly I watched the Ironton state semifinal game online on OHSAA for $10 or something like that.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

For twenty bucks a game, it sure better be pretty darned professional looking and have great sound. I'm hoping that Ironton will use The Voice Of The Tigers to call it live on the radio and streaming

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
topcrickets
Waterboy

Post by topcrickets »

Last edited by topcrickets on Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Mytown TV will be broadcasting Irontons home games again this year.

Toz15
Waterboy

Post by Toz15 »

Surprised that since we've overcome Covid to attempt a HS season, some on the site haven't moved over to crying that Live Streaming will be done in 5G thus exposing us all to mind-melding brain cancer....

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

kantucky wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:19 am For twenty bucks a game, it sure better be pretty darned professional looking and have great sound. I'm hoping that Ironton will use The Voice Of The Tigers to call it live on the radio and streaming

I believe the traditionally successful programs will find a way to work with the contagion restrictions and be able to produce and monetize a live stream production that will be somewhat professionally done. Yet I am afraid many schools will be reduced to a parent doing games on face book live from their cell phone. Also wonder if the contagion restrictions will prevent radio broadcasting of games?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “Football”