Week 1: Ironton at Burg

eagles73Taylor
SE

Re: Week 1: Ironton at Burg

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Why do you guys keep arguing with these posters? My father once said, son don’t get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person. First they will drag you down to their level, and then bet you with experience!

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

wobycat wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:28 pm
Prime Time wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:27 pm It’s called having the interest of all in mind ,not a certain group. This is a world wide spread and medical experts has the best interest of all . God luck to everyone.
So there depression and mental health isn’t important?

I don’t understand

Probably easier to get over not playing football than it would be if a teammate dies or they take it back to their family and it kills their parents.....

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Izladoom wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:38 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:28 pm
Prime Time wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:27 pm It’s called having the interest of all in mind ,not a certain group. This is a world wide spread and medical experts has the best interest of all . God luck to everyone.
So there depression and mental health isn’t important?

I don’t understand

Probably easier to get over not playing football than it would be if a teammate dies or they take it back to their family and it kills their parents.....
No one wants to see anyone die. This virus isn’t going away. We either go on with life or we don’t. People pass away tragically. You can’t prevent it. Nor can you accurately say that football will cause a mass spread of Covid, especially since we’ve been practicing for the last two months. Life is a risk. People should know that when you get behind the wheel to drive that you could die. But you try to take precautions like wear your seat belt , drive safe but that doesn’t guarantee you that it won’t happen. We are going to have to do the same thing with this. Take precautions but in the end, we have to continue to move on. Student athletes need this. Find a way.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:52 pm Why do you guys keep arguing with these posters? My father once said, son don’t get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person. First they will drag you down to their level, and then bet you with experience!
It’s worth the fight. Kids need this. They will find a way to social interact no matter what. I witnessed it last night. At least we can help take precautions with sports activities.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Tell that to the MAC conference, Pioneer League.Div 2 and 3 Football , to the school districts thru out the nation and Ohio that has cancelled fall sports and in house teaching. All these schools Found A Way to keep the health of everyone involved safe. Everyone slowly kicking the can along and in the end , the hope is everyone comes out alive until a vaccine comes out that is effective for everyone.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:13 am Tell that to the MAC conference, Pioneer League.Div 2 and 3 Football , to the school districts thru out the nation and Ohio that has cancelled fall sports and in house teaching. All these schools Found A Way to keep the health of everyone involved safe. Everyone slowly kicking the can along and in the end , the hope is everyone comes out alive until a vaccine comes out that is effective for everyone.
If you listen to the experts they are hoping for about a 70% effective rate but said a more realistic number is around 50%. So if your waiting for 100% you will be waiting awhile. A lot of the schools you mentioned cancelled for financial reasons just as much as for the health reasons

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

fbnut wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:57 am
Prime Time wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:13 am Tell that to the MAC conference, Pioneer League.Div 2 and 3 Football , to the school districts thru out the nation and Ohio that has cancelled fall sports and in house teaching. All these schools Found A Way to keep the health of everyone involved safe. Everyone slowly kicking the can along and in the end , the hope is everyone comes out alive until a vaccine comes out that is effective for everyone.
If you listen to the experts they are hoping for about a 70% effective rate but said a more realistic number is around 50%. So if your waiting for 100% you will be waiting awhile. A lot of the schools you mentioned cancelled for financial reasons just as much as for the health reasons
It was all for financial reasons. If those mac schools were still scheduled with power schools, we wouldn’t be talking about this. But you’re not going to convince prime time. He’s set in his ways.

Toz15
Waterboy

Post by Toz15 »

CDC data shows the average vaccine success rate is 42%... so 50% would be a stretch since its never happened within historic data. So with the fact, according to the CDC, 60% of the population never gets a vaccine and of those who do, less than 1/2 are effective.... That's puts the potential infected rate as high as 80+ percent. Which I've said all along. Figure 80-90% of the population is infected and move on from there.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Toz15 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:55 am
CDC data shows the average vaccine success rate is 42%... so 50% would be a stretch since its never happened within historic data. So with the fact, according to the CDC, 60% of the population never gets a vaccine and of those who do, less than 1/2 are effective.... That's puts the potential infected rate as high as 80+ percent. Which I've said all along. Figure 80-90% of the population is infected and move on from there.
Some are effective. Mumps, measles, chicken pox are all between 88-98% effective from the data I found

Toz15
Waterboy

Post by Toz15 »

fbnut wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:07 am

Some are effective. Mumps, measles, chicken pox are all between 88-98% effective from the data I found
My bad. I thought you were talking about a vaccine for what we're dealing with now. So I gave data only on flu vaccine studies.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Toz15 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:17 am

My bad. I thought you were talking about a vaccine for what we're dealing with now. So I gave data only on flu vaccine studies.
I was I’m sorry. My # about the Covid Vaccine came from comments Dr Fauci made. I didn’t research CDC numbers.

Toz15
Waterboy

Post by Toz15 »

fbnut wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:20 am
Toz15 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:17 am
I was I’m sorry. My # about the Covid Vaccine came from comments Dr Fauci made. I didn’t research CDC numbers.
Haha no problem.

Btw, not surprised Fauci would inflate the number.... seems to be inflated numbers is his mantra IMO. :)

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Those conferences/divisions cancelled because lack of money, and can do so under the guise of player safety. They’ll come out ahead financially by not playing.

Now, if Power 5 conferences don’t play, I’ll believe it will be due to player safety because they stand to lose money (and lots of it) by not playing.*

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

I’ve never seen someone say so much, but so little at the same time. My brother just went on a visit to a D2 school and the coach flat out told them that they can’t play because they can’t afford to test every player each week. The only ones who can afford it are the Power 5 schools. So yeah, it’s about money.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

beg003 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:34 pm
I’ve never seen someone say so much, but so little at the same time. My brother just went on a visit to a D2 school and the coach flat out told them that they can’t play because they can’t afford to test every player each week. The only ones who can afford it are the Power 5 schools. So yeah, it’s about money.
Then surcharge the players’ tuition if it’s about money so they can pay for their tests.

For the D2 and D3’s, it’s not about money. It’s about health and the fact there’s not enough tests to go around to make it viable at the lower college level.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

The Gliac is going forward with just league football schedule, which I believe is 9 games. DII

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:08 pm
beg003 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:34 pm
Then surcharge the players’ tuition if it’s about money so they can pay for their tests.

For the D2 and D3’s, it’s not about money. It’s about health and the fact there’s not enough tests to go around to make it viable at the lower college level.
Probably illegal to surcharge tuition. This is about money. Most Players want to play. But they aren’t being told the truth.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

By the way, how did we get off of ironton vs burg. This will probably only happen in playoffs.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:25 pm By the way, how did we get off of ironton vs burg. This will probably only happen in playoffs.
I’m guessing first what 3-4-5 rounds higher seed gets to play at home?

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Ironton fighting Tigers vs the Burg tomcats.Coming soon to a streaming device near you. :roll: :roll:

Return to “Football”