Week 1: Ironton at Burg

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Week 1: Ironton at Burg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

This is gonna be a interesting season

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

See you in the playoffs

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

This is not gonna seem right not playing ironton first game of the season. When was the last time to two teams haven’t played in the regular season

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Would like to see Wheelersburg stuck to playing like the first 6 games of the year and keeping Ironton rather than going to just playing a league schedule.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

bleed_blue wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:07 am Would like to see Wheelersburg stuck to playing like the first 6 games of the year and keeping Ironton rather than going to just playing a league schedule.
I think ironton might be the one that has problems with this game because of the number of teams in their conference.
My guess is conferences will want to crown a champion which would be difficult to do if everyone isn’t playing each other

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I read a post about just doing conference and flipping schedules bottom to the top since it’s usually all conference. Actually seems like a good idea and the easiest solution. That would put Portsmouth vs ironton week 1 and burg vs west.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:30 am I read a post about just doing conference and flipping schedules bottom to the top since it’s usually all conference. Actually seems like a good idea and the easiest solution. That would put Portsmouth vs ironton week 1 and burg vs west.
I could see that

Beergogglebluez
SE

fbnut wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:35 am
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:30 am I read a post about just doing conference and flipping schedules bottom to the top since it’s usually all conference. Actually seems like a good idea and the easiest solution. That would put Portsmouth vs ironton week 1 and burg vs west.
I could see that
After reading and thinking about it seems like easiest approach if it’s limited to 6 games but stuff changes every 37 seconds except a plan in stone.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Division 1 Mac just called off sports. Possible huge hit to Ohio since a lot of those colleges are in the state. You are going to cancel college and not high school. I’m a bit worried now

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:46 pm Division 1 Mac just called off sports. Possible huge hit to Ohio since a lot of those colleges are in the state. You are going to cancel college and not high school. I’m a bit worried now
They canceled because of money. Can’t play with no fans In stands.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:08 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:46 pm Division 1 Mac just called off sports. Possible huge hit to Ohio since a lot of those colleges are in the state. You are going to cancel college and not high school. I’m a bit worried now
Same reason UConn cancelled. Just couldn’t afford it. Most Mac schools get big money for going to the Ohio states , Michigan’s and other power 5 schools to play.

Beergogglebluez
SE

fbnut wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:39 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:08 pm
Same reason UConn cancelled. Just couldn’t afford it. Most Mac schools get big money for going to the Ohio states , Michigan’s and other power 5 schools to play.
Good point. A lot of schools are going to take a major hit in cash flow. Some schools worse than others.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

You all can hope all you want there will be no high school football season this year. Governor hasn’t even approved the 6 game proposal from OHSAA.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TigerMania wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:00 pm You all can hope all you want there will be no high school football season this year. Governor hasn’t even approved the 6 game proposal from OHSAA.
:roll: The student athletes appreciate your comments.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

That’s what I’ve said, all that was done was reduce 10 to 6. Nothing to do with spread of virus, it’s still there

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:47 pm That’s what I’ve said, all that was done was reduce 10 to 6. Nothing to do with spread of virus, it’s still there
The kids who love to play appreciate your comments. :roll:

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

The health and well being of all has to be considered under these circumstances.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:40 pm The health and well being of all has to be considered under these circumstances.
Exactly so start thinking about the mental and physical health of the students.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

It’s called having the interest of all in mind ,not a certain group. This is a world wide spread and medical experts has the best interest of all . God luck to everyone.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:27 pm It’s called having the interest of all in mind ,not a certain group. This is a world wide spread and medical experts has the best interest of all . God luck to everyone.
So there depression and mental health isn’t important?

I don’t understand

Return to “Football”