Week 1: Ironton at Burg

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: Week 1: Ironton at Burg

Post by 4thgoal »

Hearing Ironton cross country had a positive case. Does this shut down all fall sports again?

Tristate all stars
Waterboy

Post by Tristate all stars »

4thgoal wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:38 pm Hearing Ironton cross country had a positive case. Does this shut down all fall sports again?
Also heard someone associated with the band had been in contact with a positive person. But the last case they had didn’t shut down football so I’m sure this one won’t either

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Tristate all stars wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:57 pm
4thgoal wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:38 pm Hearing Ironton cross country had a positive case. Does this shut down all fall sports again?
Also heard someone associated with the band had been in contact with a positive person. But the last case they had didn’t shut down football so I’m sure this one won’t either
I heard Football was good to go.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:59 pm
fbnut wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:19 am
Jack Sparrow wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:10 am

Heard there were more. Haven’t seen any sign of it yet, so just rumor
pretty official now I guess
2 more
Hearing another for sure and possibly up to three more. The one would be gigantic
For burg or ironton and where are they all from

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I seen on twitter the entire minford football team is on quarantine after a positive test. They are gonna send the kids back to school and let them play sports. One positive and the whole school will have it

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

It's a little quiet in here. Thought there would be a little more chatter with it being the first week of practice and all....

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Got to get that green light. Interesting game as both will probably not have enough sample to see who’s going to work where and why. Ironton is gonna have their hands full on this one. Still the favorite but this will be a great game.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

wobycat wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:58 pm Got to get that green light. Interesting game as both will probably not have enough sample to see who’s going to work where and why. Ironton is gonna have their hands full on this one. Still the favorite but this will be a great game.
Would love to see the Gregg kid pan out well and be able to utilize Miller at slot/WR and also on the defensive side of the ball. Miller may not see much time defensively if he gets the QB job. This will be an interesting couple weeks.

The soph. QB has some size (6'2 220) and his time will come but I believe he only sees time on defense this year.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:20 pmThe soph. QB has some size (6'2 220) and his time will come but I believe he only sees time on defense this year.
It may end up that way, but he is very quick for his size and could be a great TE.....If he could get the ball in space, he would be a threat for sure

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

4thgoal wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:34 pm
spider2Ybanana wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:20 pmThe soph. QB has some size (6'2 220) and his time will come but I believe he only sees time on defense this year.
It may end up that way, but he is very quick for his size and could be a great TE.....If he could get the ball in space, he would be a threat for sure
You're right, he is a good athlete. They return the TE from last year so may be hard to get on the field there too, but I don't doubt that they will find a place for him if earns the spot.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:15 pm
Jack Sparrow wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:59 pm
fbnut wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:19 am

pretty official now I guess
2 more
Hearing another for sure and possibly up to three more. The one would be gigantic
For burg or ironton and where are they all from
For burg. From Atown in Ky

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:54 pm Does IHS have any soccer players from ISJ trying out for kicker ?
I stand corrected, although Howell is doing good, Mahlmeister is the one that’s kicking the pigskin off the ball. I heard he’s nailing them from 45 with no problem. He’s had lessons from a couple former Ohio State Kickers, one being Drew Basil who played at Chillicothe.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:45 am
TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:54 pm Does IHS have any soccer players from ISJ trying out for kicker ?
I stand corrected, although Howell is doing good, Mahlmeister is the one that’s kicking the pigskin off the ball. I heard he’s nailing them from 45 with no problem. He’s had lessons from a couple former Ohio State Kickers, one being Drew Basil who played at Chillicothe.
He played a lot of youth soccer in burgs soccer league. Has a strong leg. Good to see him using that leg elsewhere.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Has anyone been up to Burgs practice or heard anything about the new QB getting any reps so far? I would imagine it would take a week or so to implement a small package of plays for him to get started, and maybe get more reps next week before the first Orange and Black scrimmage.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I’m guessing this game is off now. Ironton will play their league games.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say nothing on schedules will be decided until we see if Dewine approves football. Once that happens, then the conferences will decide how to proceed. Remember most conferences will have schools opt out too. I think yhere will still be a chance thus one is played.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

This was just posted on channel 10 news. Does this mean that burg - ironton won’t happen and the teams will strictly play a conference schedule

https://www.10tv.com/mobile/article/spo ... 947fe6727f

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:46 pm This was just posted on channel 10 news. Does this mean that burg - ironton won’t happen and the teams will strictly play a conference schedule

Probably not. Burg can but Ironton has 7 conference games.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:50 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:46 pm This was just posted on channel 10 news. Does this mean that burg - ironton won’t happen and the teams will strictly play a conference schedule

Probably not. Burg can but Ironton has 7 conference games.
Guessing Jackson will be burgs 6th game

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I don’t see this game happening with today’s news. Burg has the SOC and ironton has OVC. My guess is 6 conference games. And coaches vote on seedings since no points count this year. Region 19 is going to be fun.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005

Return to “Football”