Suspended Summer Workouts for Fall Sports

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Re: Suspended Summer Workouts for Fall Sports

Post by Wings Teaford »

4thgoal wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:01 pm
Almost Champions wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:41 pm I think the quick fix is to cancel fall sports in these level 3 counties. It’s too late for them but maybe the rest of us can still get it together.
It’s not too late for anyone. Those levels are on a 14 day rolling average and any county can go in/out in a few days if the trends change.
The problem is the local health departments don't want us to have football, or anything really. They don't advertise it but they really want us all locked down again. The Gov does too, but he doesn't want to get the blame so he keeps throwing out those little threats that if we want to have a season we have to do this and that. It's all a farce. I have refused to wear a mask and I'm so massive that no one has tried to challenge me. I haven't changed my life nary an iota and I ain't got it yet. It's all made up is what I think. Not nearly as bad as they make it out to be. Let's Tee it up and play ball is what I say. The strong will survive.

Run the FB Belly and cram it up ther poop shoot!
4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

It is my understanding that Portsmouth West and Ironton are now added to the list.

Trevorstephens22
JV Team

Post by Trevorstephens22 »

Athens has been clear to resume summer conditioning leading into the August 1 start date. They were shut down for the last two weeks after a positive test.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Fairfield County health department has recommended that there be no sports or band in the county this fall

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I believe all previously "paused" football workouts have resumed, but it sounds like Minford is the next to fall into this stoppage.

What are others thoughts on a 2 week shutdown for an entire team because of a positive case? Should it just be the individual or the entire team?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

4thgoal wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:41 am I believe all previously "paused" football workouts have resumed, but it sounds like Minford is the next to fall into this stoppage.

What are others thoughts on a 2 week shutdown for an entire team because of a positive case? Should it just be the individual or the entire team?
So Minford will have like 12 days to prepare for its first game? If schools shut the whole team down for 2 weeks every time a single player tests positive, there's not going to be a season.*

Toz15
Waterboy

Post by Toz15 »

4thgoal wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:41 am I believe all previously "paused" football workouts have resumed, but it sounds like Minford is the next to fall into this stoppage.

The quest for 0% positive tests is laughable. Its unattainable. That being said, if a player does test positive, I guess you shut them down. As far as the rest of the team, if any player wants to self-quarantine because of proximity, so be it. If others want to carry on, let them.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

art_vandelay wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:05 am

So Minford will have like 12 days to prepare for its first game? If schools shut the whole team down for 2 weeks every time a single player tests positive, there's not going to be a season.*
What was reported on twitter says they can resume on the 17th, which gives them 11 days to their first scheduled game

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

4thgoal wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:32 am
art_vandelay wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:05 am

What was reported on twitter says they can resume on the 17th, which gives them 11 days to their first scheduled game
This rule and the testing has to go away, or we are kidding ourselves if we have a season

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

It’s very possible if they are allowed to play that schools will have hard time of finding a crew to ref games also. Ifa crew is decimated by either the virus, or the older age group of refs not risking there lives for a football game, much less the pay vs getting the virus. This will come into play also and who is responsible for making sure refs are safe and tested also. Gov. DEWine will have to include these guys with the students, teachers, bands, cheerleaders, Chain gangs along sidelines, the concession people, bathrooms, administrators, radio, press box crews scouts , janitors. On the college scene Connecticut dropped fall football., 11 high school districts in the US has went to virtual school for upcoming school year. Cincinnati public schools is going virtual this year. Div 2 football teams has cancelled fall sports. How will these older men be kept in a safe environment to ref games, let alone social distance on field from players, coach’s , walking around field etc. will all teams every week be able to come up with a crew or wait till Fridays to see if they have one.

Sballbball24/7
Riding the Bench

Post by Sballbball24/7 »

Prime Time wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:00 pm It’s very possible if they are allowed to play that schools will have hard time of finding a crew to ref games also. Ifa crew is decimated by either the virus, or the older age group of refs not risking there lives for a football game, much less the pay vs getting the virus. This will come into play also and who is responsible for making sure refs are safe and tested also. Gov. DEWine will have to include these guys with the students, teachers, bands, cheerleaders, Chain gangs along sidelines, the concession people, bathrooms, administrators, radio, press box crews scouts , janitors. On the college scene Connecticut dropped fall football., 11 high school districts in the US has went to virtual school for upcoming school year. Cincinnati public schools is going virtual this year. Div 2 football teams has cancelled fall sports. How will these older men be kept in a safe environment to ref games, let alone social distance on field from players, coach’s , walking around field etc. will all teams every week be able to come up with a crew or wait till Fridays to see if they have one.
Refs won’t be a problem at all they are all in line waiting to get on field..not everyone is scared living in a closet like you playing on a phone behind a screen telling people what to do in society..I was at 40-50 softball games this summer with my daughter in 4 different states and seen at least 100 different umpires and not one single one had a mask..or coaches or players or parents..and just a handful of fans..once the political puppets get the answer they want then it will get back to normal

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

We will see how that works then, with testing once or twice a week mandated by local health departments we will see if they are lined up and qualified to be a high school ref.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Prime Time wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:51 pm We will see how that works then, with testing once or twice a week mandated by local health departments we will see if they are lined up and qualified to be a high school ref.
They won't be testing that often, it's already been said the testing and spectators will change. Was just stated yesterday.

Sballbball24/7
Riding the Bench

Post by Sballbball24/7 »

Prime Time wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:51 pm We will see how that works then, with testing once or twice a week mandated by local health departments we will see if they are lined up and qualified to be a high school ref.
You are a smart one aren’t you lol..that’s what we’ve been saying on here genius..it’s common sense if they keep testing the way they are nothing will go forward..bottom line is they are testing WAY too much and hopefully that is changing soon

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

College players across nation fear for there safety. UConn becomes first University to cancel football.Mark Emmett NCAA president says it’s up to players opting out of season and make sure schools pay for any COVID related sickness. Every school has to test every player once a week at least 72 hours before game, He said if results doesn’t come back in time for game, they can’t compete then

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Prime Time wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:38 am College players across nation fear for there safety. UConn becomes first University to cancel football.Mark Emmett NCAA president says it’s up to players opting out of season and make sure schools pay for any COVID related sickness. Every school has to test every player once a week at least 72 hours before game, He said if results doesn’t come back in time for game, they can’t compete then
I just cant see highschool teams being able to do that

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

Prime Time wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:38 am College players across nation fear for there safety. UConn becomes first University to cancel football.Mark Emmett NCAA president says it’s up to players opting out of season and make sure schools pay for any COVID related sickness. Every school has to test every player once a week at least 72 hours before game, He said if results doesn’t come back in time for game, they can’t compete then
What fake news headline did you repeat in your first sentence? There are no healthy players, high school or college, that fear for their safety. And if they do, they don't have to play.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

There's a college sports section for this, or do we need to add a today show addition because your posting time is the same time it was on the Today show, my wife enjoys watching that also. Thanks again repeat, only this time you're discussing college protocols for players spread out all over the country.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

longball wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:39 am
What fake news headline did you repeat in your first sentence? There are no healthy players, high school or college, that fear for their safety. And if they do, they don't have to play.
Hopefully none as he used the wrong spelling for "their".

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Lt. Gov said last night that testing will not be required for high schools.

https://www.whbc.com/lt-governor-jon-hu ... ts-update/

Return to “Football”