New Health Order for Contact /Non Contact Sports (8/1)

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: New Health Order for Contact /Non Contact Sports (8/1)

Post by greygoose »

OHSAA has been invited to take place in the conference call with Lt Gov Husted tomorrow afternoon. OHSAA has also contacted the ohio department of health to modify safety and spectator protocols in certain areas, one is the testing. So let's not get ahead of ourselves and start speculating how this or this will be done. Given that they're just now getting down to brass tax and trying to iron out things I think we just need to let it unfold and see where we stand. None of us have the answers and none of us have any knowledge on how it might be handled. Let's be hopeful they figure it out so we are able to keep everyone as safe as possible while trying to have a season.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

I thinkGov Mike DEWine and Dr Amy Acton should be highly commended and has done a great job.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prime Time wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:02 am I thinkGov Mike DEWine and Dr Amy Acton should be highly commended and has done a great job.
Lol uh no. But it’s hard to take you seriously because you always type DEWine

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

greygoose wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:36 am OHSAA has been invited to take place in the conference call with Lt Gov Husted tomorrow afternoon. OHSAA has also contacted the ohio department of health to modify safety and spectator protocols in certain areas, one is the testing. So let's not get ahead of ourselves and start speculating how this or this will be done. Given that they're just now getting down to brass tax and trying to iron out things I think we just need to let it unfold and see where we stand. None of us have the answers and none of us have any knowledge on how it might be handled. Let's be hopeful they figure it out so we are able to keep everyone as safe as possible while trying to have a season.

What a great post goose !!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Toz15
Waterboy

Post by Toz15 »

greygoose wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:36 am OHSAA has been invited to take place in the conference call with Lt Gov Husted tomorrow afternoon. OHSAA has also contacted the ohio department of health to modify safety and spectator protocols in certain areas, one is the testing. So let's not get ahead of ourselves and start speculating how this or this will be done. Given that they're just now getting down to brass tax and trying to iron out things I think we just need to let it unfold and see where we stand. None of us have the answers and none of us have any knowledge on how it might be handled. Let's be hopeful they figure it out so we are able to keep everyone as safe as possible while trying to have a season.
Agreed. Hopefully this is not a "decision making" conference and more of looking over a scope of potential options.

Current data shows positive test results have dropped in the US under the 5 day revolving average they use.

Toz15
Waterboy

Post by Toz15 »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:41 am
GalliaGrad78 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:16 am Exactly what would more money do for the schools to fight Covid?
If you were in charge in Washington, what would you have done differently?

Well I was think money would help combat some of the guidelines and requirements to play. That’s a ALOT of covid testing for schools on a week to week deal. Some of these football teams have 50-70kids on them. Yikes !

If I was in Washington this morning, I’d ask. How the HEck did England do it so much better than us ?? What did they do so right To not only flatten the curve. But KEEP it there.
To answer your question about England..... their scientific leads admitted from the beginning, back in May, that they were aware that at least 80% of the population would probably get it. Also, they stated that "you can't hide from a virus".....something that many in the States and a few on this site refuse to acknowledge. So their approach was to continue to function and try to minimize it as much as they possible could, while realizing that you were no more or less likely to get it at work, school or the grocery store as you would at home. Stay in as much as possible, minimize contact as much as possible but it was a waste to functionally shut down or shut off.

Our quest in the US to try an achieve 0% positive infections while attempting to "hide out from it" is ridiculous and laughable. But we are a country that boast a large portion that wets themselves at the drop of a hat so........ :)

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Toz15 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:53 am
countywide35 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:41 am
GalliaGrad78 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:16 am Exactly what would more money do for the schools to fight Covid?
If you were in charge in Washington, what would you have done differently?

Well I was think money would help combat some of the guidelines and requirements to play. That’s a ALOT of covid testing for schools on a week to week deal. Some of these football teams have 50-70kids on them. Yikes !

If I was in Washington this morning, I’d ask. How the HEck did England do it so much better than us ?? What did they do so right To not only flatten the curve. But KEEP it there.
To answer your question about England..... their scientific leads admitted from the beginning, back in May, that they were aware that at least 80% of the population would probably get it. Also, they stated that "you can't hide from a virus".....something that many in the States and a few on this site refuse to acknowledge. So their approach was to continue to function and try to minimize it as much as they possible could, while realizing that you were no more or less likely to get it at work, school or the grocery store as you would at home. Stay in as much as possible, minimize contact as much as possible but it was a waste to functionally shut down or shut off.

Our quest in the US to try an achieve 0% positive infections while attempting to "hide out from it" is ridiculous and laughable. But we are a country that boast a large portion that wets themselves at the drop of a hat so........ :)

Fair enough.....

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

JMO There trying to side step about NO fall sports ,not giving direct answers ! When they said today that cross country was a contract sport ! WOW there's your answer!

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

They are trying to make it so difficult to have a season.
MO is they are hoping the schools will just shut the season down on their own. That takes the burden off oshaa.
BS

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Cincinnati Public Schools voting Tuesday on only distance learning first 5 weeks to start with.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

There is going to be Manadated COVID 19 testing for Ohio athlete contests for all athletes. Have to be tested 72 hours before games and results in hand before games. With more and more school districts either cancelling totally the season or pushing it back farther and farther, contact sports looks like it will be cancelled for fall and rest of this year into next year. Wear your masks, social distance .Gov Mike DEWine will be on today.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Thanks repeat, please move on, you've said nothing new for 4 months. It's time we just wait and see how it unfolds because no one on this site has any idea. Especially since a spokesman for ohio department of health stated Monday new orders were coming out on testing and spectators this week for contact sports events in ohio.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:57 am Thanks repeat, please move on, you've said nothing new for 4 months. It's time we just wait and see how it unfolds because no one on this site has any idea. Especially since a spokesman for ohio department of health stated Monday new orders were coming out on testing and spectators this week for contact sports events in ohio.
You can't take that guy serious, he types the name DEWine, like it's a chemical plant in Akron.

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

Who is paying for all this testing?
Like I said. Making all these hoops to jump through. Until the schools yell uncle!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Stan Smith wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:23 am Who is paying for all this testing?
Like I said. Making all these hoops to jump through. Until the schools yell uncle!
They can’t. That’s why they are trying to change it now.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

COVID-19 coming into schools is not a if, it’s a matter of WHEN. Gov.DEWine is kinda kicking the ball along and then the last domino will fall. They are wishing the numbers go down, but once groups get together ,numbers start spiking all over again. I pray for the teachers,kids, custodians, school bus drivers, administration at all schools because the clock is ticking and we’re in the 9 th inning here.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Reading a OHSAA thing today about streaming games makes me think of there is a season it will be very little crowd or no crowd. At this point I’m fine staying home if kids get to play. But I hope it’s back to normal. Maybe Portsmouth can go back to spartan stadium so we can line the levee with people lol.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

wobycat wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:05 am
greygoose wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:57 am Thanks repeat, please move on, you've said nothing new for 4 months. It's time we just wait and see how it unfolds because no one on this site has any idea. Especially since a spokesman for ohio department of health stated Monday new orders were coming out on testing and spectators this week for contact sports events in ohio.
You can't take that guy serious, he types the name DEWine, like it's a chemical plant in Akron.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:59 am
Sounds like from Lt Gov these guidelines will change and it's looking more and more like some sort of season will be played.

Toz15
Waterboy

Post by Toz15 »

greygoose wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:22 am
wobycat wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:59 am
Sounds like from Lt Gov these guidelines will change and it's looking more and more like some sort of season will be played.
^^^^ Yes and DeWine's comments sounded promising as well.

It's looking more and more likely that 2 things are possible....

#1 - We have football of some kind this fall
#2 - Prime and Paladin pull a Thelma & Louise by Labor Day

Return to “Football”