OHSAA Announcement

hegotgame
Riding the Bench

OHSAA Announcement

Post by hegotgame »

Anybody have info on OHSAA announcement coming tomorrow?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: OHSAA Announcement

Post by Raider6309 »

Nope. I’d guess week 1 is cancelled and the first few games will be without fans

Where is Pol Pot when you need him

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Toledo public schools canceled fall sports. A lot of schools are pulling out.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

This doesn’t look good for fall sports. Hopefully, they’ll figure a way out to play them in the spring.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Realist wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:04 am This doesn’t look good for fall sports. Hopefully, they’ll figure a way out to play them in the spring.
Mainly limited to city school leagues that have cancelled right now (areas where virus most prevalent). I can see a reduced exhibition/regular season schedule coming for rest of the state, but I think OHSAA still planning on playing football this fall with a normal playoff schedule.*

toast
All State

Post by toast »

"Mainly limited to city school leagues that have cancelled right now (areas where virus most prevalent). I can see a reduced exhibition/regular season schedule coming for rest of the state, but I think OHSAA still planning on playing football this fall with a normal playoff schedule.*"

I hope you are right!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Northeast district continues to push spring football.
Attachments
8DD138F9-4180-4782-9244-5FC730BDFA15.jpeg

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:51 am
Realist wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:04 am This doesn’t look good for fall sports. Hopefully, they’ll figure a way out to play them in the spring.
Mainly limited to city school leagues that have cancelled right now (areas where virus most prevalent). I can see a reduced exhibition/regular season schedule coming for rest of the state, but I think OHSAA still planning on playing football this fall with a normal playoff schedule.*
Would the OHSAA really leave all the major city schools in the state behind like that? Especially when so many states are leading the way with other creative solutions to balance everyone’s needs?

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

They already said no flipping of seasons. Football will not be played in the spring.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

petesweaty wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:58 am They already said no flipping of seasons. Football will not be played in the spring.
They’ve said they haven’t discussed it. They’ve been fully focused on keeping fall sports on track. If it comes down to canceling fall football, they will absolutely consider a way to fit football in later in the school year.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Won't happen. They will play this fall or not at all.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

enigmaax wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:58 am
art_vandelay wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:51 am
Would the OHSAA really leave all the major city schools in the state behind like that? Especially when so many states are leading the way with other creative solutions to balance everyone’s needs?
No solution is going to be perfect for everyone, and if OHSAA finances are as bad as everyone saying, they might not have a choice but to forge ahead and attempt to have a football season with playoffs (i.e. $$$$$$$$$$$).*

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

OHSAA May get a loan on future earnings from state or Feds. The reality is , it’s over. Sports will be cancelled this fall. Schools will be online or hybrid. We have a small, loud and vocal contingent for playing that are dwarfed by massive support for controlling the virus. The outcome is inevitable and not in doubt. Kicking the can down the road is a fools game.

Have gun, will travel
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

petesweaty wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:12 pm Won't happen. They will play this fall or not at all.
That’s what I’ve heard as well.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Paladin wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:22 pm OHSAA May get a loan on future earnings from state or Feds. The reality is , it’s over. Sports will be cancelled this fall. Schools will be online or hybrid. We have a small, loud and vocal contingent for playing that are dwarfed by massive support for controlling the virus. The outcome is inevitable and not in doubt. Kicking the can down the road is a fools game.
Fort Frye is going 5 days a week. Washington County has very low new cases and it’s silly to hold the kids back. In terms of schooling these kids need to be in school.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

August 4th is the date to focus on. Lt. Gov Husted to have conference call with high school coaches and OHSFCA reps on the upcoming season.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Paladin wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:22 pm OHSAA May get a loan on future earnings from state or Feds. The reality is , it’s over. Sports will be cancelled this fall. Schools will be online or hybrid. We have a small, loud and vocal contingent for playing that are dwarfed by massive support for controlling the virus. The outcome is inevitable and not in doubt. Kicking the can down the road is a fools game.
The massive support for controlling the virus over sports are the same people making $900 a week sitting at home on unemployment. They’re scared to death things will return to normal.

Quit paying hospitals for positive covid deaths and quit bailing out city’s that are “hot spots” and covid will disappear forever

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Nothing changes as of now.
Attachments
68235E66-7792-4F13-8097-7A33E2EC876F.jpeg

Trevorstephens22
JV Team

Post by Trevorstephens22 »

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Doesn't look like we will get any scrimmages in but hopefully that changes. It would have been nice to get one.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”