Finally the kids can practice on Monday!

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Finally the kids can practice on Monday!

Post by wobycat »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:44 pm We will see if the school districts think this a left wing conspiracy, wow, when masks are mandated in Ohio I guess that will be a conspiracy also. When the numbers is rising all across the US this a left wing conspiracy, how do you even respond to this kind of thought process. Everyone has there own thoughts.
It’s not their own opinion, it’s actual information. I trust what he says about what he’s seen. He should have at least seen something that would scare him to not say that, especially all those positive cases. But of course the government would never inflate or embellish any information. Such an honest track record. :roll: :roll:

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Portsmouth shut down practice until July 20 for a student athlete testing positive. Not a good sign when the season starts end of next month hopefully

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:12 pm Portsmouth shut down practice until July 20 for a student athlete testing positive. Not a good sign when the season starts end of next month hopefully
Very unfortunate and great information to use for these doomsday people on here. Mandatory practice doesn’t start to August 1st. I’m hoping by then, as a society we handle this in a civilized manner. Right now, that’s not happening. My assumption and my prayer
is the athlete will recover.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

wobycat wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:23 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:12 pm Portsmouth shut down practice until July 20 for a student athlete testing positive. Not a good sign when the season starts end of next month hopefully
Very unfortunate and great information to use for these doomsday people on here. Mandatory practice doesn’t start to August 1st. I’m hoping by then, as a society we handle this in a civilized manner. Right now, that’s not happening.
True that mandatory starts aug 1 but how out of shape are some of the teams. 3 months before that nothing was done and for Portsmouth another setback. I know some kids work out on there own time but that’s probably a small percentage. A lot can change by then we just have to weather the storm for a bit. I feel terrible for the kids. Especially the ones who missed baseball and track.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Speedy recovery to the youngMan from Portsmouth. So if it was in Sept,or October or even Nov. Portsmouth on all accounts would miss two weeks of season for a 14 day quarantine . This is going to be a problem day by day and week by week and month by month thru rest of year.A level 1 is lowest level to begin with, O’Bleness Hospital in Athens is a large hospital in Athens, a level 2 is next highest level30-95 percent increase overa level one. So that matches up with Athens being at level 1 with only a few cases. On the other hand it appears SciotoCounty is at a higher risk of infection, as stated by Portsmouth athlete coming down with it. It’s out there people, it’s beside you , it’s silent, unseen but it’s with us. Wear a mask, social distance, take temps

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:28 pm
Very unfortunate and great information to use for these doomsday people on here. Mandatory practice doesn’t start to August 1st. I’m hoping by then, as a society we handle this in a civilized manner. Right now, that’s not happening.
True that mandatory starts aug 1 but how out of shape are some of the teams. 3 months before that nothing was done and for Portsmouth another setback. I know some kids work out on there own time but that’s probably a small percentage. A lot can change by then we just have to weather the storm for a bit. I feel terrible for the kids. Especially the ones who missed baseball and track.
Here in lies the issue. If we shut it down every time a kid kids a positive test, high school sports will never be again. It’s going to happen, it’s not going away. As far as the magical vaccine? That won’t fix everything either. We either live with it, or just shut this site down. We won’t need it.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:30 pm Speedy recovery to the youngMan from Portsmouth. So if it was in Sept,or October or even Nov. Portsmouth on all accounts would miss two weeks of season for a 14 day quarantine . This is going to be a problem day by day and week by week and month by month thru rest of year.A level 1 is lowest level to begin with, O’Bleness Hospital in Athens is a large hospital in Athens, a level 2 is next highest level30-95 percent increase overa level one. So that matches up with Athens being at level 1 with only a few cases. On the other hand it appears SciotoCounty is at a higher risk of infection, as stated by Portsmouth athlete coming down with it. It’s out there people, it’s beside you , it’s silent, unseen but it’s with us. Wear a mask, social distance, take temps
Lol. Dude he’s been working there since it began. He’s not seen anything to frighten him yet. Stop with the fear monger stuff. Good grief man. Unless you hide in your house, you’re probably going to get it one day like the flu.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Read my post that’s whAt I said that’s why Athens County is only level 1 because of low cases.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:41 pm Read my post that’s whAt I said that’s why Athens County is only level 1 because of low cases.
I did and I understand. What I’m saying is he’s not seen anything from the cases they’ve had to be afraid of it.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Guys I’m out. It’s just too much for me. Happy Fourth of July.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

When one of the clients I take care of tested positive they made the health department made the whole staff quarantine for 14 days I just think it’s going to be impossible for them to have a season if 1 kid rest positive during the season not only would that team have to quarantine so would the team they just played it would be a nightmare for schools to try and handle

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Doctors are saying schools are in bigger jeopardy of opening now because of what’s happening this summer. People isn’t following any guidelines, numbers skyrocketing, acting like it’s just all really not pertaining to them. God Bless the rest of summer and fall as we are on a collision course here. Is there guidelines for schools for family’s that come back from events that there has no social distancing no masks. Or do you take the word of family’s, o we social distanced, we stayed together, we all hang out together, no one is sick, we didn’t go anywhere. 14 day quarantine should be mandatory for schools, jobs, for those people, is anyone questioning the locations these people have been for safety reason at jobs, schools, or your own family’s that stayed behind and now are subject to infection. I believe we are on collision course of a nationwide mask wearing. As doctors project now after holiday in next two weeks numbers will even be greater. Let’s all get thru this together , and come out stronger on other side.

Toz15
Waterboy

Post by Toz15 »

Prime Time wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:31 am Doctors are saying schools are in bigger jeopardy of opening now because of what’s happening this summer. People isn’t following any guidelines, numbers skyrocketing, acting like it’s just all really not pertaining to them. God Bless the rest of summer and fall as we are on a collision course here. Is there guidelines for schools for family’s that come back from events that there has no social distancing no masks. Or do you take the word of family’s, o we social distanced, we stayed together, we all hang out together, no one is sick, we didn’t go anywhere. 14 day quarantine should be mandatory for schools, jobs, for those people, [b]is anyone questioning the locations these people have been for safety reason at jobs, schools, or your own family’s that stayed behind and now are subject to infection. [/b] I believe we are on collision course of a nationwide mask wearing. As doctors project now after holiday in next two weeks numbers will even be greater. Let’s all get thru this together , and come out stronger on other side.
At what point do we institute checkpoints, issue travel papers and detain our citizens for non-compliance?

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Toz15 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:30 pm
Prime Time wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:31 am Doctors are saying schools are in bigger jeopardy of opening now because of what’s happening this summer. People isn’t following any guidelines, numbers skyrocketing, acting like it’s just all really not pertaining to them. God Bless the rest of summer and fall as we are on a collision course here. Is there guidelines for schools for family’s that come back from events that there has no social distancing no masks. Or do you take the word of family’s, o we social distanced, we stayed together, we all hang out together, no one is sick, we didn’t go anywhere. 14 day quarantine should be mandatory for schools, jobs, for those people, [b]is anyone questioning the locations these people have been for safety reason at jobs, schools, or your own family’s that stayed behind and now are subject to infection. [/b] I believe we are on collision course of a nationwide mask wearing. As doctors project now after holiday in next two weeks numbers will even be greater. Let’s all get thru this together , and come out stronger on other side.
At what point do we institute checkpoints, issue travel papers and detain our citizens for non-compliance?
They have basically started that in the larger cities where mask are mandatory

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Mask enforcement is up to local health departments! Lol

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Izladoom wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:41 pm
Toz15 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:30 pm
They have basically started that in the larger cities where mask are mandatory
It’ll all be over in November

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

wobycat wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:34 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:28 pm

It’s going to happen, it’s not going away. As far as the magical vaccine? That won’t fix everything either. We either live with it, or just shut this site down. We won’t need it.
Here in lies the issue. If we shut it down every time a kid kids a positive test, high school sports will never be again.

And that outcome may what a few politicos and school officials may be hoping for. While I believe there is strong educational value in high school sports, if the virus complicates school finances, sports will be on the chopping block.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

The plan for now is to start football on time.

Return to “Football”