No fans this fall

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Re: No fans this fall

Post by ManitouDan »

FWIW Sports ( as in every aspect of life) has been , and is sinking in Politics. You cant discuss scheduling / playing etc without discussing Covid , and you cant discuss Covid without politics.

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

ManitouDan wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:39 pm FWIW Sports ( as in every aspect of life) has been , and is sinking in Politics. You cant discuss scheduling / playing etc without discussing Covid , and you cant discuss Covid without politics.
I agree

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Truth goes along way ! And hard to come by theses days! I agree .

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

So my understanding is that DeWine OK the resume for contact sports beginning as a Phase 2 Beginning on June 22. But the OHSAA is not on that schedule, still is in Phase 1 And will continue to be in Phase 1.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Cowboy22
Riding the Bench

Post by Cowboy22 »

Dewine better get ahold of this mess of changing the name of our state capital. This country is so soft. I know this belongs in the politics form but I don't know the password to get in.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Sports can be discussed without politics.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:30 am So my understanding is that DeWine OK the resume for contact sports beginning as a Phase 2 Beginning on June 22. But the OHSAA is not on that schedule, still is in Phase 1 And will continue to be in Phase 1.
https://www.dispatch.com/sports/2020061 ... d-workouts

Looks like reading that they're working with OHSAA and as long as schools meet safety protocols looks like they're good to go.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Cowboy22 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:31 am I know this belongs in the politics form but I don't know the password to get in.
You just need to contact a administrator for the password

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:42 pm
countywide35 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:30 am So my understanding is that DeWine OK the resume for contact sports beginning as a Phase 2 Beginning on June 22. But the OHSAA is not on that schedule, still is in Phase 1 And will continue to be in Phase 1.

Looks like reading that they're working with OHSAA and as long as schools meet safety protocols looks like they're good to go.

Thanks for the link goose. Things are bonkers uh????

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

packers80 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:06 am Sports can be discussed without politics.
Not this time. A political decision will decide the fate of Ohio high school football

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:58 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:42 pm

Thanks for the link goose. Things are bonkers uh????
Yeah just a ton of unknowns and with each passing day things change, just like what we're seeing with College teams going back to practice and the large number testing positive. Eventually the numbers will level off and we'll see more of the herd immunity start to take effect, with so many people taking vacations it just shows people don't want to be held in captivity but it's also the reason why Florida and S.C are hitting new highs everyday. Luckily for high school players we really have some time to figure out the numbers and how to address things going forward when you think they really don't need to get hard at it for another month or so.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:27 pm
packers80 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:06 am Sports can be discussed without politics.
Not this time. A political decision will decide the fate of Ohio high school football
They most certainly can, all you have to do is not bring them into a conversation. There are many aspects of sports that don't involve that.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

packers80 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:47 am
They most certainly can, all you have to do is not bring them into a conversation. There are many aspects of sports that don't involve that.
Except for this exact particular topic. I understand what you’re saying. Like if we were on a social topic but this subject lives or dies by the decision of a political official.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:41 am

Except for this exact particular topic. I understand what you’re saying. Like if we were on a social topic but this subject lives or dies by the decision of a political official.
I would hope it lives or dies on a medical/health decision.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

packers80 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:40 pm

I think that shipped has sailed away.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:42 pm

Not yet

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

Well...When Dewine was following the orders of Dr. Acton, people were calling for his and her head. A lot of people here don't want to believe the health officials if they deliver news we don't like. We think we know better, so we'll just say the politicians are out to get us when I'm sure they're just taking advice from the health experts also. It's always been this way...We are okay with the news you deliver as long as we agree with it and like it.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

True post......Realist......Others are observant of this also......Covid 19 is a Risky business that some don't want to hear about.... or want to believe..... for their own benefit........

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Realist wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:56 am
Well...When Dewine was following the orders of Dr. Acton, people were calling for his and her head. A lot of people here don't want to believe the health officials if they deliver news we don't like. We think we know better, so we'll just say the politicians are out to get us when I'm sure they're just taking advice from the health experts also. It's always been this way...We are okay with the news you deliver as long as we agree with it and like it.
Oh it was bi-partisan foolishness for sure , they both suck a$$

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

The problem I and most people are having is how Grossly incorrect the so called experts have been from the very beginning. the prediction models were off by 300%. now the are scrambling to justify their actions. Or just disappearing (cough cough Amy Action) all together. If it is truly necessary to shut down football then so be it. But you gotta get better than an accuracy rating of +/- 300%

Return to “Football”