No fans this fall

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: No fans this fall

Post by BigBlueNation »

Paladin wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:34 pm If anyone is reading the papers, quite a few states have rising numbers since many reopened, both number of cases and deaths. That will be troubling for many authorities. Ohio has hit a plateau, not going up but not down either. With the state reopening and many not using masks, not observing 6 ft. and crowding into areas, it may only be a matter of time before the current wave continues. Many want sports, but are unwilling to do what prevents the spread. In the end, should Ohio’s numbers go up and they refuse to play sports, people will have no one to blame but themselves. Responsible people take action. Fools always pay a price.
More testing now. Some people that are getting tested are showing that they already had it are getting counted as new cases, they may have had it a couple of months ago.
What about the people that are saying when they get their loved ones death certificate it says cause of death is covid-19, when they died of some other reason.
When all the schools were shutting down back in the winter, alot of the kids were testing negative for flu a and b. They was told it was a upper respiratory infection. The first week of March my son was really sick. Tested negative for the flu. I would just about bet if he was tested right now for coronavirus he would show signs of already having it and counted as a new case, as would alot of people that was sick earlier this year.
It's mine and alot of other people's opinion that we have been played on this.
Just have hope. Can't live your lfe being scared.

Sballbball24/7
Riding the Bench

Post by Sballbball24/7 »

Prime Time wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:22 pm I can see how the schools. School boards and State of Ohio Will,have to put a 14 day quarantine on the kids that have played baseball, and softball all summer. That have shared seeds, water coolers, this is a recipe for rapid spreading among faculty, kids in classrooms, especially family’s and kids that have tried to,avoid this virus all summer . They are neither social distancing, wearing masks, taking temps, . So first day of school you will be mixing high risk people into the population that has tried to do the right thing. After reading the above post and being grouped as a idiot and a puppet says it all. Wow. I hope the health departments stepup there watchful eyes in these circumstances and someone in the State of Ohio health div is taking notes and observing this.Paladin you are exactly right , 22 states is seeing rising numbers as we speak.

Need to remind myself to go to sams club to get my daughter another big bag of seeds to share with her teammates..I’m sure I’ll see a lot of idiots packed in there like you shopping around in enclosed areas that are acting scared but still out and about...but then talk about kids running wild all summer and should get quarantined when they go back to school for being outside having fun..you truly are an embarrassment...and a puppet..wonder if they have surfboards around here so me and my family can ride this “first wave” in..you say there’s a second one coming but there hasn’t even been a first😂

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Paladin wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:34 pm If anyone is reading the papers, quite a few states have rising numbers since many reopened, both number of cases and deaths. That will be troubling for many authorities. Ohio has hit a plateau, not going up but not down either. With the state reopening and many not using masks, not observing 6 ft. and crowding into areas, it may only be a matter of time before the current wave continues. Many want sports, but are unwilling to do what prevents the spread. In the end, should Ohio’s numbers go up and they refuse to play sports, people will have no one to blame but themselves. Responsible people take action. Fools always pay a price.
Something like 17 states are reporting cases going back up after reopening. Deaths will probably go up too within the next week with some of the new cases getting worse.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

What do

Smoking
Drinking
Doing drugs
Tattoos
Piercings
Riding motorcycles
No helmet
Didn’t graduate h.s. Or did poorly
Divorced
Can’t hold a job
Have discipline issues
Don’t we’re masks
Stay 6 feet apart

Have in common ?

Have gun, will travel
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I have been reading where there has been multiple NCAA schools with athletes reporting back to school and testing positive for the Covid-19. Its good to see safety measures being implemented ! hopefully nothing slips through the cracks.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Paladin wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:09 pm What do

Smoking
Drinking
Doing drugs
Tattoos
Piercings
Riding motorcycles
No helmet
Divorced
Can’t hold a job
Have discipline issues
Don’t we’re masks
Stay 6 feet apart

Have in common ?
They all grow up and have a user name of Paladin?

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:02 pm
Paladin wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:09 pm What do

Smoking
Drinking
Doing drugs
Tattoos
Piercings
Riding motorcycles
No helmet
Divorced
Can’t hold a job
Have discipline issues
Don’t we’re masks
Stay 6 feet apart

Have in common ?
They all grow up and have a user name of Paladin?
Touche :lol: that was coming...

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

This probably needs moved to the politics forum.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Prime Time wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:11 am Observation, why is people in leadership roles cancelling pools, State Fairs, County Fairs, concerts just about anything where people is in close contact with each other and they are promoting social distancing have stringent guidelines to go by if they try to have something. Wear face masks, wash hands, but this group of youth leaders see no problem putting at risk youth to what, play a game that is more important than a world wide pandemic. Until local city health departments step up and enforce or site groups that is not following these guidelines,, this will be a liability so when schools start, the people that has done what they want, risk infecting entire school body’s and staff when these students mingle with students that has tried to be safe. So where does the school boards draw the line with the virus spread this fall.
You're like the media you pick and choose what to pay attention to. You not watching the general public?? There's more taken with that then there's practices but you ignore that totally. If need be there shouldn't be sports this fall and some won't be playing as schools will choose not to. You think the numbers have spiked since reopening?? You simply see wit h states spike by 100-200 in a day but fail to look at the state's where the numbers are lower since reopening. Stop your trolling and read just a little bit maybe you'll learn. Bring a fact not an opinion, understand the increased number in testing causing more positive test as a factor as well. At first I thought you were genuinely concerned but since you're not off the grid and giving zero facts I realize and others should as well you're simply trolling. Is the school liable for the flu?? I mean a quick search would do you a ton of good.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

So for those of you who don’t think we should play football this fall or if we play have no fans. When do you think we should start to play again? What would be a landscape you would be happy with.

I mean why are people surprised infection rates went up when states started reopening. They were supposed to go back up because we were taking more chances and interacting more then before.

In each phase of reopening we are going to see some spikes but that has always been the plan.

Also why do you guys think if one person a football team tests positive a whole football team would have to be quarantined.

Even when they do contact tracing they are looking for people that you were within 6 feet of for a prolonged period of time. Usually more then 10 minutes at a time.

Where my wife works they had 2 people test positive both had went to a wedding in Columbus. They worked for several days after the wedding. When they contact traced non w of the people they worked with had to quarinteen even though from time to time they are often within a foot or two feet of one another but not for a prolonged period.

It has been over 2 months those people have been back to work several weeks no one else had a problem.

My point would be this. It is very important that we get back to school. Especially for southeast Ohio. We have so many people without good internet service and we are in a area where our kids can’t afford to fall further behind.

So schools need to open. Yes we need to take precautions and not do foolish things. But if we are in school and interacting I do not see the harm in playing sports.

For some kids that is there motivation to learn is so they can play sports.

I agree a vaccine will make a difference but only 30% of people say they will take it. But the experts say we probably really already have had over 15 million infected.

To me the doctors are saying we need maybe another 30 million to be infected by the end of the year. That would make approximately 45 million exposed then close to 100 million take vaccine and we would have heard amunity and could control it like the Flu.

What I don’t understand is some of you guys sound like we shouldn’t play if there is 1 case... I just don’t get it. The idea of what we were doing was never to kill the disease it wax to spread out the time period over which people caught it.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Here’s your problem-

Leaders are supposed to be protecting your life. Not seeing that games get played. If that’s your attitude, then let those who die be you or yours not me or mine.

Why do you think Ohioans approved of DeWine /Actons position ( 86% approval ) and the actions they took to save lives ? The 14% believe that lives didn’t matter and games were more important ?

Those who make poor decisions in life rarely become leaders. They are not competent. They do not care. They are selfish or self centered. It’s fine to talk about getting schools open, but the goal is education, not playing a game. On boards like these it’s always interesting to see how little some people are and how far they would go to risk lives and health for their selfish interests. Are their standing in life that low that they do not value human life ?Are they that ruthless ?
Is it that they hold no responsibility for others ?

Priorities. What are a persons priority? Exposes a person for how meaningless life is to them. Priority, life or death or playing a game ?

Always like evaluating the intell of others. Gives you a great insight on who they really are.

Have gun, will travel
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Paladin wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:16 pm Here’s your problem-

Leaders are supposed to be protecting your life. Not seeing that games get played. If that’s your attitude, then let those who die be you or yours not me or mine.

Why do you think Ohioans approved of DeWine /Actons position ( 86% approval ) and the actions they took to save lives ? The 14% believe that lives didn’t matter and games were more important ?

Those who make poor decisions in life rarely become leaders. They are not competent. They do not care. They are selfish or self centered. It’s fine to talk about getting schools open, but the goal is education, not playing a game. On boards like these it’s always interesting to see how little some people are and how far they would go to risk lives and health for their selfish interests. Are their standing in life that low that they do not value human life ?Are they that ruthless ?

Priorities. What are a persons priority? Exposes a person for how meaningless life is to them. Priority, life or death or playing a game ?

Always like evaluating the intell of others. Gives you a great insight on who they really are.
Your poll is off. I could ask 10 people about DeWines approval on this board and probably get 80% who think he’s awful. We have no leadership in Government today. We have a bunch of people that want your vote but no leaders. Don’t believe anything that man says. He’s wicked.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:10 pm

Your poll is off. I could ask 10 people about DeWines approval on this board and probably get 80% who think he’s awful. We have no leadership in Government today. We have a bunch of people that want your vote but no leaders. Don’t believe anything that man says. He’s wicked.
He was at 84-86% approval at the end of April, the highest for any governor. It’s a tough job. Be cautious numbers stay down, people demand you open back up. Go against your scientist recommendations and open everything back up and numbers start spiking, hospitals get overwhelmed and death rates spike and everyone criticizes you. He’s really in a no win position.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Not a big fan of DeWine, but the job he is doing is better than 95% of the others. With 19 states cases going up now it looks like he is taking care of Ohio.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Of course his numbers were great in April. It’s June. He’s killing business in Ohio. His health department about got sued by cedar fair. He cut education budget. Wait til that takes effect.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

JMO Politics there all shady ! LOL

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Well this conversation kind of turned into lots of opinions about politics and what we as a society should do.

Which everyone is allowed.

However , I still haven’t read an answer to the big question:

As of June 11. High schools are starting to workout. But a football season is still yet to be Declared a 100% go correct ?

Has there been a date that the OHSAA will have a announcement by??

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

fbnut wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:04 am
wobycat wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:10 pm

He was at 84-86% approval at the end of April, the highest for any governor. It’s a tough job. Be cautious numbers stay down, people demand you open back up. Go against your scientist recommendations and open everything back up and numbers start spiking, hospitals get overwhelmed and death rates spike and everyone criticizes you. He’s really in a no win position.

Good post.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Dr. Amy Acton stepping down ?

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Here is your problem you did not read my post and you lumped me into a group of people where I don’t belong. I totally agree with what the governors action in the spring. I had no problem with the cancellation of basketball and spring sports.

And now even as I say we should play football. I say it as a addition to education. I also believe that bands should practice and perform they certainly could come up with socially distanced routines. I believe we should have musicAls and other activities.

These need to be done with smaller crowds or more distancing. But all these things are part of the educational process including sports.

My question was if were in school and everything else how much more dangerous is football as far as covid-19 and if not this year when.

Return to “Football”