I need help finding films

Firebird88
Waterboy

I need help finding films

Post by Firebird88 »

does anyone know where I could find football and basketball films from 1950-54 for Chester high school, my grandpa played football and basketball for Chester during this time period and I’d like to be able to see if I can locate any film of him playing ball in high school.

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: I need help finding films

Post by loganlocos »

Firebird88 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:31 pm does anyone know where I could find football and basketball films from 1950-54 for Chester high school, my grandpa played football and basketball for Chester during this time period and I’d like to be able to see if I can locate any film of him playing ball in high school.
Stuff that old might be hard to find - if it was filmed at all. I know Logan did not have a camera to film their football games until 1949.

I would suggest contacting the Meigs County historical society. They have helped me out with some items before.

Also if you know who the coach was then you could contact the family. Also - if the school still has any sort of Alumni Association it would be a good place to look.

Firebird88
Waterboy

Re: I need help finding films

Post by Firebird88 »

I was thinking about contacting meigs co. Historical society
I will be doing that sometime soon but I know my grandpa told me Wahama and possibly Rutland filmed their games.

Return to “Football”