Vinton County 20 - 0 Wellston

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: Vinton County 20 - 0 Wellston

Post by Poo Bear »

Had a feeling VC would be too physical for Wellston..
Nice win coach bethel and coach hutch.

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

I wasn't surprised by this at all. someone mentioned all fo the transfers, if those transfers would have stayed at vc they would be champions. they were the difference in jackson's year. both Spires and Prater were very valuable to their run at the FAC, some say they couldnt have won the FAC without them. they could have done it at vc. now that the older Spires will go to some d3 school because that is all he every was, little bother ain't going to play qb what will they do? someone said that the family is building a house but i believe it when i see it. My vc friends told me that the Yates are back in their vc home. it is a different world than I grew up in the 60's.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Solomon wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:18 pm I wasn't surprised by this at all. someone mentioned all fo the transfers, if those transfers would have stayed at vc they would be champions. they were the difference in jackson's year. both Spires and Prater were very valuable to their run at the FAC, some say they couldnt have won the FAC without them. they could have done it at vc. now that the older Spires will go to some d3 school because that is all he every was, little bother ain't going to play qb what will they do? someone said that the family is building a house but i believe it when i see it. My vc friends told me that the Yates are back in their vc home. it is a different world than I grew up in the 60's.
We’ll never know but I believe without Spires and Prater we still win the FAC. The FAC wasn’t very good. We have a great defense without those two and would’ve been plenty to beat those teams this year. Make no mistake though...they are excellent players and deserving of every award they have received.

Why are we taking about Prater? This is his 5th year playing at Jackson. Was his brother a star at VC? They made the move and live well into the Jackson school district.

Spires? Another great family and great kids
. Model students and excellent athletes as well. Living here, wearing Jackson gear and rooting for team Jackson....not just their kid(s)....if they leave I’ll be pretty surprised, but what I won’t be is skeptical as to why. I would wish them well without negative thoughts. The Spires boys love it here and we love having them here. Parents completely supportive of coaches and programs.

Maybe their parents had reasons to leave. My kid is never leaving Jackson City Schools regardless of whatever happens but who am I to judge what parents feel is best for them and their kids? Welcome to Jackson, wear our stuff and cheer on all the kids...hope you enjoy it enough to stay forever.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Glad to see "ole Dutch" get some well deserved paybacks on the school that gave up on him and ran him out. That guy had "kids running through brick walls for him" at Wellston. The revenge factor is powerful. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:58 pm
Solomon wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:18 pm I wasn't surprised by this at all. someone mentioned all fo the transfers, if those transfers would have stayed at vc they would be champions. they were the difference in jackson's year. both Spires and Prater were very valuable to their run at the FAC, some say they couldnt have won the FAC without them. they could have done it at vc. now that the older Spires will go to some d3 school because that is all he every was, little bother ain't going to play qb what will they do? someone said that the family is building a house but i believe it when i see it. My vc friends told me that the Yates are back in their vc home. it is a different world than I grew up in the 60's.
We’ll never know but I believe without Spires and Prater we still win the FAC. The FAC wasn’t very good. We have a great defense without those two and would’ve been plenty to beat those teams this year. Make no mistake though...they are excellent players and deserving of every award they have received.

Why are we taking about Prater? This is his 5th year playing at Jackson. Was his brother a star at VC? They made the move and live well into the Jackson school district.

. Model students and excellent athletes as well. Living here, wearing Jackson gear and rooting for team Jackson....not just their kid(s)....if they leave I’ll be pretty surprised, but what I won’t be is skeptical as to why. I would wish them well without negative thoughts. The Spires boys love it here and we love having them here. Parents completely supportive of coaches and programs.

Maybe their parents had reasons to leave. My kid is never leaving Jackson City Schools regardless of whatever happens but who am I to judge what parents feel is best for them and their kids? Welcome to Jackson, wear our stuff and cheer on all the kids...hope you enjoy it enough to stay forever.
Personally I do not think the spires boys would be the same football players that they are now if they would have stayed in VC. Don't get me Wrong they are great Athletes and Football players but when you transfer to a school with a great football tradition and is used to winning you learn their system and it makes you a better player in the long run. Now I'm not bashing VC's coaching staff because I think the way Bethal has the program going is amazing but it takes years to build the system and and a tradition that Jackson has. its like VC in basketball, the system is amazing and they teach you the game. So when they moved to Jackson they their first taste in what it takes to become a winning team and I think because of that it made them into better players.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Reds Fan wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:08 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:58 pm

Personally I do not think the spires boys would be the same football players that they are now if they would have stayed in VC. Don't get me Wrong they are great Athletes and Football players but when you transfer to a school with a great football tradition and is used to winning you learn their system and it makes you a better player in the long run. Now I'm not bashing VC's coaching staff because I think the way Bethal has the program going is amazing but it takes years to build the system and and a tradition that Jackson has. its like VC in basketball, the system is amazing and they teach you the game. So when they moved to Jackson they their first taste in what it takes to become a winning team and I think because of that it made them into better players.
"Dutch" would have coached those boys up to be running through brick walls by now if they'd stayed a VC. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.

Return to “Football”