Week 13 - Ironton 24 Ridgewood 14

kantucky
Varsity

Re: Week 13 - Ironton (11-1) vs Ridgewood (12-0)

Post by kantucky »

I hope young Mr. Book has a game like he done against Gallia Academy. I think he put it into the end zone every time but once. They were forced to start from their own 20 over and over again. That kid was a dream come true when he showed up at Tank Stadium

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

Having a kicker that can consistently put it in the end zone on kickoffs is a huge advantage in high school for sure.

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Re: SEOPS Playoff meet up at Nelsonville-York

Post by BBALL99 »

Of course the coaches and players dont care about seating, they dont have to worry about it.

IMO, which doesn't mean anything, they should have enough seating for the expected crowd.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

kantucky wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:00 pm Facts, and figures. Jackson's stadium seats 6,000. I estimate there were around 4,500 there. Amanda didn't come that big but I firmly believe Ridgewood will be there in mass.

NY's Boston field seats, 2,825...many aren't going to be there tomorrow night over this. It's a long drive, cold and rainy and seating is very limited. I hate that, both schools deserve an adequate sized stadium

It's great if you're young and healthy to grab a place on the fence. In my opinion, OHSAA should be there and give partial refunds to anyone who doesn't have an eight dollar seat.

Tomorrow, I have been offered (for free) great Ohio State seats. I could go there, see OSU play and then drive to Nelsonville and stand at the fence and see my Fighting Tigers play...trouble is? I'm not made that way anymore...while I'm very thankful to have lived long enough to have graying hair and a white beard, it's still taken it's toll on me.
I'm with you kantucky. I've been going to football games of various types for almost 57 years that I can remember. Growing up in SEO and living around C-bus the last 30 years I know just about all the back roads, shortcuts, etc. to most of the high schools and numerous playoff sites around the state and still enjoy the games but have cut way down the last ten years or so with age creeping up and some of the problems that come with it as the years go by. Apparently a lot less schools bid on playoff games nowadays even though they have the facilities available that are much bigger and better than years ago but to your point, enough seating capacity should be one of the top priorities this time of year. The other 3 D5 reg. finals are being held in stadiums in Sidney (7,000), Bedford (5,000) and Elyria (5,000) with N-Y being the smallest @ 2,800 as you stated above.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
bucs40
Freshman Team

Post by bucs40 »

I just wander if anyone is going to get a crowd number, would make for 1 heck of a split the pot.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I love how some of my friends from ironton say that ridgewood won’t put a running clock on ironton b/c they very easily can. Hopefully this is a hard fought injury free game. I look for the wood to get their points just like I expect ironton to get theirs. This is a different dog than what amanda was. If they find away to stop their ground game this will be a good game. If not I look for another running clock for the wood

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

bucs40 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:50 pm I just wander if anyone is going to get a crowd number, would make for 1 heck of a split the pot.
We will know how many tickets were sold and how many passes were given out so it won't be hard to know how many showed up.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Can we get back to the topic lol

Who would like to meet up?

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Sport Fan wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:27 am
Larry Fine wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:07 pm
PirateFan[69] wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:39 am

No it was his personal choice to leave a corrupt program.
That corrupt program plays next Saturday. Who does Burg play?
Thank you for admitting it is a corrupt program, Burg lost last Saturday and they are playing Basketball now
Which was the program that got caught executing some misconduct in the playoffs last year?

mstigerfan84
Waterboy

Post by mstigerfan84 »

Question..will there be a way to watch the game live online? I have to work until 730 pm and still an hour away from the stadium so i wont make it. I'd like to be able to watch my fighting tigers!! With 29 pages this may have already been asked. Ive read most of this thread but could have missed it.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Tripaces wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:33 am
hammer89 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:11 am I hope the Tigers are thinking the weather will give them an advantage. Rain is not that big of a deal for passing teams as long as the balls are kept dry, unless we are talking about a monsoon. Wind is a much bigger issue for passing than rain is. And as stated by other posters, the Wood is more than capable of running the ball. Remember they ran the Wing T for years and all of their coaches know that offense like the back of their hand.
Rain and 30’s absolutely effects the passing game, maybe rain and 50’s not so much , and as far as the “ tigers thinking it will help them” I can promise you the team is not looking for a helping hand from Mother Nature , the comment about rain was made by me , a fan , a dad who won’t be taking any snaps tomorrow night
I don't actually think any true tiger fan thinks the generals are 1 dimensional, or not up to the task. it's hard to say where posters are from that make a lot of these comments. a lot are people who are already members, then create a name to start crap. every true tiger fan knows what we are up against. inclimate weather does tend to affect a passing heavy team, more than a run heavy team. but that's only if you can hang onto the ball. I stand by that.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:23 pm I love how some of my friends from ironton say that ridgewood won’t put a running clock on ironton b/c they very easily can. Hopefully this is a hard fought injury free game. I look for the wood to get their points just like I expect ironton to get theirs. This is a different dog than what amanda was. If they find away to stop their ground game this will be a good game. If not I look for another running clock for the wood
who are these people madd dogg, and are they actually tigers fans to begin with.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Alright little over 25 hours till kick off... what’s everyone’s score prediction???

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Raycharles wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:44 pm Alright little over 25 hours till kick off... what’s everyone’s score prediction???
Ironton 21
Ridgewood 14

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I would love to meetup with y'all, but I'll be at the Ohio State vs. Penn State game. No way I could make it back and then get to Nelsonville on time.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

vladimir wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:19 pm I would love to meetup with y'all, but I'll be at the Ohio State vs. Penn State game. No way I could make it back and then get to Nelsonville on time.
Have fun at the game! Sweet!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I'm hoping Ironton wins... I don't have a prediction.
Good luck to both teams tomorrow night.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:16 pm
Sport Fan wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:27 am
Larry Fine wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:07 pm

That corrupt program plays next Saturday. Who does Burg play?
Thank you for admitting it is a corrupt program, Burg lost last Saturday and they are playing Basketball now
Which was the program that got caught executing some misconduct in the playoffs last year?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Burg grad 85
RavenKlaw
Waterboy

Post by RavenKlaw »

Holy crap whiners!
If you wish you were at at one of your other beloved stadiums just go there instead Saturday night,take a cozy blanket,some nice candles,maybe some rose pedals and don’t forget to dim the lights to a little Barry White and enjoy yourselves!
Hoping for an injury free game and safe travels to the rest of you all!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

RavenKlaw wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:34 pm Holy crap whiners!
If you wish you were at at one of your other beloved stadiums just go there instead Saturday night,take a cozy blanket,some nice candles,maybe some rose pedals and don’t forget to dim the lights to a little Barry White and enjoy yourselves!
You forgot to add a nice glass of Courvoisier- Umm Humm- Leon Phelps "The Ladies Man" SNL Circa 2000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkVqJx04Trg

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian

Return to “Football”