Ironton Vs Spring Valley WV?

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: Ironton Vs Spring Valley WV?

Post by MrFirstTake »

Yeah and over the last 10 years the greater catholic league in Cincinnati is the strongest in the United States

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Plus they’re probably never going to play so this is kinda wasteful

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
SEOP2001
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOP2001 »

avalanche wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:14 pm
SEOP2001 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:47 am This discussion has gotten ridiculous. The original question was Ironton vs SV. The answer is simple, SV would beat Ironton easily.
Somehow, the discussion drifted to WV teams vs Ohio teams. You’re talking about a state will 2million people vs one with 10 million people. Of course there are better teams in the much larger state. That’s like comparing Ohio football to football in Texas, California, Florida, Georgia.....
Because SV has triple the amount of students. Why does it need to be a subject? I doubt they would "easily" win, but okay, cool, SV with triple the amount of boys would win. Combine Ironton, CG, and Chesapeake, probably be a different story.

It isn't a fair comparison because WV football, as a state, the quality is not good. Ohio puts its best up against the best in the country, see the Kirk Herbstreit Football Classic. Take a look at the results and see how much Ohio struggles going up against other powerhouses. Ohio more than holds their own with powers across the country.
I agree. My point exactly. Why is it even a topic, especially drifting off into the topic of a state vs another state in football. Stands to reason that a bigger state would have higher quality football. It only matters to washed up former players trying to relive their glory days.
Seriously, I doubt though that Peak and CG would add much of value to Ironton. Ironton has built itself back into a quality program by itself.

SEOP2001
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOP2001 »

SEOP2001 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:57 pm
SEOP2001 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:47 am This discussion has gotten ridiculous. The original question was Ironton vs SV. The answer is simple, SV would beat Ironton easily.
Somehow, the discussion drifted to WV teams vs Ohio teams. You’re talking about a state will 2million people vs one with 10 million people. Of course there are better teams in the much larger state. That’s like comparing Ohio football to football in Texas, California, Florida, Georgia.....
Because SV has triple the amount of students. Why does it need to be a subject? I doubt they would "easily" win, but okay, cool, SV with triple the amount of boys would win. Combine Ironton, CG, and Chesapeake, probably be a different story.

It isn't a fair comparison because WV football, as a state, the quality is not good. Ohio puts its best up against the best in the country, see the Kirk Herbstreit Football Classic. Take a look at the results and see how much Ohio struggles going up against other powerhouses. Ohio more than holds their own with powers across the country.
I agree. My point exactly. Why is it even a topic, especially drifting off into the topic of a state vs another state in football. Stands to reason that a bigger state would have higher quality football. It only matters to washed up former players trying to relive their glory days.
Seriously, I doubt though that Peak and CG would add much of value to Ironton. Ironton has built itself back into a quality program by itself.
I don’t know what you want to use as a measurement, but if you go to SBNation, they rank states by blue chip recruits (which of course doesn’t give a full picture). Ohio is ranked 9th behind CA, Texas, Florida, Georgia, LA, Mississippi, NC, and Alabama.
USAToday lists states with the most D1, FBS/FCS together, players and that has Ohio listed 5th behind Florida, Texas, CA, Georgia, (big drop off) and then Ohio.

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

SEOP2001 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:07 pm
SEOP2001 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:57 pm

I don’t know what you want to use as a measurement, but if you go to SBNation, they rank states by blue chip recruits (which of course doesn’t give a full picture). Ohio is ranked 9th behind CA, Texas, Florida, Georgia, LA, Mississippi, NC, and Alabama.
USAToday lists states with the most D1, FBS/FCS together, players and that has Ohio listed 5th behind Florida, Texas, CA, Georgia, (big drop off) and then Ohio.

I get that. More people more players. I am saying the "quality" of Ohio football is pretty darn good, less people or not. Most top teams in Ohio can compete with just about anyone nationally.

Return to “Football”