Week 12: WOOD BURG

Knowitall222
Waterboy

Re: Week 12: WOOD BURG

Post by Knowitall222 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:01 am
wobycat wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:49 am
Knowitall222 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:08 am

Roflmao you all never run out of excuses but this is a first darn that volleyball team!!!
What are you guys talking about? They won the game, but they looked flat. Minford is a good team by the way. Also while your ROFLMAO ING, check out coach woodwards winning percentage, 84% he's walking out with a win. In the world of betting, that's almost a sure thing.

They are clueless woby!!!!

Long way from clueless,if you don't think using the volleyball team as an excuse for coming out " flat" you are the clueless one LOL.

The volleyball team is done and I'm assuming you all have school all week ,so start digging for that excuse come Saturday night.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Talking football on WTNS with Steve Cores and Casey claxon brought to you by amici’s pizza they do a week 12 breakdown for ridgewood on youtube

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Talking football on WTNS with Steve Cores and Casey claxon brought to you by amici’s pizza they do a week 12 breakdown for ridgewood on youtube

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

I don't make excuses, sometimes you eat the bear sometimes the bear eats you. All that matters the next day is the final score.
Haven't heard that rumor about Cincy player and thanks for the compliment about the Tigers.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

14U wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:33 am
laser breath wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:53 am
frankie wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:10 am

LMAO! True dat, knowitall.
LOL IRONTON winning with four starting new transfers in and a D1 Ohio STATe commit. Let's see how they do when they actually have to coach and develop kids. :lol: :roll:
Word on the streets I been hearing is Ironton got a player from Cincinnati and played at Moeller, any truth to this? Or just people marking this up just because Ironton is good this year! I had people asking me. I said I don’t know and no talk on here about it.
LOL. They gonna need it. Carrico returns and maybe one or two lineman.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Knowitall222 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:45 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:01 am
wobycat wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:49 am

What are you guys talking about? They won the game, but they looked flat. Minford is a good team by the way. Also while your ROFLMAO ING, check out coach woodwards winning percentage, 84% he's walking out with a win. In the world of betting, that's almost a sure thing.

They are clueless woby!!!!

Long way from clueless,if you don't think using the volleyball team as an excuse for coming out " flat" you are the clueless one LOL.

The volleyball team is done and I'm assuming you all have school all week ,so start digging for that excuse come Saturday night.
Considering the entire team went and it was about an 8 hour day to do so. I'd say they were out of routine, plus they had conferences. Routine does affect the student athlete, but they still won the game. If this Burg team plays mistake free football, they can beat anyone in this region. I've seen enough burg teams to make that judgement.
Last edited by wobycat on Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

You mean mistake free football? That goes for most any team unless they are totally out manned.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

frankie wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:18 pm You mean mistake free football? That goes for most any team unless they are totally out manned.
Good catch on the mistake free, fixed it. But yes, I think they are talented enough to win the region. They've been dinged quite a bit on penalties this year. Those are mistakes that can't happen. I would say to beat the good teams they can't have those mistakes. Not sure they have enough horses to overcome that but I think they can hang with anyone if they are doing things well.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Same can be said with every team left. Mistakes are a part of the game you have to deal with, but sometimes you just line up against a better team.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Me and few buddies went to the game and I turned around and ask my buddies if it was me or was Burg looking slow! Or in slow motion they said yes. 1st half penalties cost both teams on offense on drives to score. Second half both teams seemed to adjusted well and looked like two different teams and scored 43 points to just 3 first half points. Burg missed a field goal right before have on their only good looking drive of the 1st half. Neither defense could stop the offense. With a 28-10 lead with under 3 minutes to play Minford had a great return and scored, Burg didn’t put hands people on field for onside kick Minford recovers and scores again then Minford onside kick got good bounces with many falcons touching the ball but burg ended up getting the ball. Final. Burg goes on to face ridgewood, Good Luck Burg play mistake free game, no mental errors. Bring home the W to the area.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

good luck to the pirates represent southern ohio and the SOC

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
victor creed
Varsity

Re: WK12: Wheelersburg v Ridgewood

Post by victor creed »

Paulcrew wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:45 am
Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:13 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:47 pm

Lol was there just 2 teams from Scioto county? And you are playing the team that beat the other Scioto county team.

Not the point. Doesn't matter how many got in. It just that as usually the case, Wheelersburg is the last team from Scioto county playing football every year.
Excellent point! Wheelersburg plays anywhere from 11-15 games per year. No
other team in Scioto county ever does that. Heck, other than Ironton, who hasn’t done it much in past 6-7 years, no area team does this on a regular basis. That is an often over looked reason why The Pirates have been the premiere high school program in the past 15 years. Kids from all over the area want to be a part of winning like that. I was able to witness this at Ironton for parts of three to four decades. If made to tell the truth, neither Ironton or Wheelersburg fan base wants to play each other again this season. Burg would rather get Amanda and most Ironton fans want Ridgewood and the memory of spanking The Pirates earlier this year.

Either way, it’s great for Southern Ohio to have two great football programs and it would be awesome to see both of these schools playing each year for a league title as well.
This. Is a great post. Agree completely

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I'm going to use an old Yogi Berra saying.

The team with the most points at the end of this game will win! You can mark my words!!!!

Burg will have to cut out the dumb late hit penalties. Uncalled for at this time of the year

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Post by hereforthecomments »

laser breath wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:02 pm
laser breath wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:53 am

LOL IRONTON winning with four starting new transfers in and a D1 Ohio STATe commit. Let's see how they do when they actually have to coach and develop kids. :lol: :roll:
Word on the streets I been hearing is Ironton got a player from Cincinnati and played at Moeller, any truth to this? Or just people marking this up just because Ironton is good this year! I had people asking me. I said I don’t know and no talk on here about it.
laser, don’t you ever get tired of talking about the tigers? or are you just that obsessed? pushing the recruiting narrative when you don’t know a thing about any of them or their situations. most of your posts are about the tigers, come join us, we know you want to. :lol: :lol:

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

hereforthecomments wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:11 pm

laser, don’t you ever get tired of talking about the tigers? or are you just that obsessed? pushing the recruiting narrative when you don’t know a thing about any of them or their situations. most of your posts are about the tigers, come join us, we know you want to. :lol: :lol:
It’s not so much how they got there, but that they’re there. I don’t know anything about coaching football but I know I could coach that. Lol

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Was told Wheelersburg had a linebacker from Portsmouth and a kid from Portsmouth west who would be the quarterback next year ? Any truth to this ?

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Larry Fine wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:31 pm Was told Wheelersburg had a linebacker from Portsmouth and a kid from Portsmouth west who would be the quarterback next year ? Any truth to this ?
Yep, got them in the system early in Jr High. We're more about 4-5 year player development than we are one and dones LOL ;)

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

:lol: laser breath exists just to hate the Tigers. Him coaching anything :lol:

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

I'm proud of Ironton and Wheelersburg. I've seen Amanda this year and at times can play well. I think Ironton is better by 2 scores. Wheelersburg is the same way, not consistent. I've waited all year for them to tackle and wrap up folks. What's the deal. Ridgewood will hang a running clock on them if they don't play fundamentally sound football. Just my opinion. I hope the Burg shows up and finally pulls it all together and has a complete game on O and D. If not, it will be a long night.

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Post by hereforthecomments »

laser breath wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:28 pm
hereforthecomments wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:11 pm

It’s not so much how they got there, but that they’re there. I don’t know anything about coaching football but I know I could coach that. Lol
they really just have you so bothered that you bring them up every chance you get. it even says most of your posts come from the ironton outlook forum. i find it quite funny, the tigers are just fine :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”