WK: 11 #6 Minford (7-3) @ #3 Wheelersburg (7-3)

portsmouth_98
All State

Re: WK: 11 #6 Minford (7-3) @ #3 Wheelersburg (7-3)

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:40 am Let's have Portsmouth upset Ridgewood and then the Trojans and the winner of this game can come to Valley for week 12.
Tall task for sure but I'm sure we will do our best. I'd be happy to see anybody in week 12, haven't been there since 2002.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Every time that I want to think that this could be a close ballgame, because of how the first game ended, then I remember how The Burg beat Oak Hill like 55-0 at OH, then a couple weeks later OH beat Minford 17-14 at Minford, I then think why would I even think that this could be a close ballgame. I guess matchups dictate a lot of results, injuries and how you happen to be playing at this time of the season as well. I'm just sure that both teams know each other very well, and that I doubt that there will be very few surprises from either team. I doubt very much that this game will go to overtime, I may be wrong. The Falcons will have to play there best game of the year, and then some to beat the Burg. I know that both teams will lay it all on the line. Lets really hope for an injury free game for both teams.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Well , it's an old saying but sometimes true about common opponents. If you look at the Ashland /Ironton /Burg triangle or the Waverly / Unioto/ Clearcreek triangle it can make you scratch your head.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:35 pm Well , it's an old saying but sometimes true about common opponents. If you look at the Ashland /Ironton /Burg triangle or the Waverly / Unioto/ Clearcreek triangle it can make you scratch your head.
Hmmm 🤔

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I feel like most Minford posters are always wondering which team will show up if your team doesn’t or hasn’t established who they are at this point then they might be in some trouble against the burg. Because it seems burg is getting better every week and Minford is playing up and down

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Wow, Minford stay home, your out of your class here. You have no chance and you all are getting worst each game lol wow Minford 24 Wheelersburg 17 . I predict the Falcons will make amends in this one and then go back to getting worst in week 12

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Yeah I think of the possible burg first round opponents going into week 11 where it looked like it was going to be either Portsmouth wellston Or Minford. I wanted to play Minford the least. I also think burg is playing better than they were the last time they played but Minford is dangerous because they match up very well. They dislike burg so they will probably be more focused all week in practice. And they came out of the last game believing they should have won. Burg will get the same team that showed up last time I think. It’s on wheelersburg to play well and show how far they have come since week 6. Cause if this goes down to the wire even if burg wins. To me it just means they are not good enough to continue much farther

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Burg by 15

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Minford billing this game as “the battle of 823”. Okay?

Y’all can have 823. We’ve got our eyes on other things. 😂
I agree with victor creed. Minford is out to prove something. Burg is a different animal than what they saw week 6. I gaurantee the officiating will be better.
Burgs the word and too much for minford.

Burg 35-14 minford

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Love reading all the talk about this game. Everyone is right in saying that Burg is a lot better than they were in week #6 Horsely has gotten better now that he is the starter which IMO he should have been all along that's not a knock on Masters he is gonna be a very good qb when his time comes. And I am very impressed with #23 Swords he is an impressive down hill runner for just a sophomore also #20 Adkins is having a good season both those players are playing with a lot of confidence now unlike at the beginning of the season and Burgs O-line seems to have found their rhythm. I would have to say I agree with everyone when they say that Burg has improved. I like the Burg in this one so GO BURG! And good luck on an injury free game for both teams

Burg grad 85
Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

The Burg coaches have done a tremendous job with this year’s Pirates. The team seems to have found an identity and are playing with much more confidence. Minford losing to Oak Hill was a head scratcher. I think this is two teams going in different directions and Burg will be able to handle the Falcons this time around.
Go Pirates!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:42 pm Wow, Minford stay home, your out of your class here. You have no chance and you all are getting worst each game lol wow Minford 24 Wheelersburg 17 . I predict the Falcons will make amends in this one and then go back to getting worst in week 12
You were the only one saying that, if you need to motivate everyone go for it. In terms of getting worse each game, I think the record speaks for itself 2-3 in the final 5, 5-0 to start the season, so yeah in my book that's a team that has been trending in the wrong direction.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:02 pm
Prime Time wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:42 pm Wow, Minford stay home, your out of your class here. You have no chance and you all are getting worst each game lol wow Minford 24 Wheelersburg 17 . I predict the Falcons will make amends in this one and then go back to getting worst in week 12
You were the only one saying that, if you need to motivate everyone go for it. In terms of getting worse each game, I think the record speaks for itself 2-3 in the final 5, 5-0 to start the season, so yeah in my book that's a team that has been trending in the wrong direction.
I’m not sure if Minford is getting worse but maybe burg is just becoming the team that most of thought would be.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:10 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:02 pm
I’m not sure if Minford is getting worse but maybe burg is just becoming the team that most of thought would be.
I'm sure it's a bit of both, Burg getting Horsely entrenched at QB was HUGE for them I don't think it would've changed the outcome of the 3 losses given Ironton was the 1st game though. Minford we've all just seen it play out over the years they get this team everyone is banking on beating burg and putting all that pressure on them to be the team to take the SOC title. They play Burg early and Burg pulls out the win however close it might be, and history has showed they simply falter down the stretch. It's going to take a big win from Minford to get rid of the aura that is Burg, they just need to play loose and see how it unfolds. When a team beats you so many years in a row, don't for 1 second think it doesn't take a toll on the players they're hearing from the coaches, their parents, alumni everyone who's been around the organization that hey we haven't beat them since....go out there and get it done.

ohioriverfisher
Waterboy

Post by ohioriverfisher »

I'm going burg by 21. This isnt the 5-0 minford team we saw earlier. Burg has put quite few pieces of the puzzle in the right place since then as well.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Running Clock by the Burg. If the offensive adjustments made in the second half of the Minford game would have made before the game started, Minford would have lost by 21 or more. 45-3 Burg.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Re: WK: 11 Burg vs Minford

Post by NewEra »

scott1297 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:54 pm Minford has some talent to give Burg a little trouble. But IMO it's gonna tough for Minford to Beat Burg at home I just don't see it happening. Burg will have to play their A game to win and if my memory serves me well the game at Minford shouldn't have been as close as it was Burg had way too many penalties that game. But anyway crazier stuff has happened! GO BURG! Can't wait til Saturday The Ed will be rockin! Best Stadium in the area !
No way , if Minford doesn’t fumble first drive they win that game. It absolutely should of been close.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Burg has made the necessary adjustments on offense and seem to have improved immensely since the beginning of the season.

Minford has taken a few steps back starting with the disappointing loss at Oak Hill.

I think Burg sends a message and sets up a great matchup in Week 12 vs. Ridgewood.

Wheelersburg 37
Minford 10

Watching SE Ohio basketball
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I mean there was a few crazy things that happened in that game as I just watched it on litter media on YouTube but just from watching I feel like if the kid from Minford never fumbled first drive maybe the game doesn’t go to over time but you can’t say for sure.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:17 am I mean there was a few crazy things that happened in that game as I just watched it on litter media on YouTube but just from watching I feel like if the kid from Minford never fumbled first drive maybe the game doesn’t go to over time but you can’t say for sure.
Burg had a touchdown called back because of a penalty? If if if if BURG hadn't had so many silly mental mistakes maybe the game wouldn't have been as close? Who knows? That's why they play the game. But i do know that Burg has improved but this is a rivalry game and anything can happen. Burg is gonna have to play error free ball to win this one. Minford has some talent and matches up well with Burg so we will see come Saturday. GO BURG !

Burg grad 85

Return to “Football”