Jackson 70 Centennial 28

ironman02
SEOP

Re: WK 11: D3 R11 - #6 Centennial (9-1) @ #3 Jackson (10-0)

Post by ironman02 »

coyote26 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:30 pm Not that it matters much to this game, but I seem to recall Jackson playing Centennial once, back in the late 80's or early 90's. Can't remember a score, only that it was at the old field.
1989: Jackson 27 - Centennial 19 (at Centennial)
1990: Jackson 42 - Centennial 14 (at Jackson)

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

QB has good size and they have a couple good athletic receivers but they are small in numbers. They are not as quick, speedy and athletic as most City league teams that make the playoffs. Highlights from this year:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... Zr49hvx_9B

* Their opponents are only 34-66 and the North is weak so Jackson should win easily*

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I would expect Jackson to take control of this game in the third quarter and hold on for the victory. I imagine Jackson will be better prepared as a team and in their film study— speed is only an advantage if you’re as equally physical and sound as your opponent. I don’t think Centennial is going to be as physical as Jackson but they’ll be as well-coached.

Centennial may be the best draw Jackson could’ve gotten, but no team is going to come out with as much enthusiasm and excitement as a team making their first playoff appearance. Going forward, I think Centennial is going to be the kings of the (City League) North for the foreseeable future. Great coaching staff they have.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:59 am I would expect Jackson to take control of this game in the third quarter and hold on for the victory. I imagine Jackson will be better prepared as a team and in their film study— speed is only an advantage if you’re as equally physical and sound as your opponent. I don’t think Centennial is going to be as physical as Jackson but they’ll be as well-coached.

Centennial may be the best draw Jackson could’ve gotten, but no team is going to come out with as much enthusiasm and excitement as a team making their first playoff appearance. Going forward, I think Centennial is going to be the kings of the (City League) North for the foreseeable future. Great coaching staff they have.

Been watching film, Centennial is bigger and faster than Jackson. That’s a big advantage but Jackson has football
players. They’re physical , well prepped , chippy, aggressive and love to hit. Centennial probably has the better individuals , Jackson probably has the better team . I’ll say Jackson by 7 at home but it’s a pick em for me .

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Good call. My educated guess from what I’ve seen is that past the couple top teams in the City League South, physicality is at an all-time low.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

I know Im an FAC guy but my old college teammate is the Head Coach here at Centennial. So Im pulling for them. Good guy who has done a lot in the community and the school. He's an alumni who returned to his old hs and has helped them to there first ever playoff and league title great to see things like that.

These guys are a team they have a good staff prepare well and have put alot of work in this summer and are like a family . They will be ready to play a-lot of excitement for them because this is a first. Good Luck to both teams ! I think Im going to make the trip to watch.

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

As a Chillicothe Fan but also someone that has family that plays for Centennial running back luchene Davis I will tell the Jackson fans this Centennial is not your typical City league team this team is very disciplined and can play physical they have a great running game and if Jackson loses contain Davis could run for 200+ yards. For Jackson to dominate this game they will have to go right up the gut Dive,power,trap. Centennial only plays about 20 kids all night but those kids can flat out play ball should be interesting can’t say who wins this one

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

wch125 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:20 am I know Im an FAC guy but my old college teammate is the Head Coach here at Centennial. So Im pulling for them. Good guy who has done a lot in the community and the school. He's an alumni who returned to his old hs and has helped them to there first ever playoff and league title great to see things like that.

These guys are a team they have a good staff prepare well and have put alot of work in this summer and are like a family . They will be ready to play a-lot of excitement for them because this is a first. Good Luck to both teams ! I think Im going to make the trip to watch.
🤦‍♂️ Traitor 😂

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Ohio1234 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:23 am As a Chillicothe Fan but also someone that has family that plays for Centennial running back luchene Davis I will tell the Jackson fans this Centennial is not your typical City league team this team is very disciplined and can play physical they have a great running game and if Jackson loses contain Davis could run for 200+ yards. For Jackson to dominate this game they will have to go right up the gut Dive,power,trap. Centennial only plays about 20 kids all night but those kids can flat out play ball should be interesting can’t say who wins this one
Agree . Notice that of film. They are well coached. Will be a tough assignment for the Ironmen

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Ohio1234 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:23 am As a Chillicothe Fan but also someone that has family that plays for Centennial running back luchene Davis I will tell the Jackson fans this Centennial is not your typical City league team this team is very disciplined and can play physical they have a great running game and if Jackson loses contain Davis could run for 200+ yards. For Jackson to dominate this game they will have to go right up the gut Dive,power,trap. Centennial only plays about 20 kids all night but those kids can flat out play ball should be interesting can’t say who wins this one
You’ve played both teams , you should have a great idea of how they match up. Who would you favor ?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

[/quote

I hope this kid is dynamite. Jackson’s defense has shut down every back they’ve played this year rather easily. This defense is good but they need tested. Coaches need to tell them all week how good Mr. Davis is. They need challenged . Win or lose , that’s what post season football is about, Just how good are you ...

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:24 am
wch125 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:20 am I know Im an FAC guy but my old college teammate is the Head Coach here at Centennial. So Im pulling for them. Good guy who has done a lot in the community and the school. He's an alumni who returned to his old hs and has helped them to there first ever playoff and league title great to see things like that.

🤦‍♂️ Traitor 😂
I accept that lol!

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I’ll have to hit up my people down in Jackson and see if there trying to catch the game. Guy I use to play against from Jackson me and him are really good friends Evan osbourne have to see if him or his brother Alec are around

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

I got to watch both games (well kind of) Centennial handled Chillicothe back before Chillicothe got it figured out but Centennial is very good. The Jackson game I left at half for obvious reasons. The RB for Centennial is a stud. Jackson’s back is very good too. Jackson’s defense is better I think but I don’t know if they can keep Centennial’s back under 100 yards. I doubt they have faced anyone as good as him.

I think Jackson will win at home but they better be ready for a slugfest. Centennial seemed very disciplined. They won’t retaliate with personal foul after personal foul.

Jackson 30
Centennial 28

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck to the ironmen.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Ed Ott wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:11 am I got to watch both games (well kind of) Centennial handled Chillicothe back before Chillicothe got it figured out but Centennial is very good. The Jackson game I left at half for obvious reasons. The RB for Centennial is a stud. Jackson’s back is very good too. Jackson’s defense is better I think but I don’t know if they can keep Centennial’s back under 100 yards. I doubt they have faced anyone as good as him.

I think Jackson will win at home but they better be ready for a slugfest. Centennial seemed very disciplined. They won’t retaliate with personal foul after personal foul.

Jackson 30
Centennial 28
Edd , is Chillicothe always so dirty and undisciplined?

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:16 am
Ed Ott wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:11 am I got to watch both games (well kind of) Centennial handled Chillicothe back before Chillicothe got it figured out but Centennial is very good. The Jackson game I left at half for obvious reasons. The RB for Centennial is a stud. Jackson’s back is very good too. Jackson’s defense is better I think but I don’t know if they can keep Centennial’s back under 100 yards. I doubt they have faced anyone as good as him.

Jackson 30
Centennial 28
Edd , is Chillicothe always so dirty and undisciplined?
I only made it to 5 games, I don’t know was going on at Jackson. I saw Jackson blocking and continuing to block through the whistle. Some of them seemed a bit much but Chillicothe kids would wait until after the play and go swinging or whatever they were doing. Centennial won’t do that but they won’t like that physical blocking until the whistle. I didn’t see Chillicothe acting like that much the other games. I don’t know. Hope that was just a one time thing.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:50 am I’ll have to hit up my people down in Jackson and see if there trying to catch the game. Guy I use to play against from Jackson me and him are really good friends Evan osbourne have to see if him or his brother Alec are around
Alec lives 200 ft away from me lol

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Really I use to come to his house every weekend in high school I was his brother Evans age of course but Alec was always around being crazy. We would drive up to the block in Jackson me and one of my friends from gallia and stay at Evans house after hung out with Bruce Smith and all those guys

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:59 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:50 am I’ll have to hit up my people down in Jackson and see if there trying to catch the game. Guy I use to play against from Jackson me and him are really good friends Evan osbourne have to see if him or his brother Alec are around
Alec lives 200 ft away from me lol
Evan Bruce Smith and Trevin Meredith I believe was his name we’re the guys who would usually be around

Return to “Football”