Burg - Football History

portsmouth_98
All State

Re: Burg - Football History

Post by portsmouth_98 »

loganlocos wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:34 pm
Omega wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:18 pm While we all acknowledge (and many of us are bored with hearing about) Wheelersburg's dominance of SOC football over the last 50 years, the linked website is a great depository of Wheelersburg football history. Such data can add to or highlight story lines about upcoming games. Researching, publishing, and maintaining such a website is obviously a labor of love by someone or many.

Speaking of labor of love, the following link will take you to fourseasonsfootball.com, a site that has extensive season and individual game history records for high schools in Virginia and West Virginia. I wonder if such a resource exists for Ohio?

http://www.fourseasonsfootball.com
That's amazing.

The closest Ohio is Joe Eitel which goes back to 2000.

I have built my own database of EVERY SINGLE ohio playoff game including dates, locations, scores, etc. - but that's just playoff games back to '72.

I'd love to build something like that someday.
We should get together with mattash about that, I have been wanting to do something like that for a while and I'm going to start the data gathering and entry this winter.
I think there are enough of us with tons of history saved that we could start a decent list at the very least for the southeast district.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:03 pm
Omega wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:18 pm While we all acknowledge (and many of us are bored with hearing about) Wheelersburg's dominance of SOC football over the last 50 years, the linked website is a great depository of Wheelersburg football history. Such data can add to or highlight story lines about upcoming games. Researching, publishing, and maintaining such a website is obviously a labor of love by someone or many.

Speaking of labor of love, the following link will take you to fourseasonsfootball.com, a site that has extensive season and individual game history records for high schools in Virginia and West Virginia. I wonder if such a resource exists for Ohio?

That's amazing.

I have built my own database of EVERY SINGLE ohio playoff game including dates, locations, scores, etc. - but that's just playoff games back to '72.

We should get together with mattash about that, I have been wanting to do something like that for a while and I'm going to start the data gathering and entry this winter.
I think there are enough of us with tons of history saved that we could start a decent list at the very least for the southeast district.
Lets do it.

I have every game played by an SEOAL member archived. Meaning while a school was a member of the league, I have every game (league and non-league) for the time they were in the league.

So for Gallia, Jackson, Logan, and Athens I have every game from 1925 until the 2000s.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:03 pm

That's amazing.

I have every game Valley has played.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Ok, I checked out that four seasons website last night, and between that and the old Trojan and Ironton websites I was able to get quite a few games from around 1895 to 1909 on a word file. Unfortunately my inability to work anything into an excel spreadsheet is going to be an issue but my wife is halfway decent with it. Is anyone on here fairly proficient with it, I have no idea how to put games in there and have it make sense. Leaves us with 3 options, #1 Someone has a template ready and can send it to me and see if I make sense of it. #2 I can send them what I have for the first few years and they can make a template from that. #3 Someone is really smart and has even less of a life than me and I can send them the data and they can enter it.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:37 am Ok, I checked out that four seasons website last night, and between that and the old Trojan and Ironton websites I was able to get quite a few games from around 1895 to 1909 on a word file. Unfortunately my inability to work anything into an excel spreadsheet is going to be an issue but my wife is halfway decent with it. Is anyone on here fairly proficient with it, I have no idea how to put games in there and have it make sense. Leaves us with 3 options, #1 Someone has a template ready and can send it to me and see if I make sense of it. #2 I can send them what I have for the first few years and they can make a template from that. #3 Someone is really smart and has even less of a life than me and I can send them the data and they can enter it.
I have a good template. Might want to delete some columns from what I have.

Shoot me a PM with your email address.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

How dare you guys change the subject to something worthwhile. Lol

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

We are still in subject, we are just 40 to 50 years away from the subject of Burg. Don't worry when we start coming across all those losses to Minford and Northwest before Ed Miller we will post them.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

GO BURG

Burg grad 85

Return to “Football”