Will There Be A Coaching Change @ Logan Elm in 2020?

Braves00
Freshman Team

What has happened to Logan Elm football?

Post by Braves00 »

Thoughts?

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Re: What has happened to Logan Elm football?

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

What's the best team in logan elm school history? Or best couple teams? What's the deepest playoff run they've ever had?

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Cyclical? Any downward trends in the local population and student body, or just a few lean years? If I recall the HT-LE game a few weeks ago, Logan Elm simply looked to have fewer players on the roster.

They certainly had a much smaller offensive line, and the running game wasn't there. Made me think back to Cory Heeter and all the damage he did to us carrying the ball for his four years. Braves' passing game was pretty good, but their defense was down. I'm thinking they'll bounce back like Amanda Clearcreek has done.

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

Scott Bartholomew left. Underrated coach

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Bartholomew is a very good coach did he become the coach at Westfall when he left?

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Shoedaddy wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:23 pm Scott Bartholomew left. Underrated coach
Agree completely. Everywhere he has coached, he has done a great job.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I’m pretty sure he was the coach at Westfall when we played against them when I was in school

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:24 pm Bartholomew is a very good coach did he become the coach at Westfall when he left?
He was a t Westfall BEFoRE LE, when they had pretty good playoff runs

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Around 2006-2008 this is when I played against Westfall I’m pretty sure he was there coach then

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Logan Elm's deepest playoff run was to a regional final in Bart's first year, going 0-10 from the previous year to 12-1. Following year they advanced to second round. Most years Bart was there they were competitive in playoffs, with the exception being the Thurgood Marshall game when they snuck in at 6-4.

Numbers look better in junior high if they keep on playing into high school, so I see this eventually getting turned around. Seventh-grade just completed an undefeated season, where they smacked a number of teams they played. Have about 25-28 kids in that class. Eighth-grade has been competitive for the most part. About 16-18 kids there from what I've been told. Often times they were playing a combined team.

Coming into this season, I felt the best case scenario was going 6-4 and realistically between 4-6 to 5-5. Getting shutout on the road by Morgan, who is notoriously one of the worst teams in eastern Ohio was a horrible loss. Locals will also not excuse loss to Circleville that snapped the Tigers' 15-game losing skid. If Logan Elm won those two games, that would have put them at 4-6.

Issue is this team doesn't have much depth and when they lost a couple of their better players it really took a toll.

This downturn in Logan Elm football was predicted. I had folks telling me the last two years that LE made the playoffs that there would be several pretty lean years ahead, due to decreasing numbers and depth issues because injuries happen every season. It's football.

Let's face it, the MSL is not a very good football league right now and the bottom four teams are really, really struggling. You look at Hamilton Township, who's going to finish fourth and their four wins so far are over 2-7 Logan Elm, 2-7 Bexley, 1-8 Circleville and 0-9 Fairfield Union. Completely non-competitive in their game at Teays Valley.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

bman wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:21 pm Logan Elm's deepest playoff run was to a regional final in Bart's first year, going 0-10 from the previous year to 12-1. Following year they advanced to second round. Most years Bart was there they were competitive in playoffs, with the exception being the Thurgood Marshall game when they snuck in at 6-4.

Numbers look better in junior high if they keep on playing into high school, so I see this eventually getting turned around. Seventh-grade just completed an undefeated season, where they smacked a number of teams they played. Have about 25-28 kids in that class. Eighth-grade has been competitive for the most part. About 16-18 kids there from what I've been told. Often times they were playing a combined team.

Coming into this season, I felt the best case scenario was going 6-4 and realistically between 4-6 to 5-5. Getting shutout on the road by Morgan, who is notoriously one of the worst teams in eastern Ohio was a horrible loss. Locals will also not excuse loss to Circleville that snapped the Tigers' 15-game losing skid. If Logan Elm won those two games, that would have put them at 4-6.

Issue is this team doesn't have much depth and when they lost a couple of their better players it really took a toll.

This downturn in Logan Elm football was predicted. I had folks telling me the last two years that LE made the playoffs that there would be several pretty lean years ahead, due to decreasing numbers and depth issues because injuries happen every season. It's football.

Let's face it, the MSL is not a very good football league right now and the bottom four teams are really, really struggling. You look at Hamilton Township, who's going to finish fourth and their four wins so far are over 2-7 Logan Elm, 2-7 Bexley, 1-8 Circleville and 0-9 Fairfield Union. Completely non-competitive in their game at Teays Valley.

Good info...thanks!

sykesb2
Freshman Team

Post by sykesb2 »

I believe Scott is still the Defensive Coordinator under his son at Bloom Carroll

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Shoedaddy wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:42 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:24 pm Bartholomew is a very good coach did he become the coach at Westfall when he left?
I'm not sure how many years that he was the coach, but before the LE or Westfall jobs, he was head coach at Oak Hill for a few years. I wasn't around this area then, but I was told that he had a lot of success when he was OH's Head Coach.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Correct, Bart is helping out Wade over at Carroll still.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Gotta give some credit to the kids and coaching staff tonight for a heck of an effort against Amanda, only trailing 7-6 late in the third. With the season the kids have been through, it would have been easy to go through the motions, but they played a good game, the staff did a nice job and even though they fell short they showed character that will serve those kids well in the most important game of all - life.

Braves00
Freshman Team

Will There Be A Coaching Change @ Logan Elm in 2020?

Post by Braves00 »

Thoughts?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Will There Be A Coaching Change @ Logan Elm in 2020?

Post by formerfcfan »

Jesus, man.

Braves00
Freshman Team

Post by Braves00 »

What it’s a honest question he’s gone 1-9 1-9 and 2-8 this year

Braves00
Freshman Team

Post by Braves00 »

And another thing he came from a small school in Millersport who doesn’t have football anymore

Braves00
Freshman Team

Post by Braves00 »

He’s had 1 or 2 winning seasons @ Logan Elm

Return to “Football”