SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK9 Meigs @ Wellston

Post by Ironman92 »

14-6

Old*rocket
JV Team

Post by Old*rocket »

U got be kidding me did wellston forget how play ball? No way should be down in this game

Old*rocket
JV Team

Post by Old*rocket »

Update

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

14-14

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

22-14 Wellston

GRF
Waterboy

Post by GRF »

Congratulations to the Rockets on the win. Meigs definitely played their hearts out. Wellston was very fortunate to win. Meigs did not play like a 1/7 team. Thanks to the seniors for their leadership.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Wellston 42 - 34 Meigs

Post by mattash »

Wellston 42 - 34 Meigs

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
pomeroy panther
Waterboy

Post by pomeroy panther »

So sick of losing...

pomeroy panther
Waterboy

Done with Marauder football. And I’ve been a fan for 40+ years. Time to move on to a new team. Wish my children would’ve never attended this place either. So embarrassing

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

pomeroy panther wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:17 pm Done with Marauder football. And I’ve been a fan for 40+ years. Time to move on to a new team. Wish my children would’ve never attended this place either. So embarrassing
Hit the bricks! We don’t need you and your shite attitude.

pomeroy panther
Waterboy

MarauderMadness wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:43 pm
pomeroy panther wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:17 pm Done with Marauder football. And I’ve been a fan for 40+ years. Time to move on to a new team. Wish my children would’ve never attended this place either. So embarrassing
Hit the bricks! We don’t need you and your shite attitude.
We’ve literally won one game and we just lost to Wellston.. WELLSTON like wth is going on. I just don’t know what to do anymore, we can even win more than one game and it’s so pathetic and I’m just so messed up over this I don’t even know who I am anymore. I’m a marauder at heart but this season is messing with my head. I feel sick and I’m just so tired of losing maybe I should just take a break but we need a change. What if we never come back from this, what if we suck from now till forever then I’m gonna have to find a new school so I don’t go insane I just can’t stand to watch it anymore can someone please jist help with this my heads a mess

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Ok
Let’s step off the bridge
Have you counted all the underclass men playing?
Even the Cleland kid is a sophomore

I agree it’s been a tough year but this too shall pass

pomeroy panther
Waterboy

MarauderMadness wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:50 pm Ok
Let’s step off the bridge
Have you counted all the underclass men playing?
Even the Cleland kid is a sophomore

I agree it’s been a tough year but this too shall pass
I just don’t think I can go on like this....

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

pomeroy panther wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:15 pm So sick of losing...
Does your mind go back when Pomeroy played Wellston? Only won 15 out of 36

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

itsme wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:20 pm
Middleport won about (25%) of all SEOAL football titles (9) in the 38 years they were in the league before the consolidation and Rutland had some good team records even though they didn't play in the league so that's not the problem. Most districts in SEO have lost enrollment especially over the last 20 years but Meigs has slowly just kept going backwards in athletics overall competitively more than many similarly sized schools. A lot of old money, businesses, good families and community supporter's that were around for decades have died off over the years and their children have relocated and moved away for various reasons and this combined with the loss starting in the 60's of the railroads, foundries, plants, mines and factories has left the area a pretty desolate place today. The times & priorities for kids have changed over the years but the days are long gone down there where you see kids of all ages on a whim out playing pickup games of wiffle ball, tackle football or basketball games at different places on their own in this district now. I visit frequently and never see kids anywhere other than the Middleport or Pomeroy ball parks for town little league games. There are a few kids yearly that play travel baseball , basketball or softball but some of these teams are based counties away which doesn't help your home school district at all come league time for team sports, although it can make your kid better. Anyway, rant over but I don't see it getting better at Meigs anytime soon but i hooe i'm wrong.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:25 am
Middleport won about (25%) of all SEOAL football titles (9) in the 38 years they were in the league before the consolidation and Rutland had some good team records even though they didn't play in the league so that's not the problem. Most districts in SEO have lost enrollment especially over the last 20 years but Meigs has slowly just kept going backwards in athletics overall competitively more than many similarly sized schools. A lot of old money, businesses, good families and community supporter's that were around for decades have died off over the years and their children have relocated and moved away for various reasons and this combined with the loss starting in the 60's of the railroads, foundries, plants, mines and factories has left the area a pretty desolate place today. The times & priorities for kids have changed over the years but the days are long gone down there where you see kids of all ages on a whim out playing pickup games of wiffle ball, tackle football or basketball games at different places on their own in this district now. I visit frequently and never see kids anywhere other than the Middleport or Pomeroy ball parks for town little league games. There are a few kids yearly that play travel baseball , basketball or softball but some of these teams are based counties away which doesn't help your home school district at all come league time for team sports, although it can make your kid better. Anyway, rant over but I don't see it getting better at Meigs anytime soon but i hooe i'm wrong.
Middleport won 17 out of 35 games against Wellston.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:25 am
Middleport won about (25%) of all SEOAL football titles (9) in the 38 years they were in the league before the consolidation and Rutland had some good team records even though they didn't play in the league so that's not the problem. Most districts in SEO have lost enrollment especially over the last 20 years but Meigs has slowly just kept going backwards in athletics overall competitively more than many similarly sized schools. A lot of old money, businesses, good families and community supporter's that were around for decades have died off over the years and their children have relocated and moved away for various reasons and this combined with the loss starting in the 60's of the railroads, foundries, plants, mines and factories has left the area a pretty desolate place today. The times & priorities for kids have changed over the years but the days are long gone down there where you see kids of all ages on a whim out playing pickup games of wiffle ball, tackle football or basketball games at different places on their own in this district now. I visit frequently and never see kids anywhere other than the Middleport or Pomeroy ball parks for town little league games. There are a few kids yearly that play travel baseball , basketball or softball but some of these teams are based counties away which doesn't help your home school district at all come league time for team sports, although it can make your kid better. Anyway, rant over but I don't see it getting better at Meigs anytime soon but i hope i'm wrong.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Return to “Football”