Drop Kick Rule

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Drop Kick Rule

Post by I-TownFanatic »

What is this all about? Ironton tried it last week but im confused about the rule.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Re: Drop Kick Rule

Post by Jack Sparrow »

From espn.com

version of a place kick or extra point. The drop kick remains in the NFL's official rule book, even though it hadn't been successfully converted in decades. Rule 3, Section 8 defines the drop kick as "a kick by a kicker who drops the ball and kicks it as, or immediately after, it touches the ground."

Hadn’t seen it eons

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
CaelSanderson
Waterboy

Post by CaelSanderson »

Doug Flutie did it in 2006 for the Patriots for a PAT.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Waverly's backup kicker has attempted 2 drop kicks PATs (failed) this season during mop up duty. He is the starting holder and is a lefty kicker and Waverly has not really trained another holder to hold for him so he attempts drop kicks. He made a successful drop kick PAT in a JV game 2 years ago.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

what confuses you about the rule? points? one for PAT, 3 for field goal

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

Paulcrew wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:24 am what confuses you about the rule? points? one for PAT, 3 for field goal
Probably not well versed or even aware of the rule and therefore the confusion. Similar to a free kick after fair catch. Both things in the rules that are seldom if ever seen.

Doing the right thing is rarely easy.
14U
S

Post by 14U »

Paulcrew wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:24 am what confuses you about the rule? points? one for PAT, 3 for field goal
Paulcrew. Last time I saw that done was when you did it against the Guards!! Lol.
Last edited by 14U on Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

14U wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:52 am
Paulcrew. Last time I saw the done was when you did it against the Guards!! Lol.
I had to explain it to the guards

Return to “Football”