October 11, 2019 Oak Hill 0 - 55 Wheelersburg

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Re: Oak Hill - Wheelersburg

Post by Bobbbbbb »

packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:55 pm Larry, you're cute, but not smart,just the kinda girl everybody wants to meet when it's 4th and long.
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Larry Fine wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:14 pm Wheelersburg wins then bangs their chest about how they are back and should’ve beat Ironton and Jackson .
Why?? Simply got beat by 2 teams that were better than they were at the time. Remember they're still playing for a SOC title, to which they just knocked off one of the top contenders to the crown. I get it you're trolling the Burg fans but let's be realistic at least in what you are referencing.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Larry Fine wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:14 pm Wheelersburg wins then bangs their chest about how they are back and should’ve beat Ironton and Jackson .
I promise you the players and the coaches are humble and hungry, wanting to improve every week. This year more than any other is about how you finish.

fox_40
Waterboy

Post by fox_40 »

Sounds like Oak Hill will want to be physical. Burg will need to improve tackling and stop flying in at ball carriers ankles. They are hitting people and the yards after contact is still a problem. Burg will need to set the edge this week and not get sucked in as they have in several other games. They seem to still have problems at the CB spots. D played better against a good Minford team. Still have problems with a few players that don't like contact or playing physical and teams are starting to throw when those players are in the game. Seems that Burg is having problems running the spread this year because of a lack of kids not being able to catch many passes and several other things. They look better in the run game and seem to give teams match up problems in that style. Seems like a good point in the season to work on things you do well and not try to be who your not. I'm sure the coaching staff will continue to work on things to get better!

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

#34 for Burg seems to be getting more time at fullback and I'm liking Burg's offense with Horsley at QB. I've been saying a more run heavy offense would suit this team better. Many options in the backfield and the line to win the line of scrimmage. Experimenting against Oak Hill would be smart, dont think the Oaks can beat them regardless.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

burgfella69 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:19 am #34 for Burg seems to be getting more time at fullback and I'm liking Burg's offense with Horsley at QB. I've been saying a more run heavy offense would suit this team better. Many options in the backfield and the line to win the line of scrimmage. Experimenting against Oak Hill would be smart, dont think the Oaks can beat them regardless.

He looked really good at LB also. Kid has a nose for the ball and hits hard.

fox_40
Waterboy

Post by fox_40 »

I agree with both of you! 34 seems like he will play hard and physical. Looks like he is a great option for them at FB and LB. I know they have been working some other kids at LB that look good too! Horsley at QB in this style offense is a plus. Hope to see them use 7 a little more as I think he will be the QB the next three years. 14 is nice athlete too but he might be better in the slot or at WR because he can catch and is very athletic. I like the idea of working kids in that might be young but are not worried about playing physical. This Burg team has several kids playing that do not want to play physical...but people are finally being physical with Burg. Over the years Burg teams have taken pride in being very physical and having fast players for each position. I would like to see Burg go with a run heavy but involve the TE more along with the Slot. The motion in the backfield seems to help us run the ball a lot better and allows us to run down hill!

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

If the coaches don't address the holding calls and dumb mistakes they should be taken to the woodshed.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

#34, Jay holsinger,he keeps improving each week. Played a good game at lb this past week.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

packers80 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:25 am #34, Jay holsinger,he keeps improving each week. Played a good game at lb this past week.
What grade ?

gle300
Riding the Bench

Post by gle300 »

Burg big in this one. 35-0

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

One of the positive things is there are some underclassmen getting some good playing time this year due to unfortunate injuries and this senior class has a lot of experience to help the ones that have came in to play thru the season. The seniors stepped up and proved this team is better than people are giving them credit for. The lone junior on the offensive line is the only one starter there we will have back next year. If they can put the other pieces of the line together next year we should be pretty good again due to younger ones getting the playing time on offense and defense. Linebacker spot and corners that have came in have done a pretty decent job for not having any varsity experience with the first half of the season with the schedule they had to play.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:27 am
packers80 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:25 am #34, Jay holsinger,he keeps improving each week. Played a good game at lb this past week.
What grade ?
He is a junior

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

4thgoal wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:28 am
Poo Bear wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:27 am
What grade ?
He is a junior
Thanks

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

fox_40 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:57 am Sounds like Oak Hill will want to be physical. Burg will need to improve tackling and stop flying in at ball carriers ankles. They are hitting people and the yards after contact is still a problem. Burg will need to set the edge this week and not get sucked in as they have in several other games. They seem to still have problems at the CB spots. D played better against a good Minford team. Still have problems with a few players that don't like contact or playing physical and teams are starting to throw when those players are in the game. Seems that Burg is having problems running the spread this year because of a lack of kids not being able to catch many passes and several other things. They look better in the run game and seem to give teams match up problems in that style. Seems like a good point in the season to work on things you do well and not try to be who your not. I'm sure the coaching staff will continue to work on things to get better!
Fox

The kids that can catch aren’t getting the ball. That’s probably due to lack of QB experience. 25, 29, 10 and 11 are your best receivers. Schedule for the first 5 has been brutal for some of the kids without experience.
6 at qb is a nice option, But I think it’s just a few packages. Only one corner we have likes contact from what I’ve seen, 10.

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

#3 is a junior and got a few starts because of injuries likes contact too he's just a little small but doesn't back down from anyone. Had 9 tackles in the Jackson game. #4 is a sophomore that has had some time at corner too. He is very athletic just needs to learn how to tackle and he will be fine also next season.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Just asking. Has anyone ever given any thought as to whether or not, we as Posters on this Site, should be calling out Kids by there Numbers and even by there Names, as to whether or not they are physical enough to be playing this game? I'm just not sure that any of us should be doing that.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Yh8awinner wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:51 pm #3 is a junior and got a few starts because of injuries likes contact too he's just a little small but doesn't back down from anyone. Had 9 tackles in the Jackson game. #4 is a sophomore that has had some time at corner too. He is very athletic just needs to learn how to tackle and he will be fine also next season.
3 is a gamer. Haven’t seen enough of 4 other than the greenup game. Didn’t do well in that one....

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:21 pm Just asking. Has anyone ever given any thought as to whether or not, we as Posters on this Site, should be calling out Kids by there Numbers and even by there Names, as to whether or not they are physical enough to be playing this game? I'm just not sure that any of us should be doing that.
I agree
I’m not sure if it’s any better but I will call out the entire team or maybe a position group but never a player

will_eye_am74
Waterboy

Post by will_eye_am74 »

#WTF
Last edited by will_eye_am74 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Football”