Barnesville 13 - 34 Warren

beg003
All Conference

Re: October 4, 2019 Barnesville 13 - 34 Warren

Post by beg003 »

enigmaax wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:26 pm
mattash wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:03 pm Warren on pace for there best season ever? Not sure of there history.
No, Warren had a good couple year run in the mid-80s and then again in the mid-90s (not sure about before that). Some 9-win seasons in there. Never made the playoffs (and obviously won’t this season), but it could be the best season in a decade or so.

Also, they just threw a flag on the Warren bus for delay of game.
Best team we’ve had in a long, long time. Would take this one vs the 09 team.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Could be. Won’t be easy to match the 7 wins of that team. There are no gimmes for a program trying to dig itself out like this. Regardless of what happens the rest of the way, it is a refreshing improvement.

I believe there was a season when the current group of juniors was in Junior High (don’t remember if it was 7th or 8th grade) and they were literally the only Warren team among 7th, 8th, 9th, JV, & Varsity to win a football game the entire season. I think they may finally be to the point where they are their own team and the past really means nothing. And that is a big credit to the coaching staff, both the new guys who came in and the guys that a lot of this group grew up with.
Last edited by enigmaax on Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

enigmaax wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:46 pm Could be. Won’t be easy to match the 7 wins of that team. There are no gimmes for a program trying to dig itself out like this. Regardless of what happens the rest of the way, it is a refreshing improvement.

I believe there was a season when the current group of juniors was in Junior High (don’t remember if it was 7th or 8th grade) and they were literally the only Warren team among 7th, 8th, 9th, JV, & Varsity to win a football game the entire season. I think they may finally be to the point where they are their own team and the past really means nothing. And that is a big credit to the coaching staff, both the new guys who came in and the guys that a pot of this group grew up with.
From the improvements they’ve shown the last two weeks, I think they’re the favorite vs Belpre and Alexander. Next week will be a dogfight from the git go.

Warrior92
Riding the Bench

Post by Warrior92 »

I agree with the officiating comments. Unbelievable calls.
Good job to the coaches for keeping their kids heads in this one. It’s hard when coaches and fans are yelling because of some of those terrible calls, And we were winning!!
On the bright side crappy officiating and still won by 21. Warrens defense played really well and I haven’t seen the game stats but they shut their run game down. Big fourth down stop and a interception in the end zone. Those were huge plays.
Next week will be tough but I have to like our chances.

Anyways great game by the Warriors and let’s get ready for next week!!!

Go Blue!!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Nice win

Return to “Football”