SEOPS Hippo

Re: D-1 Prospects in South Eastern Ohio

Post by Ironman92 »

Why can’t people let stuff go?

the shadow
Waterboy

Post by the shadow »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:03 pm Why can’t people let stuff go?
Why you and little standing up for public transport for? That username basically called Ruby’s parents idiots, yet here we are.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Based off your theory I’d be sticking up for myself, right?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

the shadow wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:33 am
Why you and little standing up for public transport for? That username basically called Ruby’s parents idiots, yet here we are.
I haven’t the foggiest idea who public transport is. I assume you think it’s mlittle. This thread is confusing to say the least.

I have zero negative words about Ruby or his family so yo can stop with that.

public_transport
Waterboy

Post by public_transport »

Your words not mine. I’m just speaking from my experience and mistakes I’ve made along the way.

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

Just my two cents worth. Camps cost money, AAU cost money, All star games cost money, equipment cost money, personal coaches or extra training cost money, recruiting services or video editors cost money, and every parent will pay those extra cost if they think it gives there kids a chance to better themselves at something they love. if a parent cant afford it most of those things have ways to help with raising money for the kids who can not afford it. Fund raisers, discounted due to hardship, or even have it paid by donors. I have scene all of those with my own eyes for all star games, camps, and aau functions. Sometimes as little as car pooling or splitting a room with someone who can't afford it. That is one thing that makes me love sports is the people you meet who want to better all the kids not just there own. Lets not tear each other or any athlete down on here but rather uplift them and if we have a chance to help them let do it no matter what school they are from or who there parent is or isn't

My personal experience is I had a whole team of parents helping me yelling at me and for me and helping if I needed a ride to a camp somewhere or game somewhere or even a college visit that my single parent couldn't make because they had to work that day. The old saying it takes a community to raise a kid and even more so if that kid is an athlete.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Show me where I stood up for public transport. Let’s see it. I’m here on the edge of my seat waiting. I’m completely against his stance. If they want to pay a large sum for a huge all-star game/showcase why would I care? I’d much rather that then going to all the visits/showcases/combines all over the place for multiple summers.....that would cost way more money and way more time.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:14 am
Show me where I stood up for public transport. Let’s see it. I’m here on the edge of my seat waiting. I’m completely against his stance. If they want to pay a large sum for a huge all-star game/showcase why would I care? I’d much rather that then going to all the visits/showcases/combines all over the place for multiple summers.....that would cost way more money and way more time.
And regardless of another persons opinion it doesn’t make it right or wrong. It’s all subjective

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Can we please get back on subject?

the shadow
Waterboy

Post by the shadow »

mlittle wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:53 am Based off your theory I’d be sticking up for myself, right?
Only the Shadow knows!

the shadow
Waterboy

Post by the shadow »

When you stood up for little

JohnDenver
Riding the Bench

Post by JohnDenver »

Paid all-star games are what they are. My personal opinion is they take advantage of kids and parents but each family has to do what is best for their kids.

JohnDenver
Riding the Bench

Post by JohnDenver »

THEbuckeyes wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:42 pm Who are the kids in southeastern Ohio getting some looks at D-1 programs?

Here are a few I see from games I have scene. (warning I am giving the kids the benefit of doubt here) Some of the younger kids have to get bigger faster stronger but they may have one aspect such as speed or just size that scouts look for...… maybe need to work on footwork or technique just throwing out some names for fun and I haven't watched a ton of games this year.

Gallia Academy
JR's
Armstrong 5'10" 190 lbs I like him as a DB at a bigger school but I think he could play slot at a MAC or conference USA school
Starns 6'5" 300 lbs I watched him against the Licking Valley kid that went to Iowa State and he looks the part and does things right he is D1 for sure in my eyes.

Freshman
Clary 6'6" -6'7" 285 He has long arms, quick feet and good hands. He needs work and age but he has the tools to be a big time prospect.

Ironton
JR

Carrico 6'3" 230 Linebacker We all know the story and he deserves all the awards he receives he is the real deal

Portsmouth
SR

Parker 5'10" 195 I like Parker as a slot receiver maybe a DB don't know how physical he will be as a DB but I don't know if he is a RB at the next level I would like to see more downhill running out of him this season as time goes on

Nelsonville York

SR 5'9" 185 most likely a DB at Ohio when he gets there. They have him listed as an athlete.

Lets here what everyone thinks
The kids from GA are long shots. Armstrong is fast and that is why he is getting looks. Still needs to work on his game to compete at that level.

I hope Carrico doesn't get lost in the shuffle at OSU. It will be a HUGE jump in competition from playing in the OVC. He will have a lot of work to do but he does have the skill set to make it there.

Parker will be fine.

It will be interesting to see what OU will do with Keegan.

The Waverly QB may play at a small D1 school.

Icenhower and Spires from Jackson could be playing DI-AA ball.

Is the QB from Athens getting any looks yet?

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

JohnDenver wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:36 pm
THEbuckeyes wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:42 pm Who are the kids in southeastern Ohio getting some looks at D-1 programs?

Here are a few I see from games I have scene. (warning I am giving the kids the benefit of doubt here) Some of the younger kids have to get bigger faster stronger but they may have one aspect such as speed or just size that scouts look for...… maybe need to work on footwork or technique just throwing out some names for fun and I haven't watched a ton of games this year.

Gallia Academy
JR's
Armstrong 5'10" 190 lbs I like him as a DB at a bigger school but I think he could play slot at a MAC or conference USA school
Starns 6'5" 300 lbs I watched him against the Licking Valley kid that went to Iowa State and he looks the part and does things right he is D1 for sure in my eyes.

Freshman
Clary 6'6" -6'7" 285 He has long arms, quick feet and good hands. He needs work and age but he has the tools to be a big time prospect.

Ironton
JR

Carrico 6'3" 230 Linebacker We all know the story and he deserves all the awards he receives he is the real deal

Portsmouth
SR

Parker 5'10" 195 I like Parker as a slot receiver maybe a DB don't know how physical he will be as a DB but I don't know if he is a RB at the next level I would like to see more downhill running out of him this season as time goes on

Nelsonville York

SR 5'9" 185 most likely a DB at Ohio when he gets there. They have him listed as an athlete.

Lets here what everyone thinks
The kids from GA are long shots. Armstrong is fast and that is why he is getting looks. Still needs to work on his game to compete at that level.

I hope Carrico doesn't get lost in the shuffle at OSU. It will be a HUGE jump in competition from playing in the OVC. He will have a lot of work to do but he does have the skill set to make it there.

Parker will be fine.

It will be interesting to see what OU will do with Keegan.

The Waverly QB may play at a small D1 school.

Icenhower and Spires from Jackson could be playing DI-AA ball.

Is the QB from Athens getting any looks yet?
Wilburn will play in the slot on offense

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

the shadow wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:36 am

When you stood up for little
pt said $3500 to play in all-star game or whatever...then you talk about empty mansions??? I assume you are about mlittle as he seems to get everyone worked up....but you were doing it at public transport (who I don’t know who that is)

mlittle didhis thing on here and made some Piketon people mad. He has moved away and moved on. He hasn’t bashed on Piketon in a long time that I’ve read. He’s on here a lot and makes a lot of harmless jokes. His kid’s team just beat their old school pretty good and I don’t think he said a word about it...had Unioto lost 10 random names that never post would’ve been on here tucking it up at his expense......so I simply ask why people can’t let stuff go? Nothing has to do with Ruby who I agree with.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I don’t know if Gallia has any D1 kids. What I do know is they have several kids that have the grades and the skills that will allow them to further there athletic career and education.

And don’t think that you can ask for much more then that.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

An example of this would be kole carter. Not the greatest QB in Gallia history. But has been pretty successful at capital and is a captain in his senior year there as a safety. Plenty of recent blue devils with similar stories. Justin mccellend is also a freshman playing at capital.

TomcatFootball11
Freshman Team

Post by TomcatFootball11 »

mattash wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:31 pm Any of the Trimble kids getting looked at ?
I believe Sawyer Koons is getting looked at by OU.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Does Makya Matthews hold any D1 offers? Toledo maybe?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

burgfella69 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:30 am Does Makya Matthews hold any D1 offers? Toledo maybe?
Ivy League schools but I think they only offer academic scholarships. Unless that’s changed

Return to “Football”