Wheelersburg 21 - 20 Minford

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Re: Week 6: SOCII Burg @ Minford

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Burg is still a dang good football team. If Minfords Linebackers show up like they have the first few weeks it will be a good game. If they tackle like they have they last 2 games it will be a long night. So I’m not giving a prediction because it’s a toss up. Like any game it will come down to who can protect the ball better.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

It's conference time now which equates to 5 good sit down meals before playoff time.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:42 am Well here we go what a lot of Minford fans have been waiting for. I do believe this could be a close game, however my worries are all the pressure is on Minford.
I disagree, W'burg is the one who all the pressure is on b/c another loss really means basketballs are in their near future. Burg has still yet to find an identity on the offensive side of the ball. Also, I'm hearing that Mathews took another big shot to his knee at the end of the Jackson game and isn't 100%.

If Minford can set the edge and contain, they'll be fine. Wilmington had a huge, athletic offensive line, bigger than Jackson's, and Minford's DL/LB's held their own with them. As another poster said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Burg run a Wishbone and try to power run the ball until Minford stops them. This group of Minford kids will be focused and fired up to play, don't anyone worry about that.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Burg Bias wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:10 pm Not the start to the first half of the season any Burgites expected but all of the team’s goals are still in front of them: win the SOC, qualify for the playoffs, win a playoff game, win the region, win the state. *Some of those goals are optimistic but every team should have them. The young guys have had their trial by fire with the tough non-league schedule so I think they’ll be fine now. Gotta bring their ‘A’ game every week though.
Go Burg!
Young ? WB has a senior line , a senior tailback , a senior fullback . Looks like they quit in Jackson game just like Ironton

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Larry Fine wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:30 pm
Burg Bias wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:10 pm Not the start to the first half of the season any Burgites expected but all of the team’s goals are still in front of them: win the SOC, qualify for the playoffs, win a playoff game, win the region, win the state. *Some of those goals are optimistic but every team should have them. The young guys have had their trial by fire with the tough non-league schedule so I think they’ll be fine now. Gotta bring their ‘A’ game every week though.
Go Burg!
Young ? WB has a senior line , a senior tailback , a senior fullback . Looks like they quit in Jackson game just like Ironton
Just can't get those Pirates out of your head, huh? I love it...they are a fascinating group!

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

callie15 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:15 am The Burg loves the pass but no qb and no receivers how can this be a winning combination.
To the players who read this site...remember the internet gives a voice to total idiots who you wouldn't pay the least bit of attention to in real life. If they're not in the locker room...they're a non factor. Do it for the guys next to you...your brothers...celebrate your brother and his successes...pick each other up when you get down, love one another! And remember, smooth seas never made sturdy Pirates...real ones know how good you guys really are.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Larry Fine wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:34 pm WB is 2-4 since spy gate scandal with 4 blowouts losses and 1 lucky overtime win.
I love how everyone thinks this is why we are struggling. What would the “mighty” falcons record be or any other team in the area be with ironton, hartley and blazer as the first three games. They would started 0-3.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

callie15 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:29 am Burg doesn't have a offense. or a defense, should be 1 and 4 now.
What about the “mighty” falcons or anyone else in the area. They would have started 0-3 with the first three games we played

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:55 pm
callie15 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:29 am Burg doesn't have a offense. or a defense, should be 1 and 4 now.
What about the “mighty” falcons or anyone else in the area. They would have started 0-3 with the first three games we played
This guy has nothing to do with Minford so that can stop.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Might have something to do with years of burgfans getting on here predicting running clocks on everybody week after week
Burgs down and people are going to make sure everyone knows it

LOMBARDI9.9
Riding the Bench

Post by LOMBARDI9.9 »

Hope Minford brings their A GAME and never look back. It's just Wheelersburg

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

That may be true but I’m not sure what Callie said is incorrect

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

JTEK wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:17 pm
That may be true but I’m not sure what Callie said is incorrect
Hey Dogg: FYI, Callie15 is a Wheelersburg poster, so why don't you take it up with him in the PM area?1?!?!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

I’ll predict a running clock. Most non burg fans are jealous and like to hate the best program in southern Ohio.

Minford has played no one!

Burg 42-6

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

laser breath wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:39 pm I’ll predict a running clock. Most non burg fans are jealous and like to hate the best program in southern Ohio.

Burg 42-6
Could very well happen.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

laser breath wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:39 pm I’ll predict a running clock. Most non burg fans are jealous and like to hate the best program in southern Ohio.

Burg 42-6
You're delusional, Minford handled D3 Wilmington who's line was much bigger and athletic than Jackson's or Ironton's. This year, Wilmington has beat Miami Trace and last week Washington Court House, who are usually two good program. Go ahead and underestimate Minford and predict a blow out, b/c your arrogance will be to your demise.

Also, FYI, I hate to burst your bubble, but Wheelersburg is not that best program in Southern Ohio small school football, so get over yourself. That title belongs to the Clinton-Massie Falcons who just beat Hartley for the second year in a row 24-14. 2018 the score was Massie 34-31.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

vladimir wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:50 pm

Burg 42-6
You're delusional, Minford handled D3 Wilmington who's line was much bigger and athletic than Jackson's or Ironton's. This year, Wilmington has beat Miami Trace and last week Washington Court House, who are usually two good program. Go ahead and underestimate Minford and predict a blow out, b/c your arrogance will be to your demise.

Also, FYI, I hate to burst your bubble, but Wheelersburg is not that best program in Southern Ohio small school football, so get over yourself. That title belongs to the Clinton-Massie Falcons who just beat Hartley for the second year in a row 24-14. 2018 the score was Massie 34-31.
Check your record books. 4th all time winning percentage in Ohio. Wilmington? Never heard of them.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

laser breath wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:51 pm

Burg 42-6

Check your record books. 4th all time winning percentage in Ohio. Wilmington? Never heard of them.
Clinton Massie would destroy Wheelersburg 9/10 seasons .
Not even comparable.

Old lineman
Waterboy

Post by Old lineman »

I believe Minford can win this game if the community doesn't hype it, treat it like week 6. Over the past 40 years I know of this game is over hyped by the community, and student body. When that kind of pressure is put on a teenage athlete and then that young athlete makes a small error, it's magnified in their minds 10 times and they are already trying to play over their abilities. Best game plan is to focus on your assignments, play to the best of your abilities, just like the week before and after, one play , one down at a time

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

laser breath wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:51 pm

Burg 42-6

I believe the overall series belongs to Ironton, and much like Hartley did, Massie would mop the floor with Burg's behind by halftime. So there are two programs who are better then your, "Best program in So. Ohio" proclamation. lol! Get over yourself man!

Return to “Football”