Adena 28 - 21 Unioto

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Adena 28 - 21 Unioto

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Adena. Good win over a good team, after a tough loss to Paint Valley.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

A really solid win for Adena. The win had Adena at number two in the region.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Unioto will beat Paint Valley for the three way tie. But wait, what about Southeastern?
It’s gonna get interesting.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:14 am Unioto will beat Paint Valley for the three way tie. But wait, what about Southeastern?
I’m in the same place Waverly fans were after week 3. Befuddled at what happened last night. But we can’t be thinking about a share of a league title. We cant even look past ZT Friday.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:24 am
smurray wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:14 am Unioto will beat Paint Valley for the three way tie. But wait, what about Southeastern?
I’m in the same place Waverly fans were after week 3. Befuddled at what happened last night. But we can’t be thinking about a share of a league title. We cant even look past ZT Friday.

I POSTED THIS ON OUR AMANDA GAME THREAD (we were befuddled with what happened against Unioto - but this is why it happened):

This game showed the importance of Shanks, even at just 50-60%. Everybody was comparing this game to the Unioto game. Waverly was not prepared for what was going to happen in the Unioto game: Shanks had taken a couple bad hits the week before at Zane Trace and was probably at about 40% entering the Unioto game. Most of his passes were off early and everyone was wondering how he was even playing. Then he went down and out, still in the first quarter. Waverly had not prepared that week to do anything else other than having Shanks. The wheels fell off and that game is now history.
Shanks was out and they knew he would be out for the Fairland game so they made preparations all week for Shoemaker to be in the wildcat - success as we all know. Amanda had no idea what to plan for - will Shanks be back, is he out, will Shoe be in the wildcat, etc. etc.

Shanks had two weeks (from the Unioto game to last night) to get back to the 50-60% he was at last night. The OFFENSIVE LINE did an amazing job keeping him upright, protected & clean in order for him to deliver those strikes to his talented and athletic receivers. I can only remember one bad throw and the rest were tight and on target. Can you imagine if Shanks was at 100%??????

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

I don’t quite understand putting in a Freshman QB to lead to attempt a 94yd game winning drive. Doughty is going to be a good one, but that’s a huge situation.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

se-alum wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:28 am I don’t quite understand putting in a Freshman QB to lead to attempt a 94yd game winning drive. Doughty is going to be a good one, but that’s a huge situation.
Little was hurt in the series before. It was his right arm and he lost feeling in his hand. The most befuddling was the amount of combined carries little and Carrol had

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

mlittle wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:37 am
se-alum wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:28 am I don’t quite understand putting in a Freshman QB to lead to attempt a 94yd game winning drive. Doughty is going to be a good one, but that’s a huge situation.
Little was hurt in the series before. It was his right arm and he lost feeling in his hand. The most befuddling was the amount of combined carries little and Carrol had
I know the QB is your son, is he okay now? What do you mean about the combined carries, did they not have very many carries? Lots of football to still be played in the league.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

Unioto defense couldn’t get Adena off the field. Adena possessed the ball more than 18 minutes in second half. There weren’t a lot of carries to he had

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:48 am
I know the QB is your son, is he okay now? What do you mean about the combined carries, did they not have very many carries? Lots of football to still be played in the league.
Yes, he will be fine thank you. And yes not very many carries. They combined for 12 carries total

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:10 pm

Yes, he will be fine thank you. And yes not very many carries. They combined for 12 carries total
The two best players combined for 12 carries the entire game????

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

UNIOTO ADENA
21 SCORE 28

16-81 RUSHING (ATTEMPTS-YARDS) 48-217
9-24-148 PASSING (COMPLETIONS-ATTEMPTS-YARDS) 10-13-160
5-30 PENALTIES-YARDAGE 6-45
3 TURNOVERS 1
15:01 TIME OF POSSESSION 32:59

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:24 pm

Not sure I would say the 2 best players but the 2 players that have been responsible for over 90% of our offense up to this point in the year combined for 12 carries, yes.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Gotcha. I was listening on the radio and knew he was still playing but at WR. Thanks for the clarification!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:37 pm

Not sure I would say the 2 best players but the 2 players that have been responsible for over 90% of our offense up to this point in the year combined for 12 carries, yes.
Maybe I spoke too soon on “best”, but ya I knew those two had been responsible for “most” of the offense up to that point.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:38 pm

Maybe I spoke too soon on “best”, but ya I knew those two had been responsible for “most” of the offense up to that point.
I know what you meant, lol. A lot of talented kids on that football team.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:00 pm

Thats like we voiced displeasure with Will Futhey’s 2 touches at Fairland last week. Hopefully there’s a highlight reel put together of his 5 TD catches last night. 3 of them wouldn’t be caught by very many HS kids around here and the 4th he drug defenders into the end zone from about 10 yards out..... The young man is already a beast!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:47 pm
mlittle wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:00 pm

Thats like we voiced displeasure with Will Futhey’s 2 touches at Fairland last week. Hopefully there’s a highlight reel put together of his 5 TD catches last night. 3 of them wouldn’t be caught by very many HS kids around here and the 4th he drug defenders into the end zone from about 10 yards out..... The young man is already a beast!
With his size and Shanks touch that should happen quite often at this level. Good for him tho, I watched a few of the clips and field level he looks like a monster. Hard to tell that from the bleachers.

Carroll and little should be combining for 30+ carries a game. We have a dominant line and a couple pretty good backs. We should be cramming it down teams throats. We didn’t establish the run against VC and we barely escaped. We didn’t establish the run against Amanda we lost. We established the run against Waverly we dominated. We struggled a bit with Piketon getting cute with the pass (15 attempts 1st half). 2nd half we didn’t attempt a pass and ran it all over them. We won, by a lot. Adena we never established the run and we lost. I’m not a coach but there is a big enough sample size (5 games) to see a pattern here. Just gotta keep it simple. That being said we were still in this game at the end with a chance to win. I have confidence that we’ll be able to make the necessary adjustments moving forward so we can be in the hunt for the svc title. GO TANKS!

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Surprised me

Return to “Football”