TVC Hocking will be NO MORE sooner than later.....

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: TVC Hocking will be NO MORE sooner than later.....

Post by EasternDspy »

Binary wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:58 pm Below will be the TVC in a few short years. The ball has been rolling on this for a while and is gaining steam as we speak. The listed schools have just been waiting to see if any other schools followed Wahama's suit. So, as soon as Miller announced their impending exodus the phones started ringing again among these schools:

Alexander
Belpre
Federal-Hocking
Meigs
Nelsonville-York
Vinton County
Trimble
Wellston

If Federal-Hocking declines an invite the group will pursue Fort Frye and then Oak Hill if FF declines. If you're looking for a reason I'll offer this: the schools listed from the Ohio Division don't want to continue to lose league titles to Athens in pretty much everything but football; and all the schools listed are growing weary of common sense decisions being blocked by the schools not listed.

With Hocking falling apart look for Shenandoah , Fort Frye and Caldwell to try to pull Waterford , Belpre and Rosecrans into a new league.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:24 pm
Binary wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:58 pm Below will be the TVC in a few short years. The ball has been rolling on this for a while and is gaining steam as we speak. The listed schools have just been waiting to see if any other schools followed Wahama's suit. So, as soon as Miller announced their impending exodus the phones started ringing again among these schools:

Alexander
Belpre
Federal-Hocking
Meigs
Nelsonville-York
Vinton County
Trimble
Wellston

If Federal-Hocking declines an invite the group will pursue Fort Frye and then Oak Hill if FF declines. If you're looking for a reason I'll offer this: the schools listed from the Ohio Division don't want to continue to lose league titles to Athens in pretty much everything but football; and all the schools listed are growing weary of common sense decisions being blocked by the schools not listed.

With Hocking falling apart look for Shenandoah , Fort Frye and Caldwell to try to pull Waterford , Belpre and Rosecrans into a new league.
Can't see Belpre making that trip to Zanesville. They'll stay in the TVC, plus they are a charter member.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

NY Tomcat wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:34 pm

Alexander
Belpre
Federal-Hocking
Meigs
Nelsonville-York
Vinton County
Trimble
Wellston

Can't see Belpre making that trip to Zanesville. They'll stay in the TVC, plus they are a charter member.
Trip to Zanesville is not bad up 77.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:33 pm

It’s actually a shorter trip for Belpre than South Gallia is currently.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

How far, it is 69 miles to SG. Just wondering how far

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:28 pm How far, it is 69 miles to SG. Just wondering how far
73 miles .....1 hr 22min according to google maps

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Earliest that a school can withdraw from the MVL is 2023-2024? Right?

One distant possibility of either a TVC addition or a new shoot-off league with Ft Frye and others could be Morgan.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Dundas wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:53 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:33 pm

It’s actually a shorter trip for Belpre than South Gallia is currently.
Actually, mileage wise it's essentially the same and Belpre hates that trip. That's one reason SG won't be invited to the new league. They can join Eastern, Southern and RV in searching for a new league. Maybe Waterford will join them?

Lucky Charms
Freshman Team

Post by Lucky Charms »

I am all in on an SVAC revival
We would rule the roost in that league except for boys basketball
I bet almost champions and leave no doubt would love it too

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Lucky Charms wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:52 am I am all in on an SVAC revival
We would rule the roost in that league except for boys basketball
I bet almost champions and leave no doubt would love it too
Yes I'm sure Danny would love this idea. Those Tomatoes are all about winning championships in basketball. :mrgreen:

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Alexander
Belpre
Federal-Hocking
Meigs
Nelsonville-York
Vinton County
Trimble
Wellston

I don't see Belpre interested in this solely because of Rosecrans.

I do think the TVC needs to get off their butts and extend invites to Fort Frye to the Hocking and Warren to the Ohio asap.
Last edited by Mister Bee on Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Fort Frye and Warren for sure

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

This is what the TVC will look like soon, I hope:

Alexander
Belpre
Meigs
Nelsonville York
Trimble
Vinton County
Wellston
To even it out add: Warren or Oak Hill or Fort Frye

The way things are going we could get this done by next football season. Let's get moving on it now.

TCAT1000+
Waterboy

Post by TCAT1000+ »

That is mostly all the schools that wanted to league to split back in 93! Why would they want that now? So basically, your kicking Athens out (who has brought money and great competition to the league) and put Trimble and Belpre back in the Ohio. Trimble will play anybody, we don't care who it is. However, it is crazy how I see people always saying things about Athens being much bigger and then turn around and have their team in a league with Trimble who routinely is one of the smallest in the State.

The TVC Hocking is just fine with Wahama and Miller leaving. It will allow those teams the scheduling flexibility they need. Teams are now able to schedule based on their needs instead of who has an open game any given week. The biggest the league needs is a league assigner for varsity contest. They may already have one, I am not sure. The best thing that can happen is nothing.

And just remember its not just about football either. Believe it not, there are other sports being played.

MarauderMadness wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:11 am This is what the TVC will look like soon, I hope:

Alexander
Belpre
Meigs
Nelsonville York
Trimble
Vinton County
Wellston
To even it out add: Warren or Oak Hill or Fort Frye

The way things are going we could get this done by next football season. Let's get moving on it now.

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Mister Bee wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:29 pm

Alexander
Belpre
Federal-Hocking
Meigs
Nelsonville-York
Vinton County
Trimble
Wellston

I do think the TVC needs to get off their butts and extend invites to Fort Frye to the Hocking and Warren to the Ohio asap.
Some Warren people want back in but the administration will not vote for it because they say they will have egg on their face because of leaving years back.They left because they thought they were to big and good for the tvc but found out they couldn’t complete in most of the sports.

:roll: cats :roll:
enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

ttomcat 80 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:19 am

...but the administration will not vote for it because they say they will have egg on their face because of leaving years back.
100% false.

Also, I doubt it was a matter of being “too good.” It did make sense to group with schools closer to your own size, especially as the number of classes increased. Why people are so butthurt, even 30 years later is a little mind-boggling.

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

I have to agree with Tomcat 1000.The Hocking should be even better now for scheduling.Four non league games is perfect.You can schedule up or down,and there’s more sports than football.

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

ttomcat 80 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:19 am

Some Warren people want back in but the administration will not vote for it because they say they will have egg on their face because of leaving years back.They left because they thought they were to big and good for the tvc but found out they couldn’t complete in most of the sports.
The folks at Warren who made the decision to leave the TVC are dead and buried so they don't factor into this. The reason they left was because in the early 80's, when only the top 2 teams in the region made the football playoffs, Warren watched NY and Belpre make the playoffs. Warren, because of their size, had to go 10-0 AND hope they could get help to get in the playoffs.

The SEOAL offered them better competition vs schools their size but, at least in football, they were never competitive enough to compete for a league title or make the playoffs. With 8 teams making the regional playoffs in football, they could come back to the TVC and get enough points to get into the post season.

Time to bring Warren back into the fold in the Ohio and Fort Frye in the Hocking.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

With all this talk about team in this arrangement how are you getting rid of Athens?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”