Union Local 0 - 41 Warren

Warrior92
Riding the Bench

Re: WK5 Union Local v Warren

Post by Warrior92 »

Lets quit talking about Belpre!!!

Warren has a few big games before they get to them. If Warren can improve on their run defense, and I think they can with moving a few players around in the right spots, they will be more effective at stopping the run.

IMO I think they should put more guys on the D line and crash the gaps and please have the ends contain the outsides.(stack the box). When a team is struggling at stopping the run, it should be your goal is to make the other team beats you through the air, if they can.
For crying out loud, you don't have to blitz every down just close up the holes .
Heck you don't have to be a great blocker on offense, just get in their way and stay there until the whistle blows.
They have the athletes!! How bad do they want to win?

A small side note, Good job to the warrior qb and the O LINE the other night. Everyone remembers the interceptions but they don't realize he Threw 53 times in the game. 420 yards of offense. that's pretty good on any night. By the way I'm not the qbs dad, just a fan. :D
Go Blue!!

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Warrior92 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:08 pm Lets quit talking about Belpre!!!

Warren has a few big games before they get to them. If Warren can improve on their run defense, and I think they can with moving a few players around in the right spots, they will be more effective at stopping the run.

IMO I think they should put more guys on the D line and crash the gaps and please have the ends contain the outsides.(stack the box). When a team is struggling at stopping the run, it should be your goal is to make the other team beats you through the air, if they can.
For crying out loud, you don't have to blitz every down just close up the holes .
Heck you don't have to be a great blocker on offense, just get in their way and stay there until the whistle blows.

A small side note, Good job to the warrior qb and the O LINE the other night. Everyone remembers the interceptions but they don't realize he Threw 53 times in the game. 420 yards of offense. that's pretty good on any night. By the way I'm not the qbs dad, just a fan. :D
Go Blue!!
Very true, sorry for getting off topic. The main thing I have noticed is the lack of inside fill and flow by the linebackers to the ball. OLBs set a decent edge last game, but there was no help inside. If this can be addressed, it will help immensely.

Warrior92
Riding the Bench

Post by Warrior92 »

beg003 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:20 pm

Go Blue!!
Very true, sorry for getting off topic. The main thing I have noticed is the lack of inside fill and flow by the linebackers to the ball. OLBs set a decent edge last game, but there was no help inside. If this can be addressed, it will help immensely.
I agree. I would like to see them go more towards a 5-2 defense. It just doesn't seem as Warren's D line is not getting much push off the ball. They have their moments, but they just can't do it play after play. They improved last year about half way through. Let's hope they do the same this year.

Go Blue!!!

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Warrior92 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:37 pm
beg003 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:20 pm

Go Blue!!
I agree. I would like to see them go more towards a 5-2 defense. It just doesn't seem as Warren's D line is not getting much push off the ball. They have their moments, but they just can't do it play after play. They improved last year about half way through. Let's hope they do the same this year.

Go Blue!!!
I think this would be the week to try it. Weakest opponent of the year right before a huge two game stretch with Barnesville and Williamstown, both of whom will try to pound the ball. The players have good coaching, they just need to trust it and each other. But at the end of the day, players have to make plays.

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Warren has basically given up as many points as they have scored while going 2-2.

This is Union Local, 0-4, scored a total of 20 points.

Warren gets win #3 rather easily but some where along the way vs somebody they have to start making some quality stops on the defensive side of the ball. But that shouldn't matter vs the Jets.

Good luck and good health to both teams.

BHS78
Riding the Bench

Post by BHS78 »

I'll take Warren by 10

WWBBB
Freshman Team

Post by WWBBB »

Game day!!!! Not sure how many people are going, but if someone could keep this page updated it would be nice for those of us who will be stuck at the fairgrounds......LETS GO BIG BAD BLUE!!!! Get win #3!!

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

WWBBB wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:37 am Game day!!!! Not sure how many people are going, but if someone could keep this page updated it would be nice for those of us who will be stuck at the fairgrounds......LETS GO BIG BAD BLUE!!!! Get win #3!!
I will do updates.

WWBBB
Freshman Team

Post by WWBBB »

enigmaax wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:18 am
WWBBB wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:37 am Game day!!!! Not sure how many people are going, but if someone could keep this page updated it would be nice for those of us who will be stuck at the fairgrounds......LETS GO BIG BAD BLUE!!!! Get win #3!!
I will do updates.
Thanks

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Warren forces a fumble on 3rd down of UL's first possession & recovers on the 15.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Taylor 14 pass to Evan Gandee on 3rd down for a TD. PAT good.

Warren 7 UL 0

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

UL goes 3-and-out. Warren with the ball on their own 42.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Warren moved the ball inside the 30, then penalties and a sack forced a punt. UL with the ball on their own 5.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

UL QB broke a 30 yard run on 1st down. Then Warren defense pushes them back 13 yards on the next three plays. Warren ball on their own 27 after the punt & a Warren penalty on the return.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Taylor 60 yard TD pass to Evan Gandee. PAT good.

Warren 14 UL 0
0:30 left in the 1st
Last edited by enigmaax on Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

UL runs their backup QB or something about 7 straight plays & gains a few 1st downs. Warren defense tightens up a bit and Evan Gandee intercepts a 4th down pass on the Warren 10. About 36 Warren penalties negate a nice return.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Gerber grabs 24 yards. Taylor to Welch goes 27 on the next play. Gerber picks up another 1st down on two straight runs.

After a PI call against UL in the end zone put the ball on the 10 or so, UL recovers a fumble.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

UL gets backed up to the 3, then punts. Warren on the UL 34 with about 2 minutes left in the half.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

On 4th down from the 29, Simoniette takes a reception inside the 10, then gets a personal foul. Next play, Taylor with nice moves for 18 on the ground to the 4.

Gerber 3 yard TD on 3rd down. PAT good.

Warren 21 UL 0
0:14 2nd

Now halftime.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Warren moved the ball into UL territory on the first 2nd half possession, then goes backward. Then goes further backward (25 yards) on a bad punt snap. UL ball on the Warren 30.

Return to “Football”