Wheelersburg 34 Ashland 33

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Re: WK3 Ashland (KY) @ Wheelersburg

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Rosco wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:30 pm Burg can’t throw. Load the box and make them beat you in space all night. They can’t do it without Matthews.
We will throw. And you will believe

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Ice Pick 22
Waterboy

Post by Ice Pick 22 »

Rosco wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:30 pm Burg can’t throw. Load the box and make them beat you in space all night. They can’t do it without Matthews.
Hey Rosco p coaltrain

Come watch it big boy. Load that box. Air raid coming....

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:37 pm
12gauge wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:19 pm My,my my Wheelersburg fans complaining about other people (non Burgites) posting on their thread,ain't that special. You reap what you sow boys and girls

Gee, just checked the ironton vs. Fairland thread and not one Burg fan on there bashing Ironton on it. Did see Burg's name mentioned at least 5 or more times.

Admit it, you all are ate up with the Burg. It just rolls off the tongue so easy. Say it with me

THE BURG!!!!!!!!!!!
2019 ironton preseason thread,might want to check that out.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

I've read so many past threads and remain neutral to this day. But I would like to say something. I know there's friendly smack talk... But never let it get out of hand. Because you know that the players read the posts on this site as well. I have the utmost respect for our SEOPs.. But I sort of feel like leading a positive example shows we have respect for not only ourselves but as well as others. We know that Wheelersburg has had some issues with injuries and it really disappoints me. I pray for a quick and speedy recovery for those young men. I wish the best for the Pirates. As for anyone getting on the posts of Burg.. Coming in saying they're down and we did this and that.... Just remember that the ones doing the criticism was in that position in one way or another in the Past... I just don't believe bashing is the way to get points across not just for Wheelersburg... But for ANY Team ANYWHERE. There's a way about being classy. Hopefully my rant hasn't annoyed anyone. But I hope for a good competitive game on Friday with no injuries. And stay hydrated everyone!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Valenth wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:37 pm I've read so many past threads and remain neutral to this day. But I would like to say something. I know there's friendly smack talk... But never let it get out of hand. Because you know that the players read the posts on this site as well. I have the utmost respect for our SEOPs.. But I sort of feel like leading a positive example shows we have respect for not only ourselves but as well as others. We know that Wheelersburg has had some issues with injuries and it really disappoints me. I pray for a quick and speedy recovery for those young men. I wish the best for the Pirates. As for anyone getting on the posts of Burg.. Coming in saying they're down and we did this and that.... Just remember that the ones doing the criticism was in that position in one way or another in the Past... I just don't believe bashing is the way to get points across. There's a way about being classy. Hopefully my rant hasn't annoyed anyone. But I hope for a good competitive game on Friday with no injuries. And stay hydrated everyone!
Nice to see intelligence still exists

Bashing is fair. And I agree the fanbase deserves some. It’s the constant trolling — 8 to 10 posts in a row which say the same things over and over that get old. Some Ironton posters and some Wheelersburg posters have a very high level of respect for each other and have gone back and forth at a fun level. As a moderator I simply have tried to keep 1 poster from turning this into his narcissistic playground.

And the players do read this. And last year I found out that most every coach reads these.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Well knowing this to ALL Players in Southeast Ohio that reads this... You guys represent our communities and towns. We know you play hard and have respect for others as well as the game. Show the rest of the state and others the Class and Pride that we have for Our Communities! Best of luck for the rest of this year! 😀

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

The talk of Burg's demise is way premature. Hartley would've done the same thing they did to Burg to every other SE Ohio team. No doubt Burg not as strong as they've been last couple of years (how could they be without Holden and Salyers?), but they still got time to right the ship and I think it starts this week.*

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I think this is a really good team healthy. Might be in the minority but they may be underachieving. Time will tel.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:43 pm
Valenth wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:37 pm I've read so many past threads and remain neutral to this day. But I would like to say something. I know there's friendly smack talk... But never let it get out of hand. Because you know that the players read the posts on this site as well. I have the utmost respect for our SEOPs.. But I sort of feel like leading a positive example shows we have respect for not only ourselves but as well as others. We know that Wheelersburg has had some issues with injuries and it really disappoints me. I pray for a quick and speedy recovery for those young men. I wish the best for the Pirates. As for anyone getting on the posts of Burg.. Coming in saying they're down and we did this and that.... Just remember that the ones doing the criticism was in that position in one way or another in the Past... I just don't believe bashing is the way to get points across. There's a way about being classy. Hopefully my rant hasn't annoyed anyone. But I hope for a good competitive game on Friday with no injuries. And stay hydrated everyone!
Nice to see intelligence still exists

Bashing is fair. And I agree the fanbase deserves some. It’s the constant trolling — 8 to 10 posts in a row which say the same things over and over that get old. Some Ironton posters and some Wheelersburg posters have a very high level of respect for each other and have gone back and forth at a fun level. As a moderator I simply have tried to keep 1 poster from turning this into his narcissistic playground.

And the players do read this. And last year I found out that most every coach reads these.
I agree 100%. There is some ironton posters on here and back in the days of JJ that I have the utmost respect for but there are some who I have absolutely no respect for. Same goes for the other teams on our schedule. It’s good to see that there is still some good on this site

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Same goes for the Burg posters

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

wobycat wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:58 pm I think this is a really good team healthy. Might be in the minority but they may be underachieving. Time will tel.
I agree with you. I think leadership on the field is what they need. They need someone to step up in a big way to get everyone going in the same direction. I think that is the key here.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:58 pm I think this is a really good team healthy. Might be in the minority but they may be underachieving. Time will tel.
I agree. I think it’s just a matter of getting kids healthy and in the right place to be successful.

As for this game. If the fans can bring positive energy and be loud, the players will feed off that. I think the pirates get it together this week and pull out the win. 20-14

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

It’s time to right the ship!

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

wobycat wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:36 pm XandO will be on the bench for one day.
So, for the record as well as site guidelines, I was essentially "benched" for one day because a certain fanbase needs to be coddled or was there a legitimate and cited violation on my behalf per the guidelines that I am unaware of? And if such is the case why has it not been administered consistently?

I would appreciate some clarity when possible.

Thanks.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190911-195459_Chrome.jpg

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandO72 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:58 pm
So, for the record as well as site guidelines, I was essentially "benched" for one day because a certain fanbase needs to be coddled or was there a legitimate and cited violation on my behalf per the guidelines that I am unaware of? And if such is the case why has it not been administered consistently?

Thanks.
Sure no problem. I'll explain it using an analogy.

There are fans who boo at refs at basketball games but also cheer, scream, and yell when their team does good. Then there are fans in the gym that are usually drunk, whom excessively yell at refs, whom are generally louder than the pa announcer. Currently you are that fan.

I'm a burg fan moderator and usually hang in those threads but there are other moderators who are not burg fans who will ban the pirate fans whom reciprocate what you were doing.

If you need an actual example for clarity, it was your post that was directed toward burg with the crying baby.

buckeyeball
Waterboy

Post by buckeyeball »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:53 pm Would like to see more of a passing game with short passes in the middle. Who is the Burg TE? Need to get him involved.

Liked how well the Swords kid ran as well as the Sanderlin kid. Maybe put him in the backfield for some reps or start him at QB. He ran strong when he was in there. His one pass was right on target on a crossing pattern. I believe it would have been a catch had not the defender ran into him. PI was called but it was still a nice thrown ball.
Sanderlin also was playing against JV at that point . He had more time to throw at that point. Masters never had a chance to throw .They was in the back field in seconds . He throws a nice ball . Swords ran the ball great tho . Swords ran extremely hard against Hartley. If he can do that against them, I’m hopeful to see what he can do against other teams.

buckeyeball
Waterboy

Post by buckeyeball »

Valenth wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:37 pm I've read so many past threads and remain neutral to this day. But I would like to say something. I know there's friendly smack talk... But never let it get out of hand. Because you know that the players read the posts on this site as well. I have the utmost respect for our SEOPs.. But I sort of feel like leading a positive example shows we have respect for not only ourselves but as well as others. We know that Wheelersburg has had some issues with injuries and it really disappoints me. I pray for a quick and speedy recovery for those young men. I wish the best for the Pirates. As for anyone getting on the posts of Burg.. Coming in saying they're down and we did this and that.... Just remember that the ones doing the criticism was in that position in one way or another in the Past... I just don't believe bashing is the way to get points across not just for Wheelersburg... But for ANY Team ANYWHERE. There's a way about being classy. Hopefully my rant hasn't annoyed anyone. But I hope for a good competitive game on Friday with no injuries. And stay hydrated everyone!
I don’t believe that could have been expressed any better .

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:17 pm

Thanks.

There are fans who boo at refs at basketball games but also cheer, scream, and yell when their team does good. Then there are fans in the gym that are usually drunk, whom excessively yell at refs, whom are generally louder than the pa announcer. Currently you are that fan.

I'm a burg fan moderator and usually hang in those threads but there are other moderators who are not burg fans who will ban the pirate fans whom reciprocate what you were doing.

If you need an actual example for clarity, it was your post that was directed toward burg with the crying baby.
Well, I disagree but I see no reason to debate it. I know the climate now. Appreciated.

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

XandO72 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:31 pm

Thanks.

Well, I disagree but I see no reason to debate it because it is just gonna amount to you using your "power" again. I know the climate now. I appreciate the response.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandO72 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:32 pm
XandO72 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:31 pm

Well, I disagree but I see no reason to debate it because it is just gonna amount to you using your "power" again. I know the climate now. I appreciate the response.
Sounds good

Return to “Football”