Final: Bishop Hartley 44 Wheelersburg 6

FBfan007
Waterboy

Re: Final: Bishop Hartley 44 Wheelersburg 6

Post by FBfan007 »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:27 pm Once again the Burg fans are trying to point the finger at the “Haters” instead of accepting the fact that Wheelersburg fan base has created this dislike. “We just Reload”, “Best Coaching Staff in State”, “Tradition Never Graduates”, etc. LMAO!!

At the end of the night Wheelersburg is no different than any other school or any other community. They have their ups and downs. They are not as good this year. But they still have a chance to win the league since the league is not very good this year.

The difference is Wheelersburg posters are masters of flipping the script. Example: A couple years ago Waverly was suppose to have a decent team was was beat to death with starters out, Wheelersburg killed them. The attitude was “If you are a good program you develop depth, Waverly should have depth and one or two players out should not cause you to be that bad”. This year, “Well we lost a couple starter against Ironton then another starter earlier against Hartley. It was just too much to over come!” Another example “Last year in Madison game, Burg posters expressed what a masterful job Burg coaches did against Madison. “Just out coached them”. Burg was clearly the more talented team with a lot more weapons. This year when Wheelersburg was clearly out-coached in Game One, Burg posters “It’s easy to out coach a team when you are the more talented team”. LMAO!!

Hopefully the Wheelersburg posters will now get on here and prove my point by trying to flipping the script. “We are just supporting our team! We are just passionate! You are just a hater!” LMAO!!
Nunley, Mathew Miller, drew Blair, makya Matthew's, evan horsley, hunter ruby, carson Williams went out early shaken up, you get the point. That's 7 starters. If that happens to Itown, which I hope it doesn't, how do you think the Russell game would have panned out. And 5 of those starters go both ways.

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

FBfan007 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:43 pm
ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:27 pm Once again the Burg fans are trying to point the finger at the “Haters” instead of accepting the fact that Wheelersburg fan base has created this dislike. “We just Reload”, “Best Coaching Staff in State”, “Tradition Never Graduates”, etc. LMAO!!

At the end of the night Wheelersburg is no different than any other school or any other community. They have their ups and downs. They are not as good this year. But they still have a chance to win the league since the league is not very good this year.

The difference is Wheelersburg posters are masters of flipping the script. Example: A couple years ago Waverly was suppose to have a decent team was was beat to death with starters out, Wheelersburg killed them. The attitude was “If you are a good program you develop depth, Waverly should have depth and one or two players out should not cause you to be that bad”. This year, “Well we lost a couple starter against Ironton then another starter earlier against Hartley. It was just too much to over come!” Another example “Last year in Madison game, Burg posters expressed what a masterful job Burg coaches did against Madison. “Just out coached them”. Burg was clearly the more talented team with a lot more weapons. This year when Wheelersburg was clearly out-coached in Game One, Burg posters “It’s easy to out coach a team when you are the more talented team”. LMAO!!

Hopefully the Wheelersburg posters will now get on here and prove my point by trying to flipping the script. “We are just supporting our team! We are just passionate! You are just a hater!” LMAO!!
Nunley, Mathew Miller, drew Blair, makya Matthew's, evan horsley, hunter ruby, carson Williams went out early shaken up, you get the point. That's 7 starters. If that happens to Itown, which I hope it doesn't, how do you think the Russell game would have panned out. And 5 of those starters go both ways.

Need to develop some depth next year

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

FBfan007,
LMAO!! Good Try ..... but Wheelersburg fans are the ones that said “If you are a good program we should develop depth!” LMAO!! Sounds like there are some internal fighting within the Wheelersburg fan base! FBfan007 doesn’t believe his own fans that “A good program develops depth”! LMAO!!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Larry Fine wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:47 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:45 pm
XandO72 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:31 pm

Burg was NEVER who the burg base claimed they were in the pre season. #OverRated
And ironton is not what you hype them up to be.. simple facts.
Ironton was never picked to beat Wheelersburg. Only a few Ironton people really believed that.
This simply isn't true at all, even pre-season rankings had Ironton ranked ahead of Burg, why would that be the case if they thought burg was going to beat them week 1?? I'm not a fan of either team but my pre-season rankings had Ironton as the #2 team I believe it was behind Jackson in the area. So the fact that Ironton beat a down Burg team was no shocker at all. I think the shock to people was the final score. Most wanted to see what Ironton could do with burg in week 1, but most people I spoke with truly believed ironton to be the better team going into that game. You could see the improvements made from ironton last year, and with burg graduating one of their best group of athletes was going to be tough to truly gauge how burg would be this year. So not sure if you're still trying to play the little man card, us vs the world stuff but don't make more of burg and ironton that what it was a game where the better team won. Did ppl truly believe Burg was going to keep beating Ironton from here on out?? It's the same with OSU and Michigan and I'm a huge OSU fan but I know at some point the little brother up north is going to get a win or go on a run of their own. Probably not with Harbaugh but you get the point. Plenty of people picked Ironton to win and fewer outside of the true burg faithful thought that burg was going to win this game.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

It’s enjoyable to see just how much those Pirates are still in the forefront of you people’s minds...lol...in the best start to a season your team has had in quite some time but HERE you all are...thinking, worrying, and commenting about our Pirates...I love it 😘

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

LMAO!! Good Try!! “I love it! 😘”! Another Burg poster trying to flipping the post. “People are still talking about Burg! I love it!”. LMAO!

Typical Burg poster!!! I knew somebody would help prove my point!!! LMAO!! Thanks!! 😂😂😂

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:16 pm LMAO!! Good Try!! “I love it! 😘”! Another Burg poster trying to flipping the post. “People are still talking about Burg! I love it!”. LMAO!

Typical Burg poster!!! I knew somebody would help prove my point!!! LMAO!! Thanks!! 😂😂😂
Anytime friend...HERE on the Burg vs Hartley post you still are...thinking and commenting about our Pirates...I do love it, they are pretty special 😘

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

LMAO!!!

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

When is last time Burg lost 4 in a row?

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Still looking, but the end of the 2011 and beginning of 2012 season was the last time they lost 3 in a row

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Found it...end of ‘01 lost the last 3 games then started ‘02 season 0-2

FBfan007
Waterboy

Post by FBfan007 »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:59 pm FBfan007,
LMAO!! Good Try ..... but Wheelersburg fans are the ones that said “If you are a good program we should develop depth!” LMAO!! Sounds like there are some internal fighting within the Wheelersburg fan base! FBfan007 doesn’t believe his own fans that “A good program develops depth”! LMAO!!
You guys are a complete joke. Depth can only run so deep especially in a D5 program. Let's take away your QB which is what happens to burg not once but twice, let's get rid of your 3 of your running backs and two LBs, let's get rid of a defensive end and a offensive of tackle as well. You get the point. Salyers, carrico, fosson or Jones, etc.. we will play you guys for sure with our guys out and your guys out. LOL

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Thanks!!! You continue to prove my point about Burg posters! You are trying to flip the script again and make it look like the other guy is the bad guy!! LMAO!! “You guys are a complete joke!”

I’m sorry dude but I’m a SVC Guy! You trying to say I’m an Ironton guy .... Wrong! So you continue to make my point about Wheelersburg posters!! LMAO! 😂😂😂😂😂

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:36 pm Thanks!!! You continue to prove my point about Burg posters! You are trying to flip the script again and make it look like the other guy is the bad guy!! LMAO!! “You guys are a complete joke!”

I’m sorry dude but I’m a SVC Guy! You trying to say I’m an Ironton guy .... Wrong! So you continue to make my point about Wheelersburg posters!! LMAO! 😂😂😂😂😂
That makes your fascination with our Pirates even better...our respective teams don't even play each other but here you are...I love it!

FBfan007
Waterboy

Post by FBfan007 »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:36 pm Thanks!!! You continue to prove my point about Burg posters! You are trying to flip the script again and make it look like the other guy is the bad guy!! LMAO!! “You guys are a complete joke!”

Not flipping the script just stating facts. The only thing that you've said is flip the script. Let's hear some of your facts. Not trying to get hostile or anything but honestly wanting to know what you believe. And don't say Burg posters are this and that but actual football talk.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

LMAO!!! I’ve already made my point and you proved it. And I’ve already said FACTS! It’s kind of nice when I make an unbiased statement about certain posters then they prove my point! LMAO!

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Isn't this thread supposed to be about Burg versus Hartley? Gee wiz Batman let's get on with the season Ironton won game over! Why Ironton posters continue to bash Burg is crazy! Burg is down this year and it's getting even worse with all the injuries so I guess kick a team while their down is fun to do? Go Burg! Hopefully Friday we will get out first win. And good luck to all the area teams!

Burg grad 85
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Once again a thread has totally turned into something unrelated to the topic.

The board is here to discuss high school sports.

This thread is Bishop Hartley vs Wheelersburg.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:45 pm
XandO72 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:31 pm
mrwonderful wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:04 pm What has happened? I thought the Burg never had to re-build a team they just re-loaded? That's what I've read from several Burg posters for years.... One question... Did you re-load with Blanks? Three beat downs in a row!!!!! Dat has to sting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have always read Burg posters say it's not arrogance we have it's swagger....Well I have some bad news for you...Swagger definition is acting in an arrogant manner....Well Ironton took about 80% of the swagger out!!!! Bishop Hartley removed the other 20% that was left.....The swagger- less Pirates limp through the remaining season in a Humble manner...End of Story.....
Burg was NEVER who the burg base claimed they were in the pre season. #OverRated
And ironton is not what you hype them up to be.. simple facts.
And see that's the rub sharp guy. Only one fan base is out here bouncing checks. Be mad. 😂🤷‍♂️

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

Tripaces wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:31 pm Then it is what it is , wheelersburg is in no worse shape than they were in before the game
Actually 2 losses sorta means you ARE in worse shape than if you only had one loss.

Also - injury list continues to grow.

So anyway about that. 🤦‍♂️😂

Return to “Football”