Final: Bishop Hartley 44 Wheelersburg 6

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Final: Bishop Hartley 44 Wheelersburg 6

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Larry Fine wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:59 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:40 pm
Larry Fine wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:51 pm

That happens. Heard Wheelersburg renewed Hartley for 2 more years .
Burg picked up chillicothe wk two for 2020 and 2021 replacing hartley
Figures
????

That's a good pick up

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

Tripaces wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:12 pm Question about this game , I think everyone New wheelersburg was going to lose was the score surprising or about what was expected
The score was about what was expected. I didn't expect Wheelersburg to get a stop on the starting offense, and I didn't expect Wheelersburg to get a first down on the starting defense. No disrespect intended to the team and all. They had some key starting slots to fill at the beginning of the season, and they've already lost a few players. I knew when I saw this class of Hartley kids playing mop up in games as sophomores that it was going to be a special class. There was a level of camaraderie among the kids even then that was fairly unusual. And they had a lot of potential in all aspects. Beyond this group of super seniors, this Hartley team is loaded with size and speed. Probably not the best year for the parity of the matchup. This game provided an opportunity to try mixing things up. The secondary in week 1 was juggled during the game, and the coaches starting swapping corners and safeties again last night fairly early. There are some huge challenges ahead for the team, and it's important to know who the best players are for every kind of matchup. For a young team like Wheelersburg that's still trying to come together, Hartley's quick strike with that first touchdown can be fairly demoralizing. It's not easy to coach against that. The rest of the first half was just methodical workmanship. Other than the first score, Hartley had to work for every yard. Hartley did get some breaks. The spot on the quarterback slide on 4th down was fairly generous. I was guessing one or two yards short. And we had a little guy as a blocking receiver who could have been called for holding on even more plays. The offensive line was fabulous in run support, but pass protection broke down multiple times. Lucky to have the fastest guy on the team at QB. All in all, I thought The Burg played fairly well. They never stopped working against a team that was too much probably even before the game started. Seeing the kids with the balloons before the game and the mix of the crowd shows great community support. Outside of MAC territory, that's becoming a rarity. And matching the Hawks on swapping out the starters was a class move. I never like to see a coach keep his starters playing in an out of hand game just to give the kids the imaginary emotional boost of scoring on the 2s. This was my first trip to The Burg. Great community. Great stadium. And great hard-working football team. Good luck with the rest of your season!

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

Then it is what it is , wheelersburg is in no worse shape than they were in before the game

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:26 pm
Tripaces wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:12 pm Question about this game , I think everyone New wheelersburg was going to lose was the score surprising or about what was expected
The score was about what was expected. I didn't expect Wheelersburg to get a stop on the starting offense, and I didn't expect Wheelersburg to get a first down on the starting defense. No disrespect intended to the team and all. They had some key starting slots to fill at the beginning of the season, and they've already lost a few players. I knew when I saw this class of Hartley kids playing mop up in games as sophomores that it was going to be a special class. There was a level of camaraderie among the kids even then that was fairly unusual. And they had a lot of potential in all aspects. Beyond this group of super seniors, this Hartley team is loaded with size and speed. Probably not the best year for the parity of the matchup. This game provided an opportunity to try mixing things up. The secondary in week 1 was juggled during the game, and the coaches starting swapping corners and safeties again last night fairly early. There are some huge challenges ahead for the team, and it's important to know who the best players are for every kind of matchup. For a young team like Wheelersburg that's still trying to come together, Hartley's quick strike with that first touchdown can be fairly demoralizing. It's not easy to coach against that. The rest of the first half was just methodical workmanship. Other than the first score, Hartley had to work for every yard. Hartley did get some breaks. The spot on the quarterback slide on 4th down was fairly generous. I was guessing one or two yards short. And we had a little guy as a blocking receiver who could have been called for holding on even more plays. The offensive line was fabulous in run support, but pass protection broke down multiple times. Lucky to have the fastest guy on the team at QB. All in all, I thought The Burg played fairly well. They never stopped working against a team that was too much probably even before the game started. Seeing the kids with the balloons before the game and the mix of the crowd shows great community support. Outside of MAC territory, that's becoming a rarity. And matching the Hawks on swapping out the starters was a class move. I never like to see a coach keep his starters playing in an out of hand game just to give the kids the imaginary emotional boost of scoring on the 2s. This was my first trip to The Burg. Great community. Great stadium. And great hard-working football team. Good luck with the rest of your season!
Great post

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Very nice post. Hartley has an impressive team. Best of luck to you guys rest of the year. Where did you end up eating?

FBfan007
Waterboy

Post by FBfan007 »

vladimir wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:48 pm
Larry Fine wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:58 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:38 am

How is that arrogance??? It's a fact!!!

PORTSMOUTH DROPPED BURG!!!!!!!!! They were tired of the butt kickings so they dropped them. Ironton was close to doing the same until this group of Tigers came along. Burg will right the ship with Ironton in the next year or so. Now that's arrogance for you !!!!!
Did you renew the Hartley series or is Wheelersburg going to drop it because of the “butt kickings” ?
I don't think PHS dropped burg b/c they were getting their butts kicked is the whole story. I was told directly to my face by a PHS coach that the Trojan's didn't want anything to do with the burg b/c of the recruiting of Trojan's best player and QB Lowery. The coach said, "I don't care if burg has to travel to Timbuktu to find a team to play, they're not playing in Portsmouth"
Lowery moved districts because his mom got a teaching job at Wheelersburg High School. Didnt have much of a choice. And I told by sources that Portsmouth paid off the contract so they didnt have to play burg. And that was confirmed by someone in the leadership of Wheelersburg who was mad that this had occurred. Either way it happened so they both had to pick up new schools.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

What has happened? I thought the Burg never had to re-build a team they just re-loaded? That's what I've read from several Burg posters for years.... One question... Did you re-load with Blanks? Three beat downs in a row!!!!! Dat has to sting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have always read Burg posters say it's not arrogance we have it's swagger....Well I have some bad news for you...Swagger definition is acting in an arrogant manner....Well Ironton took about 80% of the swagger out!!!! Bishop Hartley removed the other 20% that was left.....The swagger- less Pirates limp through the remaining season in a Humble manner...End of Story.....

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

Thanks for your post. Last year, I definitely enjoyed making the trip up to Hartley to watch the Pirates play the Hawks. You guys have very nice facilities and a great sports program. I made sure to walk the fence line of your stadium and look at the numerous banners last season. You guys have a great history in athletics and should certainly be proud of your school. I have nothing but respect for you and your program. Best wishes to the Hawks the rest of the season!

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

mrwonderful wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:04 pm What has happened? I thought the Burg never had to re-build a team they just re-loaded? That's what I've read from several Burg posters for years.... One question... Did you re-load with Blanks? Three beat downs in a row!!!!! Dat has to sting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have always read Burg posters say it's not arrogance we have it's swagger....Well I have some bad news for you...Swagger definition is acting in an arrogant manner....Well Ironton took about 80% of the swagger out!!!! Bishop Hartley removed the other 20% that was left.....The swagger- less Pirates limp through the remaining season in a Humble manner...End of Story.....
Those Pirates still on your mind 😘

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Great team you guys have up there looking to be a state contender. The line in my opinion was the most impressive part of the team big fast and athletic.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

522Pirate wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:17 pm
mrwonderful wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:04 pm What has happened? I thought the Burg never had to re-build a team they just re-loaded? That's what I've read from several Burg posters for years.... One question... Did you re-load with Blanks? Three beat downs in a row!!!!! Dat has to sting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have always read Burg posters say it's not arrogance we have it's swagger....Well I have some bad news for you...Swagger definition is acting in an arrogant manner....Well Ironton took about 80% of the swagger out!!!! Bishop Hartley removed the other 20% that was left.....The swagger- less Pirates limp through the remaining season in a Humble manner...End of Story.....
It’s comical all the people coming outta the woodwork to take their shot at Wheelersburg. Enjoy it now because it’s going to be short lived.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

FBfan007,
Sorry but somebody told you a lie! Lowery transferred to Wheelersburg before his mom got a job at Wheelersburg. After he was there a year she got a job at Wheelersburg. This came straight from a football parent who’s son was on the football team.

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

bleed_blue wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:20 pm
522Pirate wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:17 pm
It’s comical all the people coming outta the woodwork to take their shot at Wheelersburg. Enjoy it now because it’s going to be short lived.
Agreed. A ton of envy has been brewing in these clowns over the past 6 or 7 seasons.

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

Burg was NEVER who the burg base claimed they were in the pre season. #OverRated

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

eagle one wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:36 am
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:04 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:53 pm Hartley looked like a small college team. Very big O-line and very speedy backfield. They will make some noise come playoff time. There defense was just as strong as I would venture to guess there first team defense held Burg to minus yards.

Tough on Burg when they lost another starter early on in Hunter Ruby. Wouldn’t of mattered but you hate to see Seniors or anyone for that matter go down that early. Burg had a few nice defensive plays but just way to much speed to catch up to.

Burg will right the ship hopefully next week. Got to see some new runners (Swords being one) that ran really hard. Will be another tough one but a winnable game for Burg.
Sorry to hear about more injuries.

Good luck against AshLand.

ashland will not show any mercy......... that just who they are always have been
Ashland is gonna beat Burg like a drum.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironton would lose to Hartley by a running clock

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:41 pm Ironton would lose to Hartley by a running clock
I agree. Hartley is a state contender in D3

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

XandO72 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:31 pm
Burg was NEVER who the burg base claimed they were in the pre season. #OverRated
And ironton is not what you hype them up to be.. simple facts.

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:45 pm
XandO72 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:31 pm
And ironton is not what you hype them up to be.. simple facts.
Ironton was never picked to beat Wheelersburg. Only a few Ironton people really believed that.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Once again the Burg fans are trying to point the finger at the “Haters” instead of accepting the fact that Wheelersburg fan base has created this dislike. “We just Reload”, “Best Coaching Staff in State”, “Tradition Never Graduates”, etc. LMAO!!

At the end of the night Wheelersburg is no different than any other school or any other community. They have their ups and downs. They are not as good this year. But they still have a chance to win the league since the league is not very good this year.

The difference is Wheelersburg posters are masters of flipping the script. Example: A couple years ago Waverly was suppose to have a decent team was was beat to death with starters out, Wheelersburg killed them. The attitude was “If you are a good program you develop depth, Waverly should have depth and one or two players out should not cause you to be that bad”. This year, “Well we lost a couple starter against Ironton then another starter earlier against Hartley. It was just too much to over come!” Another example “Last year in Madison game, Burg posters expressed what a masterful job Burg coaches did against Madison. “Just out coached them”. Burg was clearly the more talented team with a lot more weapons. This year when Wheelersburg was clearly out-coached in Game One, Burg posters “It’s easy to out coach a team when you are the more talented team”. LMAO!!

Hopefully the Wheelersburg posters will now get on here and prove my point by trying to flipping the script. “We are just supporting our team! We are just passionate! You are just a hater!” LMAO!!

Return to “Football”