Final: Ironton 10 Russell (KY) 0

Realfax
Waterboy

Re: Final: Ironton 10 Russell (KY) 0

Post by Realfax »

ballplayer1992 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:50 am
eagle one wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:43 am crossed the line with possession dead ball touchdown this aint the nfl
Looks like the ball is at his feet as he crosses the goal line and then he kicks the ball forward. Regardless, he was nowhere near halfway into the endzone when the ball comes out, and it was not a certain and clear TD like some would like to believe.
I watched the video in slow motion and I can see what you mean. It doesn’t look as if there was full possession and looks as if he dropped the ball. I can see where this is debatable.

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Realfax wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:21 pm
eagle one wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:43 am crossed the line with possession dead ball touchdown this aint the nfl
Looks like the ball is at his feet as he crosses the goal line and then he kicks the ball forward. Regardless, he was nowhere near halfway into the endzone when the ball comes out, and it was not a certain and clear TD like some would like to believe.
I watched the video in slow motion and I can see what you mean. It doesn’t look as if there was full possession and looks as if he dropped the ball. I can see where this is debatable.
Easily passed the goal line .

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

kantucky wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:17 pm
ballplayer1992 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:30 am
kantucky wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:02 am

Yeah? What's it mean? You think Ironton's officials cheat them? Even if it wasn't a TD (and it was) then the Fighting Tigers would have still won as Russell was behind 3-0
Yes, it was officially called a TD. Whether or not it was a legitimate TD is debatable. Some teams, especially teams from the Washington DC area, have opinions on Ironton's officiating. It isn't like Ironton hasn't claimed that they have been the victim of bad officiating in the past. I guess the officials cost Ironton in wins 1982, 1993, and 1999 according to your newspaper lol

https://www.irontontribune.com/1999/12/ ... s-ironton/
Well, we all know Ironton has never won a game at Tank Stadium.

As far as that certain DC team, I’ve never in life seen a more poorly coached team. The boys were so stupid they couldn’t even remember to keep their mouth pieces in over and over again. Had Lutz coaches them instead, they’re been national champs. They came to Irontonbeat their pads, sounded their chant and then proceeded to stink up the field
Wow...an adult calling 16-18 year old boys "stupid," nothing but class acts in Ironton.

Realfax
Waterboy

Post by Realfax »

Larry Fine wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:42 pm

Not to burst a bubble but I don’t think it easily passed the goal line. Ball is on the ground as he is stepping in. Very debatable but at the same time very unchangeable.

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Realfax wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:55 pm
Larry Fine wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:42 pm

Not to burst a bubble but I don’t think it easily passed the goal line. Ball is on the ground as he is stepping in. Very debatable but at the same time very unchangeable.
Because your looking at reasons to hate on Ironton

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

OK ...... Ironton wins 3-0 instead of 10-0. A win is a win.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Yeah? What's it mean? You think Ironton's officials cheat them? Even if it wasn't a TD (and it was) then the Fighting Tigers would have still won as Russell was behind 3-0
Yes, it was officially called a TD. Whether or not it was a legitimate TD is debatable. Some teams, especially teams from the Washington DC area, have opinions on Ironton's officiating. It isn't like Ironton hasn't claimed that they have been the victim of bad officiating in the past. I guess the officials cost Ironton in wins 1982, 1993, and 1999 according to your newspaper lol

As far as that certain DC team, I’ve never in life seen a more poorly coached team. The boys were so stupid they couldn’t even remember to keep their mouth pieces in over and over again. Had Lutz coaches them instead, they’re been national champs. They came to Irontonbeat their pads, sounded their chant and then proceeded to stink up the field
Yea 'tuck, I was at that DC game years back, the only other time I think I've seen that many flags ...I was standing in front of the United Nations building in NYC!

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:23 pm

Yea 'tuck, I was at that DC game years back, the only other time I think I've seen that many flags ...I was standing in front of the United Nations building in NYC!
Speaking of “flags” , did Wheelersburg play “flag” football last night?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I watched it frame by frame, clearly a TD 🤪 lol...

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Larry Fine wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:29 pm

[
No, we got our butts whipped and played hard until the game ended. As far as playing "flag football" that's only played at Tanks, c'mon Larry, you know that! :roll:

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:50 pm

[
No, we got our butts whipped and played hard until the game ended. As far as playing "flag football" that's only played at Tanks, c'mon Larry, you know that! :roll:
Which butt whipping you referring to ? Ironton or Bishop
Hartley?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Russell is the real deal this year too, great game by both Teams.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Larry Fine wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:52 pm

Hartley?
Uhhh, look at the stats Larry, pretty easy to see which was the butt whipping. Ironton game, was a game of breaks and a controversial chop block call, stopped mo swing. All breaks went your way, it happens, The TD run was not a broken play as you all claim :roll: it is what it is, you all won, congrats. But, if you all want to toot your horn and claim "world beaters" go ahead...we shall see, whew, enjoy your moment! :roll:

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:09 pm
Larry Fine wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:52 pm

Hartley?
Uhhh, look at the stats Larry, pretty easy to see which was the butt whipping. Ironton game, was a game of breaks and a controversial chop block call, stopped mo swing. All breaks went your way, it happens, The TD run was not a broken play as you all claim :roll: it is what it is, you all won, congrats. But, if you all want to toot your horn and claim "world beaters" go ahead...we shall see, whew, enjoy your moment! :roll:
44-6
30-6
Both beatdowns by two state powers

bhicks42
Freshman Team

Post by bhicks42 »

Ok so I’m from Coal Grove. Yeah I’m a hater. Blah, blah, blah. Lol. Let’s get that out of the way.
I watched the game last night on the Facebook feed. Here is a few screenshots of the “catch”.

I think it’s a catch, but if it IS a catch, it’s a touchback. The ball rolled straight out the back of the end zone.
Attachments
0F1DBFBB-C6B6-41F6-AA03-310059930B78.jpeg
B340007A-D8C8-4CD0-9BF0-E16401A0E223.jpeg
092FAEDC-8C92-48E8-B68A-378382DE90D9.jpeg

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

bhicks42 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:23 pm Ok so I’m from Coal Grove. Yeah I’m a hater. Blah, blah, blah. Lol. Let’s get that out of the way.
I watched the game last night on the Facebook feed. Here is a few screenshots of the “catch”.

I think it’s a catch, but if it IS a catch, it’s a touchback. The ball rolled straight out the back of the end zone.
Thanks for your efforts. I appreciate them. I did the same thing as you on my iPad, but what I noticed most was : THE REF STANDING IN FRONT OF CARRICO & Defender, about 4 feet away, in the middle of the end zone and in clear view.
He let gravity and play finish and made the call 4 seconds AFTER Carrico established control!

The arms went straight up into the TD position by the man in the striped shirt.

Until they establish video replay in HSFB, that’d be a IRONTON FIGHTING TIGER TOUCHDOWN.

Or in some miserable posters eyes, it was a “FIXED & HOMERED” 3-0 defensive battle that the refs got wrong too!

Until video review prevails:

Ironton 10. (2-0)
Russell. 0. (2-1)

First game of 3 Russell hasn’t scored.
2nd game of 2 Ironton D is fierce.
2nd game of 2 Jones intercepts
1st game of 2 Ironton passing game shines.
Week 3 awaits....

Gotigersgo
Gettheball
Gettheball
Gettheball
Gettheball
Gettheball
~2019~

bhicks42
Freshman Team

Post by bhicks42 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:30 pm
bhicks42 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:23 pm Ok so I’m from Coal Grove. Yeah I’m a hater. Blah, blah, blah. Lol. Let’s get that out of the way.

Thanks for your efforts. I appreciate them. I did the same thing as you on my iPad, but what I noticed most was : THE REF STANDING IN FRONT OF CARRICO & Defender, about 4 feet away, in the middle of the end zone and in clear view.
He let gravity and play finish and made the call 4 seconds AFTER Carrico established control!

Until they establish video replay in HSFB, that’d be a IRONTON FIGHTING TIGER TOUCHDOWN.

Or in some miserable posters eyes, it was a “FIXED & HOMERED” 3-0 defensive battle that the refs got wrong too!

Ironton 10. (2-0)
Russell. 0. (2-1)

Week 3 awaits....

Gotigersgo
Gettheball
Gettheball
Gettheball
Gettheball
Gettheball
~2019~
I’m with you. Ref says TD. It’s a TD. No one is perfect. I’m not saying it was fixed or homered. The debate has been going for a little while now so I put the pics in the post as pretty clear evidence that the guy missed the call.

Good luck to you guys next week.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

bhicks42 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:00 pm
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:30 pm

Ironton 10. (2-0)
Russell. 0. (2-1)

Week 3 awaits....

Gotigersgo
Gettheball
Gettheball
Gettheball
Gettheball
Gettheball
~2019~
I’m with you. Ref says TD. It’s a TD. No one is perfect. I’m not saying it was fixed or homered. The debate has been going for a little while now so I put the pics in the post as pretty clear evidence that the guy missed the call.

Good luck to you guys next week.
If my quote made you feel any other way than coming from gratitude, accept my apology.

I realize there have been questionable calls at the Tank going every which way but lose, lol.

I enjoyed the game immensely. RegardLess of The TD, you could feel a 3-0 W for IHS coming.

Both squads D were amazing.

IHS has got to merge the passing success against Russell, with the Horses they have in the backfield soon.

FairLand is 2-0, & they aren’t messing around.

3 weeks of unbeatens for the tigers.

Hopefully, the offense finds some GEL, & this early season brutal schedule prepares the tigers for an OVC success campaign & post season appearance!

Best of luck to your favorite team!!!

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Nice job clearly shows a fumble!

Burg grad 85
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:53 am

That's for sure! It's ironton! EVERYONE knows what that means! :lol:

would that be the center you are talking about that kept costing his team because he was getting penalties for not having his mouthpiece in for Washington, dc. at the time the number 1 ranked team in the country according to the newspapers. a team, 3 times the size of ironton likely. cause I was sitting in the stands that night wondering why the coach didn't pull his center for getting mouthpiece penalty calls. strange how every loss at ironton is because of officiating, even though through the years they were just as effective away. you wanna talk about officiating, you shoulda been a sophomore in 76 on the ironton team when we went to gahs, after winning 34 seoal games in a row. and the whole town was painted in ''34 and no more'' signs. and on the way home I was takin odds the refs hung em up. don't get me wrong brian mink ran wild on us that night. but geeze o pete. longest week of my life started that Monday. actually on the bus ride home. and I don't think I even got in the game.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”