Final: Jackson 31 Athens 26

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Final: Jackson 31 Athens 26

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:39 pm I’m just trying to talk them up. Make it a big game. Get a top 8 reasons from Dandy Don
They had 44 points in about a quarter and a half tonight

countywide35
SEOP

Re: Athens (0-1) vs Jackson (1-0)

Post by countywide35 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:17 pm
countywide35 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:57 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:24 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: Wasn't a hard pick, County.

Well they can throw it around. Old school
SEOAL days still too much for the Athens bulldogs though.

The side You gonna have to pick is next week !! When the chiefs come tomahawkin 93 S into Alumin Stadium !!! You’ve rooted us now to 2Ws.
What’s your pick gonna be next Friday 😬
TVC time right around the corner for Dogs and they'll take it out on and put up 60 on a couple D5 and D6 teams to right their season . No playoffs this year. Shouldn't have made playoffs last year @ 9-1 over two 7-3 teams and a good 5-5 DeSales team who lost to Hartley 21-14 in regular season finale and Athens lost to that same Hartley team by 37 the next week in rd 1.

Yes. TVC time

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I like how Jackson thinks they are better than the TVC and half of Jackson’s team is from the TVC. I never understood that

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:24 pm
countywide35 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:14 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:07 pm Chiefs showed more improvement tonight, County. There might be more improvement by next week. Really not sure yet. I'll get back with ya on that. Our QB got kinda shaken up a bit. He played one he(( of a game tonight but took a few hard hits. I'm thinking another close one though to be serious as of now. Our defense looked good tonight. Swarming to the ball for the most part.

The sounds of old !!!! It’ll come. And it’s coming.

Just hope not next week
The new coach has them on a mission of getting better, and It's noticeable. Hard to tell playing in your house, but the Chiefs look like to me they will come to play hard. Won't be no 3 ring circus. :lol:

I’ll agree with that. I do believe Logan has it turned around. I said once that be careful about kicking the chiefs while down. Quite a few times actually. It’s old school SEOAL days again for the Ironmen. For the Chiefs to get back where they were and wana be. Where else to start then the team ya always had to try and beat for the crown ??

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:03 pm

Just hope not next week
The new coach has them on a mission of getting better, and It's noticeable. Hard to tell playing in your house, but the Chiefs look like to me they will come to play hard. Won't be no 3 ring circus. :lol:

I’ll agree with that. I do believe Logan has it turned around. I said once that be careful about kicking the chiefs while down. Quite a few times actually. It’s old school SEOAL days again for the Ironmen. For the Chiefs to get back where they were and wana be. Where else to start then the team ya always had to try and beat for the crown ??
Unless he’s bringing enough Pizza Crossing for all of us next week, you two can knock it off

Lol

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:05 pm

Unless he’s bringing enough Pizza Crossing for all of us next week, you two can knock it off

Lol

Easy now 😂😂😂

Little more respect for the chiefs than Athens.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:08 pm

Lol

Oh I respect Logan as much as anyone just a little too much tickle monster going on ha ha

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:26 pm

Lol

Oh I respect Logan as much as anyone just a little too much tickle monster going on ha ha

Lol

Can’t kick em down. They won’t be there forever. And bout to start one in the series. Playin safe I92. Again. Em Chiefs ain’t Athens

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Just hope not next week

Probably be awhile to get where they wanna be, but it's noticeable they are better and playing with good attitude. Mike Eddy has started the fire. When it will turn into a burning blazing cane field in high winds is undetermined. :lol: But I will say they come to play hard in Ironmenville though. If I'm wrong you guys feel free to laugh at me after the game.:lol:

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:49 pm I like how Jackson thinks they are better than the TVC and half of Jackson’s team is from the TVC. I never understood that
I like how you're such a hypocrite. On the drive home, I thought about all the trash you would be posting. Sure enough, you didn't disappoint.

Has Athens ever accomplished a darn thing without a move-in QB? Lichtenburg, Gregory, Burrow, and even Moore now from what I am told. You whine about transfers but you are literally the school that has benefited the most from players moving in because their dads coach college football. You almost got a state title out of it...almost. I don't think Athens had ever won a playoff game until Joe Burrow fell in your lap.

I have been waiting months for Jackson to win this game and then just absolutely feed it to you. Unfortunately, pass defense was optional in the second half tonight (and Athens is pretty good), so I don't get to revel in your sadness as much as I wanted. It's not like getting it handed to you by 30 would have changed your tune anyway.

Honestly, no one from Jackson cares about the TVC. They cared about Athens voting for SEOAL expansion, running away before Burrow arrived, and basically starting the demise of the longest standing league in the entire state of Ohio. You can beat up on the TVC all you want and keep sending those L2 points our way. Anyway, hope you guys go 8-2, somehow sneak in the playoffs and then lose by 50 in the first round.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Lol

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:26 pm

Lol

Why post with hate? Chiefs and Ironmen are true SEOAL teams that stuck around and wanted it to survive. Tickle monster? :lol: Good luck next week fellars. You made need a little luck. :lol:
Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

ironman02 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:42 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:49 pm I like how Jackson thinks they are better than the TVC and half of Jackson’s team is from the TVC. I never understood that
I like how you're such a hypocrite. On the drive home, I thought about all the trash you would be posting. Sure enough, you didn't disappoint.

Has Athens ever accomplished a darn thing without a move-in QB? Lichtenburg, Gregory, Burrow, and even Moore now from what I am told. You whine about transfers but you are literally the school that has benefited the most from players moving in because their dads coach college football. You almost got a state title out of it...almost. I don't think Athens had ever won a playoff game until Joe Burrow fell in your lap.

I have been waiting months for Jackson to win this game and then just absolutely feed it to you. Unfortunately, pass defense was optional in the second half tonight (and Athens is pretty good), so I don't get to revel in your sadness as much as I wanted. It's not like getting it handed to you by 30 would have changed your tune anyway.

Honestly, no one from Jackson cares about the TVC. They cared about Athens voting for SEOAL expansion, running away before Burrow arrived, and basically starting the demise of the longest standing league in the entire state of Ohio. You can beat up on the TVC all you want and keep sending those L2 points our way. Anyway, hope you guys go 8-2, somehow sneak in the playoffs and then lose by 50 in the first round.
Stay classy, man.

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:46 pmLol
What a surprise

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

6-4-3=2o wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:07 am
What a surprise
I gave several respectful posts to Athens about the game

raider spends a lot of posts throughout the seasons poking at Jackson....02 had read enough it appears. I thought it was funny. Doesn’t change any of my comments about Athens plays and efforts.

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:09 am
What a surprise

raider spends a lot of posts throughout the seasons poking at Jackson....02 had read enough it appears. I thought it was funny. Doesn’t change any of my comments about Athens plays and efforts.
I don't think it's funny at all, rather childish. And you're correct about your comments.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

6-4-3=2o wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:19 am

What a surprise

I don't think it's funny at all, rather childish. And you're correct about your comments.
Raider brings most of this on himself . He a master stirrer. People should ignore him . Great game . Proud of Athens especially #8.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

6-4-3=2o wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:19 am

What a surprise

His poking at Jackson all through the year is childish as well.

02 for the first 10 years of this place was one of the most respectful posters on this site. Crap kept him from posting much anymore. This place used to have great discussion but now so many read but don’t post while 15 of us do all the posting. Guessing dozens of people reading had a lot of thoughts about this game but few chip in. You know people that know me and know I’m a good person for kids and sports and I know people that know you that say the same. Good luck the rest of the way.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

The comment about losing by 50 in the playoffs was harsh. I apologize for that one and wish the actual football team at Athens good luck the rest of the season. The rest of it was more than deserved.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

ironman02 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:42 pm

....... Jackson Better than the TVC ? : I would venture to say no one else from the old SEOAL at different times such as Gallipolis, Ironton, Waverly, Portsmouth, Zanesville, Chillicothe or Marietta cares either as they all found a home in other conferences. Logan and Warren are in a pickle but will someday find a home. There are other old SEOAL teams from many years ago that are in the TVC (Wellston, Meigs and N-Y) but they all had numerous good and viable reasons and issues when they departed unlike the "Bully Puppies". If Athens still played the teams I named above this year I believe they would end up around 3-7 since they've lost to 2 of them already this year.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Return to “Football”