Final: Bishop Hartley 44 Wheelersburg 6

FBfan007
Waterboy

Re: Bishop Hartley @ Wheelersburg

Post by FBfan007 »

XandO72 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:10 pm
FBfan007 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:02 pm
XandO72 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:47 pm

"But I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door."

~ "Burg will be 0 - 3 going into week 4."
You do realize X and O, if burg comes away with a win in the next two weeks, it wont just be one or two burg fans coming on here to tell ya all about it, but instead everyone that doesn't think of you too highly... you're singling out this school and everyone who's a fan of their program. But congrats on your victory and not thinking about the points you're missing out on if they do indeed lose the next two games.
I say what I say based on logic. Not sentiment. What I want is not applicable. Can't depend on a wounded duck. 🤷‍♂️
All I'm saying is think before you speak. Because the team you're making ill-wishes towards could come back to see you in the playoffs. You better hope burg is as bad as what you're suggesting them to be. And with the coaches they have, I don't think they've scraped the surface of what they are capable of.

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

FBfan007 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:22 pm
XandO72 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:10 pm
FBfan007 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:02 pm

You do realize X and O, if burg comes away with a win in the next two weeks, it wont just be one or two burg fans coming on here to tell ya all about it, but instead everyone that doesn't think of you too highly... you're singling out this school and everyone who's a fan of their program. But congrats on your victory and not thinking about the points you're missing out on if they do indeed lose the next two games.
I say what I say based on logic. Not sentiment. What I want is not applicable. Can't depend on a wounded duck. 🤷‍♂️
All I'm saying is think before you speak. Because the team you're making ill-wishes towards could come back to see you in the playoffs. You better hope burg is as bad as what you're suggesting them to be. And with the coaches they have, I don't think they've scraped the surface of what they are capable of.
Possibly. But again, my emotions do not play a part and thus far my critique has been pretty spot on. The one caveat is I think they could pull out a week 3 win vs Ashland if they are 100%. I don't think they will be. Again, I see more questions than answers for Burg.

But you are correct. I could be wrong.

public_transport
Waterboy

Post by public_transport »

Hartley 38-13

Realfax
Waterboy

Post by Realfax »

Is it me or should burg fans go to Irontons page to blow them up on negativity like xand? Forgot he had a dog in the fight in this game lol.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

XandO72 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:24 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:58 am
XandO72 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:25 pm Picking a qb is well and good, but Burgs o line got gashed week one. They had their moments as well, but they didn't look entirely sure of themselves. Hartley is gonna penetrate regardless & if the performance remains similar, so will Ashland.
I can agree in part to what you are saying. But the play calling was obvious on Burgs part. Sitting in the stands I could tell you what was coming. I'm sure every Coach for Itown knew too. So I don't think it was too tough a game to call for Itowns D.
Noted. But also noted that prior to the game we were incessantly reminded of Burgs "superior coaching" by the Burg base.

I seen Woodard get outcoached Friday. 🤷‍♂️

For one clown it's Woodward!!! I'll type it slow. W-O-O-D-W-A-R-D!!!!!!!

Second, got outcoached???? WTAF!!!!!!

I would venture to guess that when Burg changed offense in the second half and Matthews ripped off that 72 yard run that Itowns coaching staff's buttholes puckered quite a bit and then throw in the missed fumble opportunity Burg had, I would guess the old butthole would have clamped shut had Burg recovered.

Had Burg not lost Horsley and Mathews this could have been a different game. Take away Carrico and Salyers and lets see how this game ends

DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

This post is in defense of Wheelersburg's coaching and not to disrespect Ironton's.
To the poster above claiming he witnessed Woodward get outcoached...Its easy to "outcoach" someone when you are the coach with players of superior talent. Coach Woodward and staff are as good of staff as you will find in any division in the state of Ohio. Their track record and program's success speaks for itself. Anyone on here trashing the Burg's coaching is plain and simple 1 of 2 things...1. Jealous or 2. An idiot.
And by the way I have no affiliation with either school

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

XandO72 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:42 pmYou either win or lose and after its complete, nobody cares about your aspired personal ambition. The only metric that is measured is wins against losses. The sentiment is great and commendable. But unless ya hang W's to go along with em - So what. 🤷‍♂️
And that sentiment is probably why Ironton downgraded its competition post-Lutz. Probably about time to trade out Wheelersburg for a Symmes Valley or a South Gallia. Maybe start dodging those KY schools too. Put up an awesome 10-0 season and then get running clocked in week 11 and call it "success." Wouldn't be the first team to do it.

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Wheelersburg rolled their JV last night with Pendleton coaching the JV. Just goes to show when the playing field is even that oh superior Pendleton got out coaches by our JV coaches if they want to go that rout on wheelersburg getting out coaches Friday night.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Yh8awinner wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:37 am Wheelersburg rolled their JV last night with Pendleton coaching the JV. Just goes to show when the playing field is even that oh superior Pendleton got out coaches by our JV coaches if they want to go that rout on wheelersburg getting out coaches Friday night.

Burg future looks very good , Burg JV ponded ironton 35-12

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:46 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:58 am

I can agree in part to what you are saying. But the play calling was obvious on Burgs part. Sitting in the stands I could tell you what was coming. I'm sure every Coach for Itown knew too. So I don't think it was too tough a game to call for Itowns D.
Noted. But also noted that prior to the game we were incessantly reminded of Burgs "superior coaching" by the Burg base.

I would venture to guess that when Burg changed offense in the second half and Matthews ripped off that 72 yard run that Itowns coaching staff's buttholes puckered quite a bit and then throw in the missed fumble opportunity Burg had, I would guess the old butthole would have clamped shut had Burg recovered.

Had Burg not lost Horsley and Mathews this could have been a different game. Take away Carrico and Salyers and lets see how this game ends

Talent has a way of making coaches look good , so does a good game plan , I really didn’t see one for wheelersburg on offense the looked lost with no direction , as far as the Mathews kid run it was a broken play , the kid is fast and a great athlete you give the ball 20 times he’s gonna break one

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Sport Fan wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:35 am
Yh8awinner wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:37 am Wheelersburg rolled their JV last night with Pendleton coaching the JV. Just goes to show when the playing field is even that oh superior Pendleton got out coaches by our JV coaches if they want to go that rout on wheelersburg getting out coaches Friday night.

Burg future looks very good , Burg JV ponded ironton 35-12
Will have to see how freshman do but the 7t and 8th won against ironton as well. I give credit to irontons win Friday night. They were ready and stuck to their game plan. But burg has a program in place for the last thirty to forty years years with one losing season. To believe that they won’t get better is silly.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Tripaces wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:43 am

Talent has a way of making coaches look good , so does a good game plan , I really didn’t see one for wheelersburg on offense the looked lost with no direction , as far as the Mathews kid run it was a broken play , the kid is fast and a great athlete you give the ball 20 times he’s gonna break one

I agree , Burg seeking out for a QB in week 1 , Our offense this night was one dimensional with no pass threat, Ironton loaded the box for the run , the coaches will adjust this moving forward .

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

So here's the scouting report...

Bishop Hartley is definitely a system team. New kids are molded to fit the system, not the other way around. We are always fast, and we are always very physical.

Defense is 3-4 with smart linebackers and fast defensive backs who play man and tend to be handsey. Expect some defensive holding as some of the newer kids learn nuance and subtlety. The front three are massive. They were matched up against a huge, fast, physical D-II team from New Jersey and the front 3 ate their lunch. Key player on D-Line is a sophomore #86 Daniel Tooson. Explosive off the snap, great hips, and relentless in pursuit of QB. Dad was head coach at Northland (Columbus City League) for 14 seasons. 100% class act and our best example fan. Burg is going to have to lose a receiver to contain the kid. Looked great in camps (Cincinnati, Akron, Pittsburgh, Miami OH, Eastern Michigan, Central Michigan, Ohio, Bowling Green) over the summer. Will get bigger invites next summer. He also plays tight end and moves around the backfield where power is needed. He was thrown a pass last week but he dropped it because it hit his hands, ha ha. If he catches one, it will take 5-6 guys to bring him down. Rest of line is also huge. #79 Dion Drake will be a handful. Linebackers are led by OC's son #4 Mason Sawyer, #20 Kenyon Davis, and #34 Kiron Anderson. All can keep up with decently fast receivers. Opening opponent was extremely fast, so the secondary was moved around to make the right matchups. Probably a different mix and look this week. They'll all have great closing speed and will be ready to eat up an inexperienced QB. Might be some picks. Best position player is probably #24 George Dunor who started last season and showed incredible speed catching and tackling fastest guy on Jersey team at the end of the half. Love to see leaders showing don't quit to the rest of the guys.

Offense is the same. Line up heel to heel and hip to hip. No gaps. Big and fast. Will probably be ineligibly downfield after running out of blocks a couple times. Hopefully zebras don't notice. Lots of motion and misdirection. Mix of single wing, wing-t, double wing, I, etc. Lots of formations. Run first team. Will pound constantly. Goals are time of possession, wearing down defenses, and racing to the edge for quick strikes. QB is star of team. #2 Miles Fleming. Son of running back from '86 State Championship team. Great distance, speed, and accuracy throwing the ball - which he'll do more than you've seen from Hartley in the past. Maybe 10-12 times per game. Minnesota recruit but as ATH not QB. Will be corner or safety in college. Playing those positions last week for first time that I've ever noticed. Getting most of the carries will be #12 Jalan January, #44 Angelo Evans (another coaches kid), #4 Mason Sawyer, #34 Kiron Anderson, #3 Richard Kenny, and #7 Sumo Kesselly. QB will also keep, and he is blazing fast. He was the only guy who could outrun the whole New Jersey team.

Kicker is new. His older brother was also a kicker. Don't know if he's got the onside bounce down yet, but he had 4-5 touchbacks on KOs. Buck twenty wet. Holder same size. Kinda funny. Still working on elevation after PATs. Punter #10 Luke Carney is senior backup QB and he looks to be a big improvement over the shank ball we've done for the last 8 years. Always anticipate a fake regardless of field position. Returners on special teams will be blazing fast, but we let a lot of punts go by. We've always struggled on return coverage and last week didn't look different. But that team was especially fast.

This group of seniors is without doubt the best group of same-grade kids that I've seen that the program has ever had together at the same time. Lots of potential.

Team has been issued letters of marque and reprisal against the pirates and are looking for a jolly fight down in Port Royal.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:16 pm So here's the scouting report...

Bishop Hartley is definitely a system team. New kids are molded to fit the system, not the other way around. We are always fast, and we are always very physical.

Defense is 3-4 with smart linebackers and fast defensive backs who play man and tend to be handsey. Expect some defensive holding as some of the newer kids learn nuance and subtlety. The front three are massive. They were matched up against a huge, fast, physical D-II team from New Jersey and the front 3 ate their lunch. Key player on D-Line is a sophomore #86 Daniel Tooson. Explosive off the snap, great hips, and relentless in pursuit of QB. Dad was head coach at Northland (Columbus City League) for 14 seasons. 100% class act and our best example fan. Burg is going to have to lose a receiver to contain the kid. Looked great in camps (Cincinnati, Akron, Pittsburgh, Miami OH, Eastern Michigan, Central Michigan, Ohio, Bowling Green) over the summer. Will get bigger invites next summer. He also plays tight end and moves around the backfield where power is needed. He was thrown a pass last week but he dropped it because it hit his hands, ha ha. If he catches one, it will take 5-6 guys to bring him down. Rest of line is also huge. #79 Dion Drake will be a handful. Linebackers are led by OC's son #4 Mason Sawyer, #20 Kenyon Davis, and #34 Kiron Anderson. All can keep up with decently fast receivers. Opening opponent was extremely fast, so the secondary was moved around to make the right matchups. Probably a different mix and look this week. They'll all have great closing speed and will be ready to eat up an inexperienced QB. Might be some picks. Best position player is probably #24 George Dunor who started last season and showed incredible speed catching and tackling fastest guy on Jersey team at the end of the half. Love to see leaders showing don't quit to the rest of the guys.

Offense is the same. Line up heel to heel and hip to hip. No gaps. Big and fast. Will probably be ineligibly downfield after running out of blocks a couple times. Hopefully zebras don't notice. Lots of motion and misdirection. Mix of single wing, wing-t, double wing, I, etc. Lots of formations. Run first team. Will pound constantly. Goals are time of possession, wearing down defenses, and racing to the edge for quick strikes. QB is star of team. #2 Miles Fleming. Son of running back from '86 State Championship team. Great distance, speed, and accuracy throwing the ball - which he'll do more than you've seen from Hartley in the past. Maybe 10-12 times per game. Minnesota recruit but as ATH not QB. Will be corner or safety in college. Playing those positions last week for first time that I've ever noticed. Getting most of the carries will be #12 Jalan January, #44 Angelo Evans (another coaches kid), #4 Mason Sawyer, #34 Kiron Anderson, #3 Richard Kenny, and #7 Sumo Kesselly. QB will also keep, and he is blazing fast. He was the only guy who could outrun the whole New Jersey team.

Kicker is new. His older brother was also a kicker. Don't know if he's got the onside bounce down yet, but he had 4-5 touchbacks on KOs. Buck twenty wet. Holder same size. Kinda funny. Still working on elevation after PATs. Punter #10 Luke Carney is senior backup QB and he looks to be a big improvement over the shank ball we've done for the last 8 years. Always anticipate a fake regardless of field position. Returners on special teams will be blazing fast, but we let a lot of punts go by. We've always struggled on return coverage and last week didn't look different. But that team was especially fast.

This group of seniors is without doubt the best group of same-grade kids that I've seen that the program has ever had together at the same time. Lots of potential.

Team has been issued letters of marque and reprisal against the pirates and are looking for a jolly fight down in Port Royal.
Nice scouting report. Thx S E V
I guarantee we play hard. This will be a good experience for our kids, and as I’ve been told, iron sharpens iron.

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:16 pm So here's the scouting report...

+1

Nice, refreshing post from the truth and wisdom guy

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

It will be interesting to see how burg will game plan for this game. Theoretically I would look for them to run as much as they could and play the field position game in hopes that they could shorten the game. Hope for a few miscues on Hartley part but burg now has to look to the future in sophomore QB who is a passing QB and needs to get work. That could lead to more possessions for Hartley. Not sure they would want that.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

wobycat wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:02 pm It will be interesting to see how burg will game plan for this game. Theoretically I would look for them to run as much as they could and play the field position game in hopes that they could shorten the game. Hope for a few miscues on Hartley part but burg now has to look to the future in sophomore QB who is a passing QB and needs to get work. That could lead to more possessions for Hartley. Not sure they would want that.
Def need to throw the ball wobycat. And that’s a tough road to hoe.

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

DaWoodSoldier wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:22 am This post is in defense of Wheelersburg's coaching and not to disrespect Ironton's.
To the poster above claiming he witnessed Woodward get outcoached...Its easy to "outcoach" someone when you are the coach with players of superior talent. Coach Woodward and staff are as good of staff as you will find in any division in the state of Ohio. Their track record and program's success speaks for itself. Anyone on here trashing the Burg's coaching is plain and simple 1 of 2 things...1. Jealous or 2. An idiot.

Well now hold on. Which is it? Prior to the game the burg base said

"we dont rebuild we reload."
"Superior team speed."
"Superior coaching"

Etc etc etc.

So it's not the case now? 😂😂😂

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

XandO72 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:21 pm
DaWoodSoldier wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:22 am This post is in defense of Wheelersburg's coaching and not to disrespect Ironton's.

Well now hold on. Which is it? Prior to the game the burg base said

"we dont rebuild we reload."
"Superior team speed."
"Superior coaching"

Etc etc etc.

So it's not the case now? 😂😂😂
Dude you got the W in Week 1, now have some class (act like you been there before - even if it was a heckuva long time ago)

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

Sport Fan wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:55 am
Tripaces wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:43 am

I agree , Burg seeking out for a QB in week 1 , Our offense this night was one dimensional with no pass threat, Ironton loaded the box for the run , the coaches will adjust this moving forward .
Burgs O line is suspect. The Ironton DT - Cochran, penetrated their interior so effectively and often, that Burg was forced to double him and it still didnt work. Putting an inexperienced QB in that situation is leading a lamb to slaughter.

Return to “Football”