Final: Bishop Hartley 44 Wheelersburg 6

XandO72
JV Team

Re: Bishop Hartley @ Wheelersburg

Post by XandO72 »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:51 pm
XandO72 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:25 pm Picking a qb is well and good, but Burgs o line got gashed week one. They had their moments as well, but they didn't look entirely sure of themselves. Hartley is gonna penetrate regardless & if the performance remains similar, so will Ashland.
[/quo

I have a gut feeling you are in for a rude awakening this season. You and the other tiger fans think its in the bag. I can't wait!
I know a lil bit about gut feelings. I had one when the Burg base was busy celebrating the big win in Pasadena vs Chilly a couple weeks back. My gut feeling told me that the "we are 5 quarterbacks deep" & "burg speed" noise was just gas - and sure enough it was. I honestly felt like I had been catfished. 🙄😁

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:51 pm
LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:43 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:30 pm

2 weeks ago they wanted to schedule the New England Patriots lol.

What happened to "we have to schedule big schools away from here to find a challenge"?

:lol: :lol:
The post you made that I deleted is one that should not be posted on here again. Truly.
It broke no rules of this site yet you pulled it. Hit a nerve?
😂😂

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

XandO72 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:25 pm Picking a qb is well and good, but Burgs o line got gashed week one. They had their moments as well, but they didn't look entirely sure of themselves. Hartley is gonna penetrate regardless & if the performance remains similar, so will Ashland.
I can agree in part to what you are saying. But the play calling was obvious on Burgs part. Sitting in the stands I could tell you what was coming. I'm sure every Coach for Itown knew too. So I don't think it was too tough a game to call for Itowns D.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Wheelersburg will compete at home . Hope for no more injuries . Ashland and Jackson will be physical ball games but very winnable if the offense gets better , and it will. Still a ton to play for . Wheelersburg is a great community. Play hard and Pirate Nation will be proud of you no matter if your 9-1 or 5-5.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Hartley will probably win d3. Burg can make it competitive if Hartley doesn’t take it serious. Just a lot of talent on their side of the ball.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:15 am Hartley will probably win d3. Burg can make it competitive if Hartley doesn’t take it serious. Just a lot of talent on their side of the ball.
This Game made sense for the 2016-2017-2018 Pirate teams and as much as I respect Burg for playing it , Probably not needed at this point.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:37 am
wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:15 am Hartley will probably win d3. Burg can make it competitive if Hartley doesn’t take it serious. Just a lot of talent on their side of the ball.
This Game made sense for the 2016-2017-2018 Pirate teams and as much as I respect Burg for playing it , Probably not needed at this point.
It was scheduled two years ago. Problem with scheduling a team like Hartley is the make up of private teams, that are good, can change quickly. Good inner city private schools have advantages.

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

I’ve heard a lot about Mathews being out and that’s a big loss for wheelersburg but after the game their coach said they lost a couple to injury Friday night who was the other player who got hurt and how long will he be out ? Looks like burg is snake bit

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tripaces wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:31 am I’ve heard a lot about Mathews being out and that’s a big loss for wheelersburg but after the game their coach said they lost a couple to injury Friday night who was the other player who got hurt and how long will he be out ? Looks like burg is snake bit
Horsley their starting line backer and FB got hurt in first half. Tried to give it a go in second half but had to to be pulled.

The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

That's not good for Wheelersburg seeing that hey don't have much depth anyway. I watched the game again yesterday and there were a lot of numbers going both ways. The other 40 something players must be for show. Hartley by as much as they want and hopefully for Wheelersburg no more injuries. Hartley will be far more physical than Ironton

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:54 am
Tripaces wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:31 am I’ve heard a lot about Mathews being out and that’s a big loss for wheelersburg but after the game their coach said they lost a couple to injury Friday night who was the other player who got hurt and how long will he be out ? Looks like burg is snake bit
Horsley their starting line backer and FB got hurt in first half. Tried to give it a go in second half but had to to be pulled.
Thanks for the update on Horsley.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:03 pm
14U wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:46 pm
Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:05 pm
Totally agree 14U.
14 looked the part Friday. He’s allusive when he scrambles. Needs to learn when to get what he can and get down or out instead of forcing into tight windows.
7 has a big arm and looks good reading d but struggles with touch.
They will make the right decision.
Yes they will. Burg will be ok just one tough non conference schedule but that happens when you can’t find anyone to play your team. I remember not that long ago Ironton had that problem travel 2 plus hours for a game. We you’re down they line up but when you’re power they run!! Burg fans need to remember that their QB is out for season and next true QB is either a Sophomore or Freshman. You put there strength and weaknesses down but alittle playing time will fix that up. If the burg coaches decide on one they will have 3-4 years with them and good backup and not be in the situation like this year! Like I put on many topics burg will be fine and enter playoffs 8-2. I see rematch coming up and a true QB. You know Burg wasn’t running on all cylinders but at 10-6 that fumble that went in burgs hands and bounced out could have changed that game, you know? Scoring and then recovering at midfield, wow!
That game would’ve been interesting if 6 stays on that fumble. And ik if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle.
Game of inches....
that's a hoot man, ain't heard that one in a minute. they both played in the same quagmire though.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

FBfan007 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:33 pm Wheelersburg has a load of talent but they arent using all weapons. I was told by a burg coach that they didnt show ironton anything in the scrimmage against granville. This makes me curious because the play calling in the granville jamboree game was better then the actual game against Itown. If they would rotate people around like swords, Clarke, and when makya is back out at WR, then they could have masters as a dual threat QB. They need talent at the receivers to stretch the field. Heck, I'd even throw the freshman in at QB and have masters at WR if it means they are getting more talent in the receiver core. No need for the full house set when you have talent. Utilize it and they will be perfectly fine this season and could make a nice playoff run. Burg coaches are some of the best around and will for sure have these boys ready to go.
fan, that's strange that you said that about not showing ironton anything. frankly I was kinda shocked as to what I was seeing. but it may be a personel problem and just not have the players to do it currently. I have no idea how young burg is. but the burg I've seen for 30 years well they onside kick, fake punt, burn you vertically, pull trick plays on you. and in general, you don't know what to expect but mayhem. I felt like your passing game wasn't there for starters. I mean that with the utmost respect. ironton's wasn't either. I told a classmate. I hope when this rain hits, we quit trying to pass, because we didn't need to. the passes for you all were not there, and granted a bunch were dropped. but you all attacked the strength of our intrior and the tigers were responding. they were gang tackling, had great lateral pursuit and In general swarming to the ball. I just wasn't seeing that from the burg side. and they were worn out the second half while ironton was charging to the line of scrimmage and back from tackles. I have never seen that from a burg team. ever. my advice is to open it up, keep people guessing and dance like it's your last chance. ironton was just too fundamentally sound to be beaten that way. but good luck to both our programs going forward. nothing but respect from this ole boy for both squads.YTB.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:00 am
Poo Bear wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:37 am
It was scheduled two years ago. Problem with scheduling a team like Hartley is the make up of private teams, that are good, can change quickly. Good inner city private schools have advantages.
Best talent money can buy

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Hartley won't win DIII this year. They did spank Athens in rd. 1 last year but lost the neighborhood battle with Eastmoor in rd. 2 and Eastmoor got throttled in rd. 3. They lost quite a bit of talent and will make the playoffs but not the title.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:54 am
Big boy , he ran hard too hate to hear that

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

XandO72 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:16 pm
14U wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:10 pm My opinion is go with one QB and that Masters kid seems to look like the future and a true QB. He is a Sophomore? If so,keep him back there for 3 years. That might open the field up and keep all the big hits off Mathews.
Ironton gashed burgs offensive line. Seemed like they penetrated at will. Hartley is gonna eat good.
LOL. Total yards Ironton 269, Burg 239 Hmm This Ironton super Bowl Team has a weakness and it will find them out soon they can not pass and they can not stop the pass lol

The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:24 am
FBfan007 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:33 pm Wheelersburg has a load of talent but they arent using all weapons. I was told by a burg coach that they didnt show ironton anything in the scrimmage against granville. This makes me curious because the play calling in the granville jamboree game was better then the actual game against Itown. If they would rotate people around like swords, Clarke, and when makya is back out at WR, then they could have masters as a dual threat QB. They need talent at the receivers to stretch the field. Heck, I'd even throw the freshman in at QB and have masters at WR if it means they are getting more talent in the receiver core. No need for the full house set when you have talent. Utilize it and they will be perfectly fine this season and could make a nice playoff run. Burg coaches are some of the best around and will for sure have these boys ready to go.
fan, that's strange that you said that about not showing ironton anything. frankly I was kinda shocked as to what I was seeing. but it may be a personel problem and just not have the players to do it currently. I have no idea how young burg is. but the burg I've seen for 30 years well they onside kick, fake punt, burn you vertically, pull trick plays on you. and in general, you don't know what to expect but mayhem. I felt like your passing game wasn't there for starters. I mean that with the utmost respect. ironton's wasn't either. I told a classmate. I hope when this rain hits, we quit trying to pass, because we didn't need to. the passes for you all were not there, and granted a bunch were dropped. but you all attacked the strength of our intrior and the tigers were responding. they were gang tackling, had great lateral pursuit and In general swarming to the ball. I just wasn't seeing that from the burg side. and they were worn out the second half while ironton was charging to the line of scrimmage and back from tackles. I have never seen that from a burg team. ever. my advice is to open it up, keep people guessing and dance like it's your last chance. ironton was just too fundamentally sound to be beaten that way. but good luck to both our programs going forward. nothing but respect from this ole boy for both squads.YTB.
I agree with this. When your only halftime adjustment on offense is to come out and run a gimmick play from the 1980's Bears to line up your biggest lineman in the backfield to open up a hole you're in trouble. The defense didn't appear to make any adjustments and Ironton's OL manhandled Wheelersburg's OL all night and the backs just ran overtop of the linebackers to get into the secondary. For a school that has always had outstanding linebackers they have come up short this year

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Hartley will lose by a running clock to Kenston

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:29 pm
Hartley will lose by a running clock to Kenston
You giving me Hartley and 30 if they match up in the postseason?

Return to “Football”