Week 1: Gallia Academy @ Meigs

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Re: Week 1: Gallia Academy @ Meigs

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Hoping for an injury free season for all teams in the area. That said, here's hoping the Blue Devils make the return trip downriver with a BIG win. GA pulling away late.
Final prediction GA 42 Meigs 21.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck Blue Devils, win one for the OVC.

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

I’ve seen both teams scrimmage & the only thing I think differs from a lot here is that GA is way more athletic than Meigs. Yes Meigs has 2-3 athletic guys, Gallia has 6-7 atleast. The fastest GA team in years but they lack size and depth. Meigs also lacks both of the categories as a team. This could be an exciting one but I have GA 36 Meigs 18

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

NoPain23 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:56 pm I’ve seen both teams scrimmage & the only thing I think differs from a lot here is that GA is way more athletic than Meigs. Yes Meigs has 2-3 athletic guys, Gallia has 6-7 atleast. The fastest GA team in years but they lack size and depth. Meigs also lacks both of the categories as a team. This could be an exciting one but I have GA 36 Meigs 18
How do the Blue Devil O and D lines look?

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Series History since 2000:
2000: GA 18 Meigs 6
2001: GA 57 Meigs 0
2002: GA 35 Meigs 9
2003: GA 46 Meigs 0
2004: GA 27 Meigs 7
2005: GA 28 Meigs 6
2006-2014 No Game
2015: Meigs 26 GA 12
2016: Meigs 42 GA 7
2017: Meigs 14 GA 8
2018: GA 47 Meigs 34
-GA 7 Wins
-Meigs 3 Wins

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:07 am
NoPain23 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:56 pm I’ve seen both teams scrimmage & the only thing I think differs from a lot here is that GA is way more athletic than Meigs. Yes Meigs has 2-3 athletic guys, Gallia has 6-7 atleast. The fastest GA team in years but they lack size and depth. Meigs also lacks both of the categories as a team. This could be an exciting one but I have GA 36 Meigs 18
Pretty big offensively, defensively they mix up speed and size packages

Pigskin657
Waterboy

Post by Pigskin657 »

NoPain23 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:16 am
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:07 am
Pretty big offensively, defensively they mix up speed and size packages
Gallia should have once again a talented line. They are returning 3 starters and filled one of the 2 openings. In my opinion it will take them finding a knowledgeable center as in the 3 year starting center they lost to make this line a solid unit.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Good luck to both teams! Interested to see the outcome of this one!

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
Fecal Oscillator
Waterboy

Post by Fecal Oscillator »

Thats too bad about the OT. He is a great player.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Offensively my question about this game is the Gallo’s academy quarterback. I don’t mean that as a shot against the young man. He may set the world on fire. I don’t know because in the preseason we basically have not asked him to do anything. So to me that is a unknown. If he can be just good enough that defenses have to account for him in the run game. That may be all they need.

If kid has to be accounted for in run game and he can throw good enough to keep a defense honest. This offensive will be crazy. If he is better then that then this could be a unforgettable year at Gallia academy they may look like a video game.

But if he can’t keep a defense honest with his arm and they don’t have to account for him in the run game. Defenses are going to be able to flatten out against us and negate a lot of our speed. That would make us much more pedestrian.

Defensively. I don’t have a lot of questions. We don’t have are best 11 defenders playing defense. Because we want to keep players fresh if a team exploits any area of our defense we will be able to change personnel and match up with them.

Blue devils more talented team blue devils in for a better season. Blue devils lack experience at a lot of key positions that is why not reason I see this as close.

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

Fecal Oscillator wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:46 pm Thats too bad about the OT. He is a great player.
Saw on Facebook where he had his MRI and the doc said it was a miracle because their are no tears and he is full go this Friday.

Blue/92
Riding the Bench

Post by Blue/92 »

svac83 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:58 pm I love Gallia Academy and my blue devils but everyone predicting a 20 point win. Most have not seen the same team scrimmage twice that I have. I think we’re in for a pretty solid year but this team hasn’t checked some boxes that it is going to need to check to beat Meigs by 20. Maybe I will see it tommorow night.
What are your thoughts after the SG scrimmage?

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Gallia -10

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

Calpreps has game at Ga-28 Meigs-24

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Blue/92 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:03 pm
svac83 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:58 pm I love Gallia Academy and my blue devils but everyone predicting a 20 point win. Most have not seen the same team scrimmage twice that I have. I think we’re in for a pretty solid year but this team hasn’t checked some boxes that it is going to need to check to beat Meigs by 20. Maybe I will see it tommorow night.
I did not see south gallia scrimmage. I had thought the jamboree game was Friday so took Friday as early day out of work. And I stayed over Saturday didn’t get home in time.
Didn’t think I would be there until after 8 and figured starters would of been about done

Blue/92
Riding the Bench

Post by Blue/92 »

svac83 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:28 pm
Blue/92 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:03 pm
I did not see south gallia scrimmage. I had thought the jamboree game was Friday so took Friday as early day out of work. And I stayed over Saturday didn’t get home in time.
Didn’t think I would be there until after 8 and figured starters would of been about done
This offense is quick. QB was a little shaky but made several nice completions. Defense is quick to the ball. Lines on both sides are still making adjustments. With that said, I can see Gallia winning this one 38-14.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

No offense to anyone but scrimmaging south Gallia and Alexander is puzzling to me. Gallia academy should beat meigs by 21

Riding the Bench

Post by 645945 »

My take on the jamboree game. It sure would be nice if #46 for south Gallia was still in blue and white. That being said glad he is getting a chance to show and help south Gallia.

Gallipolis has a lot of weapons to put on the field. I also am worried about quarterback play. I hope the young man they have there can be successful in the style of offense we are running. Not sure that his skill set fits the scheme. Time will tell but he has a lot to prove this season. O-line worked well They will get our running backs positive yards most every play. Our running backs second level ability is very high. The o-line will be able to get them 3-4 yards a play the RB individual ability in the second level will be exciting to watch. Receivers are solid
they are blocking well but haven’t seen many pass opportunities yet.

Now the defense. D line had two starting ends out against south Gallia so that reflected some on what happened. The Dline should be able to control the line of scrimmage in most cases. D backs lots of speed back there if they keep people in front of them they will be an effective unit. My main worry is the linebackers. Replacing a district player of the year is always tough. I do worry about the LBs stopping the run although early season adjustments are always there seeing these kids Go through multiple 7 on 7 that have a tendency to promote bad habits for a position whose first responsibilities is the run. The ability for good LB play is there it needs to be worked on.

So about Friday gallipolis should win this game. Turnovers will tell the tale if we turn the ball over which is possible we give Meigs a very good shot to stay in and win this game. If we take care of the ball we should win. If clealand has found effective receivers then this could be a interesting game to watch.

Riding the Bench

Post by 645945 »

Yes poo bear not a very challenging preseason. Hope your Meigs prediction is correct lots of questions to be answered Friday night.

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:48 pm No offense to anyone but scrimmaging south Gallia and Alexander is puzzling to me. Gallia academy should beat meigs by 21
Easy wins I guess but you are still 0-0. Really hard to know how good this team can be from the scrimmages.

ga by 4 scores. Cleland is good but not good enough to overcome ga’s defense.

Return to “Football”