Division V rankings and early speculation

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Division V rankings and early speculation

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:22 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:40 pm oh the almighty soc eh.
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:02 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:29 pm

lowly ovc. yeah, the soc is obviously the premiere conference around here. you got burg and burg. get over yourself and realize how close they are to mirror images. and you wonder why everyone wants to see burg get tripped up. no matter who does it.
The same reason Burg wants to smash Ironton every year. And the same reason everyone wants Ironton to fail. Yea, I get it.

But let's not get back to comparing the SOCII to the ovc. There is no comparison.

I did this last year but I will add to it....Last 11 years....SOC II is 95-17 against the OVC.

Wheelersburg is 23-0
West 31-5
Valley 27-9
Minford 11-1
Waverly 3-2

There is literally zero comparison.
But they are mirror images.... how can that be?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

http://calpreps.com/2019/ratings/Ohio_division.htm

This is an interesting take on DV.

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:05 pm http://calpreps.com/2019/ratings/Ohio_division.htm

Problem there is when you click on internal links to review each team ( i clicked on wheelersburg) you get an acknowledgement that teams have not been updated so it is likely that in it, as well as the rating I enclosed in OP a calculation based on incomplete info is being used.

I have attempted to explain it a couple of times to no avail, that the point of OP was simply to illustrate the change in dynamic going into this seasons opener between Ironton/Burg. And then everyone else illustrated their poor comprehension skills and we ended up with the same ol mumbo jumbo. Hypothesized scenarios and incessant debate about topics that we lack -for now - clarity on. That said, I get the exuberance and how the perpetual fodder is intended to entertain as opposed to informing.

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

Imagine if a thread stayed on topic. 🤦‍♂️😂

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:05 pm http://calpreps.com/2019/ratings/Ohio_division.htm

Pretty accurate ratings! based on strength of schedule Burg has a pretty tough schedule. I would put Kirtland #1 and Orrville #2 but other than that it looks pretty good. Go Burg!

Burg grad 85
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Portsmouth is in a stacked region 19. 7-3 will not make the cut. 8-2 will get you in the bottom 4. Have to play hard every week. Crazy how the region changed from last year

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth cannot afford to lose to Ironton and West, two teams that should give big computer points if the Trojans can defeat them. PHS most likely will have to beat at least one of those teams to have any chance of the playoffs because there are a few OVC schools that won't give many secondary points in addition to River Valley.

Return to “Football”