Why Athens will be better under Nathan White.

moorelukas
Riding the Bench

Why Athens will be better under Nathan White.

Post by moorelukas »

Lukas Moore --

Today is the first time since 2007 a new voice will be commanding Athens Bulldog training camp. Longtime offensive coordinator Nathan White will be taking over for longtime head coach Ryan Adams. Change is coming for the defending TVC champs.

At first, it doesn’t seem like the best thing for Athens. For the last 12 seasons, Adams led the most successful era in the history of Athens football. Adams collected a 96-37 (.722) record, including a 52-10 (.836) record in the TVC-Ohio. Adams also owns the first-ever playoff win in Athens history, six conference championships, three 10-0 seasons, five playoff appearances, and of course a near brush with a state championship. After all that, It’s hard to think it can get better for Bulldog fans than the Adams era. Especially after the Bulldogs forced a running clock in every conference game last season. But, I think it does get better for the Green and Gold.
Picture
Nathan White was the absolute right hire for the Athens Bulldogs. White’s name had been associated with the head coaching position even before Adams retirement. His reputation as an offensive mastermind, combined with his demeanor, and clear ability to communicate a message to a football team, made him a clear cut replacement for Adams. I think White can not only continue what Adams built, but I think White can elevate Athens to another level.

The praise from former players and coaches is resounding when asked about White. Many cite his knowledge of the game and...
Full Article: https://www.wathsportsfan.com/sportsfan ... than-white

Return to “Football”