Burned out of playing sports

79Tiger
All Conference

Re: Burned out of playing sports

Post by 79Tiger »

What should be prioritized is education. Students in a typical high school receive more academic scholarships than they do athletic scholarships.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

79Tiger wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:57 pm What should be prioritized is education. Students in a typical high school receive more academic scholarships than they do athletic scholarships.
I agree 79Tiger.

Btw...I assume from your username that you graduated in 79 from Ironton. I know the 79 team was State Champs...but 78 (your senior year I assume) the Tigers were pretty tough too.

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

I played Football, Basketball and Baseball in high school. I played Baseball in the summer. Never got burned out of any sport because I was always playing something different. I was all league in each sport and played college baseball. I think it is the coaches and "extra" stuff like AAU, etc. that makes kids burned out today. Also, parents that have unrealistic expectations for their kids.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

ravensfan09 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:01 pm
79Tiger wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:57 pm What should be prioritized is education. Students in a typical high school receive more academic scholarships than they do athletic scholarships.
I agree 79Tiger.

Btw...I assume from your username that you graduated in 79 from Ironton. I know the 79 team was State Champs...but 78 (your senior year I assume) the Tigers were pretty tough too.
I graduated in '80 and was fortunate to have played on both teams. The '79 season paid for my college education. Quite fortunate in that aspect but the '78 team is still considered by many, me included, to be the best team Lutz ever fielded at IHS

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

79Tiger wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:11 pm
ravensfan09 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:01 pm
I agree 79Tiger.

I graduated in '80 and was fortunate to have played on both teams. The '79 season paid for my college education. Quite fortunate in that aspect but the '78 team is still considered by many, me included, to be the best team Lutz ever fielded at IHS
I hope they do something to recognize the 40th Anniversary of the state championship team. I believe 89 won it all also, and 99 was runner-up. Should be a lot of celebrations this year in TigerTown!

Return to “Football”